• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to de-compile code into PBS Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey! I'm trying to make a mod for an existing Pokemon Essentials game, but the PBS files in it were compiled into code already. How do I revert the code into PBS files, or, if that's impossible, add new PBS files to the code? Sorry to be a bother, and thanks in advance for the help!

Years
  • I would imagine you would have to edit the system scripts for it to properly input new PBS documents. If you want a decompiled version, start afresh with a new copy of essentials and copy the PBS data, audio, and graphics into the new one

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I would imagine you would have to edit the system scripts for it to properly input new PBS documents. If you want a decompiled version, start afresh with a new copy of essentials and copy the PBS data, audio, and graphics into the new one

Okay, thanks! How exactly do I edit the system scripts, though?

Years
  • It depends on what you want to do. For intance say you wanted to define types, if you look in your script editor in RPGMXP,

There are the first few lines of the script PBTypes_Extra

[DIV]class PBTypes
    @@TypeData=nil # internal

def PBTypes.loadTypeData # internal
    if !@@TypeData
    @@TypeData=load_data("Data/types.dat")
    @@TypeData[0].freeze
    @@TypeData[1].freeze
    @@TypeData[2].freeze
    @@TypeData.freeze
    end
    return @@TypeData
    end[/DIV]

The PBS files are loaded onto corresponding .dat files when complied which the scripts can load.

Years
  • From what i understand you are asking how to recompile someone elses game. I doubt anyone would tell you how to do that. if you want the source code then you'll need to ask the author

Years
  • Yeah, decompiling someone else's game is stealing. We're not going to tell you how to steal better. Get the files from the author, or make your own game. Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back