• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] [Beta 1.2 - 5-10 hrs gameplay] Pokemon Fission/Fusion Version

Which starter are you thinking about receiving?

• Furrco

Votes: 72 29.3%
  • Satyripup

Votes: 79 32.1%
  • Bottlefin

Votes: 95 38.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024

Introduction

Ever imagined the *Fallout* series crossed with the *Pokemon* series? Look no further! Pokemon Fission/Fusion (PFF) versions are here! PFF is set in the post apocalyptic region of Westorn two hundred years into the future! The world is under the threat of old threats reemerging while you try to work to make the overworld habitable again!

Westorn is based on the American state of Washington. The other "Washington" (Fallout reference ;) )

Features

• A pokedex of 406 pokemon
  • 34 pokemon that are mega-compatible, including new, mega eeveelutions)
  • approximately 100 fakemon, including a new eeveelution, Fermeon
  • A new Rotom Form who is part-Radioactive
  • A new type, the Radioactive type, click here for the updated type chart. Ice type receives several defensive boosts as well.
  • Radiation Sickness status condition
  • Adjustments to standard pokemon detailed here.
  • 10,000 collectible variants of each shiny pokemon, collectively making over 4 million sprites
  • A new region to explore
  • 8 Underground Bosses to defeat including the Westorn Council (Elite 4), and its champion,
  • Oppenheimer
  • Brand-new abilities, and moves

Spoiler: Meta Changes
Type, Ability, BST, and Move Changes
  • 219.png
    Magcargo's BST was increased by 100pts, and receives a new trapping ability aimed at killing radioactive types! Still trashed by Ground and Water types, however! The new ability is called Porous Rock.
  • 500.png
    503.png
    467.png
    466.png
    Emboar, Samurott, Magmortar, and Electivire have their base speeds upped by 20 points each
  • 206.png
    Added about 50 BST to Dunsparce's normal stats, gave it Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Draco Meteor as level 1 moves, only accessible via Move Relearner
  • 500.png
    Added Gluttony and Simple and removed Blaze to Emboar's default abilities; Reckless remains as HA
  • 503.png
    Added Sniper and Defiant and removed Torrent to Samurott's default abilities; Shell Armor remains as HA
  • 497.png
    Added Shed Skin and Competitive and removed Overgrow to Serperior's abilities; Contrary remains as HA
  • 119.png
    Seaking is now Part Poison type
  • 335.png
    336.png
    Seviper is now Part Dark, and is the Special equivalent of Zangoose. It now has the poison point ability. Zangoose and Seviper both have 10 BST increase in Defense and Special Def, each
  • 548.png
    549.png
    Liligant and Petilil are now part Fairy type, have moves like Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, and has 10 points added to its base Def and Sp. Def
  • 769.png
    770.png
    Sandygast and Palossand now have an other possible ability: Drain Boost, and hidden Sand Veil, they also have a new BP 75, Radioactive type Signature move called Poisonous Drain. It will restore the user 1/2 hp of damage dealt.
  • 248-mega.png
    Mega Tyranitar now receives Sand Rush
  • 614.png
    Beartic has about 50 BST added to its stats and still has the Slush Rush ability
  • 109.png
    Koffing is now (PSN/Radio)
  • 110.png
    Weezing is now (PSN/Radio)
  • 467.png
    Magmortar is now (Fire/Radio)
  • 324.png
    Torkoal is now (Fire/Radio)
  • 466.png
    Electivire is now (Electr/Radio)
  • 769.png
    Sandygast is now (Radio/Ground)
  • 770.png
    Palossand is now (Radio/Ground)
  • 101.png
    Electrode is now (Electr/Radio)
  • 100.png
    Voltorb is now (Electr/Radio)
  • 474.png
    Porygon Z is now (Normal/Radio)
  • 524.png
    Roggenrola is now (Rock/Radio)
  • 525.png
    Boldore is now (Rock/Radio)
  • 526.png
    Gigalith is now (Rock/Radio)
  • 134.png
    Vaporeon has Drizzle as a possible ability, scrapping Hydration
  • 471.png
    Glaceon has Snow Warning as a possible ability
  • 470.png
    Leafeon has Drought as a possible ability, scrapping Leaf Guard
  • 133.png
    Eevee receives Growth exclusively via move re-learner
  • 136.png
    Flareon Receives Agility via move re-learner
  • 135.png
    Jolteon now recieves Zap Cannon and Heat Wave via move re-learner
  • 471.png
    Glaceon receives Freeze-Dry via move relearner, Flash Cannon by TM
  • 470.png
    628.png
    701.png
    681.png
    398.png
    Leafeon, Braviary, Hawlucha, Aegislash and Staraptor all receive a new move called Gliding Strike. It acts like Sacred Sword. Is Flying type with 90 base power.
  • 470.png
    Leafeon will also receive a new, exclusive move called Sunburnt Blade
    Grass type

90 BP 100 Acc 10-16 PP Physical

Effect: User takes recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage caused. If Harsh Sunlight is in effect, the move becomes Fire type.
  • 196.png
    Espeon now receives Power Gem and Nasty Plot Via Move re-learner
  • 359.png
    359-mega.png
    Absol and its mega recieve a 10 BST increase in both def and sp.def.
Updated Evolution Methods
  • 126.png
    Magmar-> Magmortar: is now using a magmarizer
  • 125.png
    Electabuzz -> Electivire: is now using an electrizer
  • 133.png
    Eevee -> Sylveon: is now via Pixie Stone
  • 737.png
    Charjabug -> Vikavolt: level up at 32
  • 95.png
    Onix -> Steelix: is now using a Metal Coat on it
  • 79.png
    Slowpoke -> Slowking: is now level up using a King's Rock
  • 682.png
    Spritzee -> Aromatisse: is now using Satchet on it
  • 684.png
    Swirlix -> Slurpuff: is now using Whipped Dream on it
  • 93.png
    Haunter -> Gengar: is now level up knowing Shadow Ball
  • 588.png
    Karrablast -> Escavaleir is now level up @ 30 in the Rain
  • 616.png
    Shelmet -> Accelgor is now level up @ 30 in the Rain
  • 123.png
    Scyther -> Scizor is now using a Metal Coat
  • 525.png
    Boldore -> Gigalith is now level up at 36
  • 75.png
    Graveler -> Golem is now level up at 36
  • 137.png
    Porygon -> Porygon2 is now using Upgrade on it
  • 233.png
    Porygon2 -> Porygyon Z is now using Dubious Disc on it
  • 67.png
    Machoke -> Machamp is now level up at 36
  • 37-alola.png
    Alolan Vulpix -> Alolan Ninetales is now via Pixie Stone
New Mega Evolutions
  • 206.png
    Dunsparce -mevo-> (with a 200 BST increase) Recieves a Dragon/Flying Mevo with Delta Stream (because who doesn't love memes), and a few more moves to go along with its newfound typing
  • 474.png
    PZ is now normal/radioactive type - mevo-> radio type w/ Radiate (essentially the radioactive type pixilate)
  • 136.png
    Flareon (now has Drought) -mevo-> Sheer Force
  • 471.png
    Glaceon (now has the Snow Warning ability) -mevo-> Slush Rush
  • 134.png
    Vaporeon (now has the Drizzle ability) -mevo-> Swift Swim
  • 470.png
    Leafeon (now has Drought) -mevo-> Chlorophyll
  • 210.png
    Granbull -mevo-> Fairy/Ground (will work on making it... better)
  • 197.png
    Umbreon -mevo-> Early Bird
  • All eeveelutions ca now mega evolve!
  • Scrapping mega Spiritomb!
  • 472.png
    Gliscor -mevo-> Tough Claws

Starters

The three starters to the Westorn region! According to a recent demand the Westorn Council only hand them out to the students who recieve an "Advanced" on their PLEETS (Pokemon League Exit Examination for the Trainer School). For those who receive "average" will receive a Bidoof and for those who receive a "below average" will stay another year.

Sounds draconian, right? Yeah. Ever since the new Champion Oppenheimer has taken hold of the Pokemon League, he had instituted policies that have become increasing bureaucratic and utterly dreadful. Before Oppenheimer, all trainers were allowed to choose from the three. This will certainly affect your game. However, even you do score average, even the best trainers can overcome wherever standardized testing place you. In fact others who recognize your potential might be willing to invest in your success by giving you one of the three starters anyway...

Our Protagonists

We're planning on letting you customize them with four different skin tones.

Screenshots

Downloads

Beta 1.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/file/jkqksy4rxzh9uuc/Pokemon_Fission_Fusion_Beta_1.2.rar/file

Spoiler: Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q54qmmrs1bkhirt/Patch.rar/file

How to install:

Interior maps, Riverside City, and Route 1 were shifted right a few tiles. Meadow town was shifted 6 tiles up. Please be sure to stand in a clear spot before installing,
otherwise you could get permanently stuck!

1) Open your game folder

2) copy and paste the Data folder into your game

3) Open your graphics folder

4) Delte your Tilesets and Pictures folders

5) Replace with patch folders

Spoiler: Beta 1.2 Changes

General:

[x] Running sprites on the player charachter have been made. New Bug Catcher sprites!
[x] New custom tracks!
[x] Virtually every piece of custom music has been retouched
[x] You'll find new TMs scattered about Westorn...
[x] Wild Encounter levels pre-Olympian City have been rebalanced
[x] Funeral service in Fortuna City's Underground
[x] Gen 5 ui sounds, evolution theme, victory theme and capture jingles

Debugging:

[x] Zillions of map errors and typos have been fixed
[x] Removed Acid Rain because it caused some funky glitches
[x] The ability Battery somehow crashed the game; it has been hotfixed.
[x] Easy Mode radiation bug fixed.
[x] Maia's gym is fixed and operational...
[x] Deleted unused maps, including all default Pokemon Essentials maps, and Default essentials music and tilesets
[x] Deleted pre-installed minigames
[x] Removed Marin's OW Shadow scripts
[x] Butterfree and Metapod's cries have been fixed.

Mapping:

[x] Corrected the few, remaining maps and NPC sprites still in gen 3 style
[x] The Olympian Forest is now accessible with a custom tileset!
[x] Tireo has a new gym!
[x] Trainers have been added to Routes 5 and 6.
[x] New, custom dead tree sprites!

Planned Changes for Future Releases:
[x] Return of full-color Pokemon sprites
[x] Correcting fakemon weights/heights, ev yields, and pokedex descriptions.
[x] New Pokedex UI
[x] Bag Icons for the starters
[x] Fixing character name imput ui
[x] New inbattle and overworld trainer sprites
[x] Three more towns, 4 routes

Credits

Made with:
  • RPG Maker XP - Pokemon Essentials v17.2
  • GIMP
  • Paint
Dev Team:
Juliorain -coding, eventing, mapping, social media, UI design,
CubexGames (beta sprite work), Viod, Blade, just butter - fakemon sprites, trainer art
Joopie - Music
Phatmon, Minari - Fakemon Art
Gappyora - Social media

Spoiler: General Credits
  • Pokemon Company -- Pokemon is a registered trademark of the Pokemon Company International
  • Pokemon Essentials V15
  • RowdyHD, djangie
  • many more for help on coding radioactive tiles by mej71, maruno
  • Trev for thread CSS

Spoiler: Tileset Credits
  • UltimoSpriter
  • Kyle-Dove
  • darkdarkrai
  • shiney570

Spoiler: Sprite Credits
  • pocketmonster98
  • pokecomminuty gen 6 and 7 sprite database,
  • Wolf for his TCG move summary icons
  • ORAS icons by pikachumazzinga
  • Essentials BW Pack V3 from Pokecommunity​
  • Icon sprites used on this forum can be found with pokemonurpg.com's pokedex. (used with permission)
  • Underground Bosses Stella and Maia based off photos taken by Random Acts Stock [they have some NSFW stock photos. I haven't used used any NSFW content in mine]
  • Survivor Trainer sprites based off stock photos take by Anyman82CubexGames
  • phoenix_s - Gen 7 overworld sprites
  • Aerun - Gen 1-6 overworld sprites
  • Ignacio Viltes - Mega Medicham
  • PokeCommunity's Gen VI + VII Sprite Repository
  • Gen 6 trainer sprites - Kyle Dove
  • La Pampa - Snorlax Sleeping
  • Purple Zaffre- Team Neo Plasma OW sprites
  • pocketmonster98
  • Wolf for his TCG move summary icons
  • ORAS icons by pikachumazzinga
  • Essentials BW Pack V3 from Pokecommunity​

Spoiler: Interfaces and Scripts Credits
  • Mega Eeveelution Stats, abilities and movesets: Orithan
  • BW Load and Pause Screens by shiney570
  • More self switches by game_guy,
  • Animated Title Screens, New Animated Bitmap Wrappers, G6 Titles by Luka SJ,
  • EBS by Luka S.J., pinkcatdragon, tebited15, ei, lilatraube, maruno, badsamaritan,
  • Pokemon Essentials SM Update 2.0 by Zeak6464, TapuFini, SpartaLazor, leparagon, M3rein,
  • BlackOutG5, Rune, Rigbycwts, Rot8er_ConeX, James Davy, Luka S.J.
  • Shields Down, Soul Heart by Wolf
  • Pokemon Followers by zingzags, Rayd12smitty,, venom12, mej71
  • f8 quicksave, overworld shadows, better map by marin
  • pokemon death
  • evo moves by crystal noel
  • pokemonforms.txt ego13
  • radial menu by
  • modular title screen luka sj
  • vendily ambient cries
  • disguise ability by poq
  • wimpout/emergency exit by Rot8er_ConeX Rot8er_ConeX
  • Nuzlocke - JV
  • SM Gender select by bo4p5687

Spoiler: Music Credits
  • Seeburg Music Library Vol. 1,
  • Seeburg Music Library: Happy Music Moments,
  • Ultra Lounge Vol.7 - The Crime Scene, Crime Jazz - Music in the First Degree,
  • Crime Jazz - Music in the Second Degree,
  • Crime Jazz Definitive Collection
  • Pokemon ORAS cries pack, Gen VII Cries pack, and USUM cries pack ripped by Phasma,
  • Doublade and Aegislash cries from Smogon
  • Geiger Counter sound d.l. from http://www.ringelkater.de/Sounds/s_2geraeusche1.htm
  • metal creaking noise by prosoundeffects

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
You're making a fangame with radiation and nuclear power as a core aesthetic?

I would consider checking out Pokémon Uranium - see what they did and see how you want to do it differently, and why.

Another thing, since you spoke about making it more Fallout-like: Can you bring in some of those mellow 50s songs, or an ost with a similar feel, into the game as well? I really liked that in Fallout 3.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
yeah I know of uranium. It kind of sucks, actually when I found out that already happened.

I was thinking about bringing in cold war 50s America aesthetics like Fallout, because why not. Though I haven't really done so yet with buildings and characters.

Hmmm... Pokemon wasteland suburbia... I dig.

The music, however, is something completely different; I'm not sure what to include for battle music but we'll see... I might have to edit the songs so I don't violate copyright even more!

found music gold: http://seeburg1000.com/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I have one question and one problem. The question is, Are you supposed to get at least 1 question wrong so that you get the Bidoof? as one question had no answers to choose from. The problem I had was in trying to catch a Pokemon Fortidog as it gave me an error for it. I can take a screenshot and ad it to the post if need be. Thanks for any help. Just happened when trying to catch a Deedee. I will put the photo on soon as I can get me a link for it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I have one question and one problem. The question is, Are you supposed to get at least 1 question wrong so that you get the Bidoof? as one question had no answers to choose from. The problem I had was in trying to catch a Pokemon Fortidog as it gave me an error for it. I can take a screenshot and ad it to the post if need be. Thanks for any help.

That question was supposed to skipped, thinking that people did have the patience to go through it, but from your reaction it looks lazy. I'll take it out.

What was error catching Fortidog? Please screenshot it. I caught many on my playtroughs without error.

EDIT: yeah I see what you mean this is bizarre.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
album.php
Here is the screenshot. With it not showing in post you can check the album I created to put the picture in. I liked the test just the way it is. I can't wait to get further in the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed the error. It had to do with the version of Essentials I was using. It'll be a few hours as my computer uploads the new Alpha 1.1.

It features an updated FRLG tileset with dead grass and abandoned buildings. I fixed the forms viewer in the Pokedex and the catching glitch as well. I've updated a few events in Olympian City and the Olympian Forest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed the error. It had to do with the version of Essentials I was using. It'll be a few hours as my computer uploads the new Alpha 1.1.

It features an updated FRLG tileset with dead grass and abandoned buildings. I fixed the forms viewer in the Pokedex and the catching glitch as well. I've updated a few events in Olympian City and the Olympian Forest.
I am happy and can't wait as my Bidoof is level 11 and can't handle a double dragon battle by itself just yet.

Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Good now I am going to start catching some new Pokemon and Fakemon in the game and defeat the double trouble dragon team. Now I can't get back into the game as I am getting a runtime error that says script "sprite window" line 218 runtime error filename is nil.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Good now I am going to start catching some new Pokemon and Fakemon in the game and defeat the double trouble dragon team. Now I can't get back into the game as I am getting a runtime error that says script "sprite window" line 218 runtime error filename is nil.

Which version? Are you using your old save file?

I have a friend who started a new game in fission and it was fine for him. also for some reason my intro titles didn't save in fusion.

My game opens just fine.

EDIT: try starting a new game and see from there. thanks for telling me. uploading the files with the proper titles for Fusion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I am using the updated version but it happened in game when I used a premiere ball to catch the Fortidog and it got me out of the game and now I can't start a new game so I am going to delete my save for the game and then start a brand new game. I just got rid of my save file and was able to start a new game but when I caught the Fortidog this time with a regular pokeball and I went to look at the party pokemon I got the nil thing again and then game crashed. I need to stay away from that one Pokemon I guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I am using the updated version but it happened in game when I used a premiere ball to catch the Fortidog and it got me out of the game and now I can't start a new game so I am going to delete my save for the game and then start a brand new game. I just got rid of my save file and was able to start a new game but when I caught the Fortidog this time with a regular pokeball and I went to look at the party pokemon I got the nil thing again and then game crashed. I need to stay away from that one Pokemon I guess.

AHHHH I figured it out! Fortidog is missing an icon! I'll be uploading the patch for it immediately! I don't remember deleting that file, but alas I've uploaded it.

Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Well at least I haven't saved the game yet but I am happy to download and finally catch it without any worries this time. Thanks for the fix. I can't wait to get further into the game. I have been loving the updated overworld map.

Back