• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Instant Pokemon Transfer Tools (IPTS+IPES)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Instant Pokemon
Transfer Tools

What is it?
IPTS and IPES are programs that allows the user to quickly and efficiantly insert/export Pokemon Stats into/from their ROM with minimal effort.

But why?
Well to be quite honest, I'm lazy. And many other hackers out there are too. I'm simply making my life easier and sharing it.

Is it safe?
Who knows! It's currently only in Beta stage so it could blow up in your face or give you free kittens.
But one thing is for sure, it didnt break my test ROM!

What is a TRF file?
A TRF file, or Transfer Reading Filesystem, is a custom made file to work with IPTS without the need of bulky ini files or removing any features. Because of the design of the TRF file, it is 100% future proof. If any new generation of Pokemon are added, you can simply edit them in. That simple!

How do you edit the TRF file?
Well currently you can edit it by hand or use the included program(IPES).

Will you be releasing source code?
https://github.com/Joexv/IPES
https://github.com/Joexv/IPTS

How can I help?
Testers! We can never have enough testers!!! If you want to risk destroying your ROM or a backup, please by all means get a hold of me to get a beta release of the ROM!

We also are in need of more TRF files! If you would like to help make more TRF files please get in contact with me!
The current TRF files that we are in need of are as follows:
NationDex ordered Pokemon

What ROMs are supported?
ALL ROMS ARE SUPPORTED, just edit the ini to match your ROM and you're good to go!

Special thanks to:
* Diegoisawesome for his IntroEditor of which I learned a lot from reading the source code.(plus for some his functions that I stole borrowed, muahahahahaha)

* Locksmitharmy for originally helping me get into C# programing by sharing his special class file with me.

* xGal for the great C# tutorials over at Pokecommunity!

* Danny0317 and DarkZeta for their D&D editor for which they shared a buncha Pokemon data with me! Also for their willingness to help me with anything I needed!

*DarkZeta again for helping me fix a few things(Abilities, EVs and Items)

* Bulbapedia for the documentation on Pokemon Base stat structures

*LCCoolJ95 for his Emerald 650 base for which Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos Pokemon names came from

*Gamecube for his class files that saved me lots and lots of time

*Alex for his great support

Screenshots
may be outdated screens
Spoiler:

Known bugs
INI button doesnt work in IPTS

Planned Features
The ability to import move sets and sprites alongside stats and names, essentially making it contain all the information you could need to add more Pokemon to your ROM.

Download
v1.2 Mediafire

old

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
Alrighty guys IPTS has been released, please do note, that even though the program has been tested, there could still be a bug that was missed! This is still in Beta after all!

Included with the program are TRF files. Each TRF file contains Pokemon Stats and Names, they are stored as follows:
Kanto.TRF---First 151 Pokemon
Johto.TRF---99 Pokemon added by Gen 2 games
Hoehn.TRF---135 Pokemon added by Gen 3
Sinnoh.TRF---107 Pokemon added by Gen 4
Unova.TRF---157 Pokemon added by Gen 5
Alphabetical---All 650(including Sylveon) in alphabetical order

All should have their OR/AS stats and typing. Have fun!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
This. This is fucking awesome. Ive made a program VERY similar to this one, but haven't shared it yet(some parts are hard coded). It reads through the names table, the checks for the name + .pkmn.. Maybe we could do something like that here? I'd be willing to help out.

Joexv

Years
This. This is fucking awesome. Ive made a program VERY similar to this one, but haven't shared it yet(some parts are hard coded). It reads through the names table, the checks for the name + .pkmn.. Maybe we could do something like that here? I'd be willing to help out.

Well currently there is nothing hard coded into the program other than what is transferred(names and stats)
all offsets etc etc are all handled by the inis and TRF files.

I would like to keep it as clean and organized as I can which is why I use the TRFs instead of .pkmn files.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
So this could be used to add in all of the current pokemon (besides megas) in to say fire red? And is it better at or as good as it than gen 3 suite?

Joexv

Years
So this could be used to add in all of the current pokemon (besides megas) in to say fire red? And is it better at or as good as it than gen 3 suite?

Well currently this doesn't add Pokemon it replaces them, soon hopefully it will expand them.
And as for being better or worse than G3HS? They both have their uses neither is better than the other.

Joexv

Years
Could you make it possible to export the pokemon already in our rom? Maybe for like fakemon, or in my case, kalos pokemon.

There will actually be a separate program for editing the TRF files to add or remove Pokemon. That program will allow you to import Pokemon from your ROM or from .pkmn files created by D&D.

Years
  • Age 22
  • OHIO
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
OMG this is amazing!!!

I can help with setting up the .TRF files I think. (I'm pretty damn good at copying information from one place and putting it in another) :p

Joexv

Years
Alrighty update time.
Along side the Instant Pokemon Transfer System there is a new tool, called Instant Pokemon Export System(such creative names, wow, much thought)

What this program allows you to do is export Pokemon from your ROM into either a TRF file or into .PKMN files(100% compatible with D&D Editor).

You can now also create a blank template TRF file that has room for around 2000 Pokemon stats/names

You can get the download in the attachments on the op.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler:

Features in IPES
Spoiler:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
This tool has some amazing potential, especially with the next generation sneaking up on us. Once it can handle sprites and/or pokedex expansion it'll probably join the list of staples that pokecommunity is so grateful for. Seriously amazing work. :)

And as a lazy man with limited free time, I love that it reads the addresses and such from easily modded files.

Back