• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    20s seems pretty cold to me. It still hasn't gotten that cool here yet. I:
    Although this morning it was cold enough that standing probably 25ish feet off the ground -while wearing 2 and 3 layers of clothing- was unpleasant (mostly because of wind). I'm glad I was wearing so many layers, though, having found that tick on my jeans and all. (I found out after mentioning it earlier that it was a female deer tick. yay.)

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Yay, Deer Ticks! X)

Geez, I hate it when it gets way windier then usual, right when you get sick. It always seems to go right through you.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • /on phone, too lazy to quote

yeah, 20s in fahrenheit...is what i meant. I understand for you non-americans its...probably warm lmao

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Yay, lyme disease!

I can't really relate to that, Roc. The last time I was legitimately sick, I hardly could make myself walk through the house, let alone going outside. X}
    Although wind doesn't really bother me. It at least makes for neat pictures of water.

Edit:
    How...did three people post while I was typing that... .__.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Kelvin and Celsius can be used together, I am using Celsius.

Years
  • A universal measurement system would be nice indeed, however what would the benefits be? We here in America have been on the Farenheit system (and customary system of units) for so long that people would just be freaking out and they would never get used to it at all.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • What? Kelvins? You mean the system used for measuring the temperature of the sun?

On a level of whole numbers, Fahrenheit is more accurate. However, Celsius is more accurate with one decimal than Fahrenheit is with none. I guess it depends on how you look at it. :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since i frequently cross the border a lot, I have to get used to celsius because Mexico uses it a lot. And everytime i talk about the weather in my area, they'll think the US is burning like an oven XD

Years
  • A universal measurement system would be nice indeed, however what would the benefits be? We here in America have been on the Farenheit system (and customary system of units) for so long that people would just be freaking out and they would never get used to it at all.

Isn't it called the Metric system? I thought Americans and all their freedom-lovingness would've been disgusted using a system called "Imperial".

Years
  • Isn't it called the Metric system? I thought Americans and all their freedom-lovingness would've been disgusted using a system called "Imperial".
    Yeah, I know that its called Metric, John :P it's just that I'm sure if the US wanted to be with the rest of the world, then they would have to use Metric.. and from what I've heard, Imperial and Customary units are slightly different from one another, but I forget.

Sir Codin

Both Metric and Imperial units are seen in the United States, but Imperial is used more often. Ironic, I know, and I don't know why we still use them. If it's any consolation, scientists in America use metric like everyone else.

Years
  • I'm not really for eliminating the imperial system per se, but I wish that schools would also do a better job at teaching conversions of imperial to metric, because I know that metric is used in science, and it would definitely help out later on in higher-leveled science classes. In fact, I had a science teacher who was the cook of their household, and they always wrote down temperatures for recipes in celcius.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • AYE

I remember the first time I really had to use the metric system was in middle school. It was for a competition in Science Olympiad where you had to estimate various measurements. You had to use the metric system and to be honest, I like the metric system way more than our imperial system. It's so less complicated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back