• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Bergmite is adorable <3. What other Pokemon can we expect to find in Frostbite Cave?
    They are! You can also find Cryogonal, Swinub, Zubat, Delibird and more!

I'm loving how diverse Mt. Ignis is! Is Frostbite Cavern higher up the mountain? because that would make sense to why it's so much colder.

Great to see Bergmite's sprites going to good use!

I'd probably tweak the waterfall a little bit, I feel like it's too close to the land cave thing at the bottom. I'd probably move the cave entrance to the left a little bit, as well as the land thing.

Also, If you are including the help system, I can help you expand the 'Type Matchup' list to include the Fairy type, as well as correct the order to match the index numbers of the type.
    Thank you! Frostbite Cave is indeed higher up, near the top in fact. Thank you for the Bergmite and Avalugg sprites, they look amazing. That waterfall probably will end up getting changed, I do agree it looks a little awkward.

As for the help system, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother updating it and I might just remove it altogether, but if I do make a decision I'll be sure to ask for help! Thanks!

this looks pretty awesome i showcase pokemon videos on my channel i'd like to see how this goes :)
    Thank you!

This reminded me of something else..

Are we going to see a revamp to the in-game Help System? It gets kind of old seeing the same help system in every game. Just thought I'd drop in and ask real quick.

Keep up the great work! I'm loving these maps!
    Like I said to MrDS, I'm not sure at the moment. Thank you!

With the amazing work and help of DoesntKnowHowToPlay and the animators over at the Move Resource Thread (I believe MrDollSteak and dreamengine for Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes, respectively), I've got hazards working in Gaia!

Stealth Rock:
    DHrgFGC.gif
    b8ooyGl.gif

Toxic Spikes:
    ZDivIB6.gif
    28xo47z.gif
    0WllkCE.gif

Sticky Web:
    a774dGz.gif
    L1AqVvt.gif

These all stack properly, and Toxic Spikes are absorbed by Poison-types upon switch-in too, though neither are shown in the .gifs above.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • They are! You can also find Cryogonal, Swinub, Zubat, Delibird and more!

Thank you! Frostbite Cave is indeed higher up, near the top in fact. Thank you for the Bergmite and Avalugg sprites, they look amazing. That waterfall probably will end up getting changed, I do agree it looks a little awkward.

As for the help system, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother updating it and I might just remove it altogether, but if I do make a decision I'll be sure to ask for help! Thanks!

Hope Sneasel's in there too ;P

Not a worry! Glad you like them.

I like the waterfall, I wouldn't remove it completely, just a few tweaks around with tile placement.

I think the Help System has a lot of potential, it's really rather easy to edit and could be used for some interesting things. If you could find a way to make it unable to activate it until a certain flag/var is set, as well as a tilemap/palette change you could make it a cool field guide or something. Daniils found how to deactivate it completely, so looking around there it shouldn't be too hard to add a flag check.

I wouldn't make it a huge priority or anything, I just think it could be rather cool. Especially if you look at the vars that activate the different messages, you could easily tweak them to describe the 'mission' you're currently on, as well as documenting various research findings or what not.

Years
  • I like the waterfall, I wouldn't remove it completely, just a few tweaks around with tile placement.
    Ah, yeah, that's what I meant.

I think the Help System has a lot of potential, it's really rather easy to edit and could be used for some interesting things. If you could find a way to make it unable to activate it until a certain flag/var is set, as well as a tilemap/palette change you could make it a cool field guide or something. Daniils found how to deactivate it completely, so looking around there it shouldn't be too hard to add a flag check.
    Hm, that's interesting! That probably has something to do with the option to change what the L button does.

I wouldn't make it a huge priority or anything, I just think it could be rather cool. Especially if you look at the vars that activate the different messages, you could easily tweak them to describe the 'mission' you're currently on, as well as documenting various research findings or what not.
    Yeah, that could be interesting, thanks!

Based on a few suggestions I've got, I've expanded the Foot of Mt. Ignis and shifted some Trainers around. Here is how the new version looks!

wv3CwZb.png
    1xtCOIL.png
    OssD57m.png

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I may be sooo wrong, but if this is the entrace of the Ice Cave you should put some snow (platinum feelings) into it. Just to let everything a little bit cold.
    But if it's not, it's still beautiful
    I love your mapping!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    This hack seems to be awesome, I wish you the best for the rest of the hack. I have not read every post on the topic but I hope your beta will come up soon :)

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
    Years
  • They are! You can also find Cryogonal, Swinub, Zubat, Delibird and more!

Thank you!

Like I said to MrDS, I'm not sure at the moment. Thank you!

With the amazing work and help of DoesntKnowHowToPlay and the animators over at the Move Resource Thread (I believe MrDollSteak and dreamengine for Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes, respectively), I've got hazards working in Gaia!

Stealth Rock:
    DHrgFGC.gif
    b8ooyGl.gif

Toxic Spikes:
    ZDivIB6.gif
    28xo47z.gif
    0WllkCE.gif

Sticky Web:
    a774dGz.gif
    L1AqVvt.gif

These all stack properly, and Toxic Spikes are absorbed by Poison-types upon switch-in too, though neither are shown in the .gifs above.

Oh god, the content... It's certainly not helping me not get hyped for this project. Man, seeing projects like these really make me want to get started in creating Pokemon adventures of my own. :chu:

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Your Hack Is Cool Man, The 4th,6th And Last Screenshot Is Some Kind Of Tourist Magnet Or Something Lol Kinda Liked It :-D
    Don't Know If This Has Been Asked But Will You Change The Heroes Sprite Or Just Leave That Be?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    This hack looks really amazing! The story is pretty interesting, too. I haven't seen a lot of hacks that go for the whole ancient history thing. I have a feeling that this hack is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Best of luck!

Years
  • I may be sooo wrong, but if this is the entrace of the Ice Cave you should put some snow (platinum feelings) into it. Just to let everything a little bit cold.
    But if it's not, it's still beautiful
    I love your mapping!
    Mt. Ignis is a very tall mountain, and so the Foot is quite distanced from Frostbite Cave - the cave through that entrance are the Emerald Caverns.

This hack seems to be awesome, I wish you the best for the rest of the hack. I have not read every post on the topic but I hope your beta will come up soon :)
    Thank you!

Great hack i love the features and next gen stuff and love the way you mapped the frozen cave
    Thanks!

Oh god, the content... It's certainly not helping me not get hyped for this project. Man, seeing projects like these really make me want to get started in creating Pokemon adventures of my own. :chu:
    I'm glad to be an inspiration! Thank you!

Your Hack Is Cool Man, The 4th,6th And Last Screenshot Is Some Kind Of Tourist Magnet Or Something Lol Kinda Liked It :-D
    Don't Know If This Has Been Asked But Will You Change The Heroes Sprite Or Just Leave That Be?
    Thanks! Eventually all of the unique / significant characters will have unique over world sprites and Trainer sprites, including the players, the Professor, the Rival, Gym Leaders and other plot-significant characters.

Your hack inspires me to do a hack, I don't know why :S
    Again, I'm proud to be an inspiration! Thanks!

This hack looks really amazing! The story is pretty interesting, too. I haven't seen a lot of hacks that go for the whole ancient history thing. I have a feeling that this hack is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Best of luck!
    Thank you!

With the unbelievably generous assistance of MrDollSteak, and by extension the help / work of Jambo51, DoesntKnowHowToPlay and karatekid552, Gaia now has a plethora of new abilities!

sCF229V.png
    oFp3gjq.gif
    uhWp4kA.png

HLLn8Cl.gif
    SBryOIi.png
    FsL5iyd.gif

There are also many abilities not shown in the screenshots that we've got working, such as Prankster, Sheer Force, Overcoat, Tinted Lens, Solid Rock, Technician, and a myriad of others! Soundproof has also been updated, so it now recognises Cry Out and Gen. 4 - 6 sound moves as being block-able! Eventually, I plan to revamp Sturdy's effect, too.

Last edited:

Some Guy I Am

Second Coming
    Years
  • Nice work people on the new gen abilities,moves and mechanics, what about the graphics will this hack receive a big change on graphics like in the level of light platinum or just small tile changes here and there

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Mt. Ignis is a very tall mountain, and so the Foot is quite distanced from Frostbite Cave - the cave through that entrance are the Emerald Caverns.

Thank you!

Thanks!

I'm glad to be an inspiration! Thank you!

Thanks! Eventually all of the unique / significant characters will have unique over world sprites and Trainer sprites, including the players, the Professor, the Rival, Gym Leaders and other plot-significant characters.

Again, I'm proud to be an inspiration! Thanks!

Thank you!

With the unbelievably generous assistance of MrDollSteak, and by extension the help / work of Jambo51, DoesntKnowHowToPlay and karatekid552, Gaia now has a plethora of new abilities!

sCF229V.png
    oFp3gjq.gif
    uhWp4kA.png

HLLn8Cl.gif
    SBryOIi.png
    FsL5iyd.gif

There are also many abilities not shown in the screenshots that we've got working, such as Prankster, Sheer Force, Overcoat, Tinted Lens, Solid Rock, Technician, and a myriad of others! Soundproof has also been updated, so it now recognises Cry Out and Gen. 4 - 6 sound moves as being block-able! Eventually, I plan to revamp Sturdy's effect, too.
    Glad To Know That, And You Have Some Acquaintance Of Pro's There. Does That Mean That It'll Gonna Have A Faster Development Or Something?

Years
  • I cant wait for a download I am so excited fot this hack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!

Nice work people on the new gen abilities,moves and mechanics, what about the graphics will this hack receive a big change on graphics like in the level of light platinum or just small tile changes here and there
    The latter. While I understand that tends to be unpopular, I prefer the over world aesthetic I have going already, so I won't be changing it soon.

Glad To Know That, And You Have Some Acquaintance Of Pro's There. Does That Mean That It'll Gonna Have A Faster Development Or Something?
    Thank you. Not really, as I'm still largely doing everything by myself. MrDollSteak's work is definitely enhancing the hack a lot, and his work is amazing.

Looks like everything is coming along nicely. Great to see you've added the later generation abilities too! n_n
    Thank you!

here is an Idea, change the BST of the pokemon to balence it maybe and/or give Yamega and Tangrowth an evo
    Those Pokémon are no longer the starters, so that would be unnecessary.

Beta 1.0 is out!

Pokémon Gaia - Beta 1.0 Release

Screenshots

ji1FCJp.png
    aDhkkrX.png
    LaWdAD7.png

0ZmJP60.png
    Uy32E3K.png
    73WvHkj.png

aW8V5G0.png
    CQdeLRx.png
    Un40XR6.png

GAUUPnh.png
    yGSc3vs.png
    OssD57m.png

rqkzDqA.png
    rFDPMZ2.png
    vNkzgHO.png

Special thanks and credits

Download

• Gaia Beta 1
      Release date: 27th September, 2014
      Mirror links: dropbox | sphericalice.co
      Notes: This beta ends at the three Strength boulders in Frostbite Cave. Please read the included README.txt file for information on important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    This is probably the only Hack outside Sideshow Showcase that caught my interest so far. Will definitely try it out.

Question, have you given opposing trainers EVs/IVs/Natures? If not, do you plan on doing it in the future?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Completed the game up to the strength rocks, and man does this hack feel well made. It feels like a natural pokemon game, unlike some other hacks with extremely weird and player-centric stories. I like the new type icons. Really want this to be done soon.

Anyway, a couple of bugs to report.

If you faint in the art museum, you dont have to rebattle the trainers or pay the fee.

And this.
    SzJOyc5.png

Back