• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you charge your electronics?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    It's not until the device is flashing "charge me now i'm about to die" that I dig out the charger and plug it in. Making sure that something is fully charged in advance is not something that crosses my mind.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Usually I tend to charge any of my devices when the battery is near low. There's an exception, though, because I may charge my phone earlier when I want to bring my phone from the get-go and don't want to be interrupted with low battery when using it on the middle of the journey.

Years
  • If I'm not going to be going anywhere for a while and the battery for something I'm using is at around half-charged, I'll plug it in. For my phone, that's daily or several times a day, depending on how heavily I'm using it. For my laptop and game consoles, that's typically once every couple of weeks, since I currently don't use them all that frequently. When I do use them regularly, they get charged daily at a minimum.

Years
  • I'm really hit and miss with charging some of my things. For example, every night I'll make sure that my laptop and phone are plugged in, unless they're over 75% before I go to bed. My iPod I'm pretty bad with though, since I'll only charge it when I see that it's below 10%. I'm even worse with my 3DS, since I'll put it on the charger maybe once a month, and that's only when I notice that it's down to its last bar of health.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    oi, well the only ones i use on a daily basis are my phone, ipad mini and ipod. my phone is crap when it comes to power so i charge that and my ipod every night. i charge my ipad maybe every week?

when school is out i really don't care about my phone, maybe after 5 days i'll charge it. during the summer you really don't hear from me unless it's thru imessage or instagram.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Always charge my iPhone overnight so that i'll wake up to a charged phone. I always bring a charger cord with me and since I'm always by a computer I can easily charge it when needed.
    Laptop is kinda whenever my battery is low, so no specific time I guess.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Every night for iPhone. That very night if I played with my 3DS. Laptop only when battery falls below 50%.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • My phone gets charged every night. My 3DS goes on the charger when the battery hits red, and my laptop (when I actually use it) is always plugged into the wall.

Years
  • Since all/most of my devices have Li-ion or LiPoly batteries, I usually keep them plugged in when I can. For these batteries, it's better to top off, rather than consume an entire charge cycle.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • My stuff gets charged either when I need to use it and it's dead (and it inevitably will be dead) or when it happens to be near a charger (since I have a habit of leaving chargers plugged in when I'm not using them).

Meanwhile my mom will completely run down her laptop's battery despite there being a plugged-in charger RIGHT NEXT TO IT that she's not using and it bugs me. She's done this every day since she bought it a couple years ago and she wonders why it doesn't last long anymore.

Years
  • My phone charges whenever I sleep or needs to be charged, I usually carry my charger around with me in case I need it during the day too. I only really charge my laptop and tablet when the battery runs low, I never remember to otherwise.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I normally charge my phone when it's less than 50%, though if it can be put off till it's less than 20%, then I'll wait until I go to sleep to do it. I charge my iPod whenever it needs charging, but not overnight since I play games on it before I go to bed. I usually leave my laptop plugged in since it needs a new battery anyways, and the charge doesn't hold on it really anymore; I leave it unplugged until I get that notification or around the time I'll get said notification. I don't really use my tablet very often, so I don't charge that a whole lot unless I need to. I also have my 3DS, and I charge that whenever it needs it too.

Years
  • I'll freak if my phone starts to get too low, like if it gets below 2/3 its battery i'll want to charge it up. Well, I charge up every night, but I don't like having the battery below such except when i'm at a party or something.

My computer is charged whenever I can have it as such, though.

Back