• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
dont know if this is posted before but pls give a englis paths :p

there isnt one yet, just wait

does anyone know where to find SNIVY or SERVINE?

You have to beat the elite four and then go to the Lauren league. you can choose the Unova starters in Carmin town.

btw, anyone know where the move tutor is, i need to teach my gengar hypnosis, but hes already like lvl 50.

Deucem

Espada Cuatro
Years
Darkem : Victory Road. North of Team Steam hideout. You need waterfall. ( find Red in Dragonbreath mall after beating wesley )

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Hello, i'm french so excuse me for my bad english

I play this Hack since some days and i've finished the two ligues and i start to search the legendary pokémon but i can't find Groudon

And where can i find a Zorua?

Years
Hi I'm new to the site. But I must say that Poke Light Platinum is the best ever.

Thanks Wes.

I've seen a few post on here about trying to run the completed version on Gpsp (GBA emulator for psp)

Many think it doesn't work, I was one of those people till now. After countless hours I have finally figured out a way to get the completed version of Pokemon Light Platinum to run perfectly on Gpsp.

Requirements
Psp with working gpsp (Don't think version matters)
Beta of this game, can be found on wackahack
Completed Portuguese version of the game (English is yet to be released) can be found on Wes' page.

NOTE
If you have problems using save states then this won't work, also when I tried to play this on Gpsp the screen just went white after loading the game, if it does anything other than that I'm not sure if this will work either.

STEP 1
I'm just taking a guess by saying you know how Gpsp works.

The first thing you should do is download the Beta from wackahack, we'll call this PLPB just to make things short.

Take the file that it gives you and place it into your ROM folder of Gpsp.

STEP 2
Run Gpsp. It should pull up a list of all working roms. Select PLPB and run it. (It worked fine on mine, seen some post about the betas not working on Gpsp either. If so sorry but you do need it to be working)

Play the game till you can first move inside your room.

DON'T TRY TO GO DOWNSTAIRS!

In your room just pull up the Gpsp screen and save state to whatever number, it doesn't matter. Just remember what number it is.

Now exit the Gpsp.

STEP 3
You need to download the Completed version of the game, (A .gba file can be found on Wes' site) and before you place this file into you ROM folder you must change the name of it, if we're not allowed to do that sorry, reason being is that if you place it into the ROM folder without changing the name, for some unknown reason it will not show up in rom list while running Gpsp????

I used Pokemon - LP

Now you can throw it into the ROM folder.

STEP 4
Now you need to locate the PLPB_#.svs that you created and rename it to whatever you named the completed version.

Ex: I renamed the completed version to Pokemon - LP so I renamed my PLPB save state to Pokemon - LP_#.svs

STEP 5
Now this is where things get weird.

Run your Gpsp and locate the completed version rom.

Start it.

The screen should just go white and not do anything, mine did.

At the white screen pull up your Gpsp menu.

Now take note, towards the top of the screen you will see the name of the rom you just started. Mine was Pokemon - LP.gba

From here load the save state that you created and renamed to use for this game. It's not over yet though. I thought it would be but it's not.

If it worked, you should be in your room where you saved in the beta. But if you try to move around and go downstairs it won't let you.

FINAL STEP
You should be in your room. So from here pull up your Gpsp menu.

Remember that note I told you to take? Well now look at where the title of the rom is at. It's changed into whatever the beta was called ?????? but dont worry even though the name changed the game didn't.

But from here you will need to use the restart rom option. The game should run and work. Just pick New Game and Happy adventures!!!

Whenever you want to save you must use save state. Saving in game does work, but there's no way to get to it when loading the rom, cause the screen just goes white. Also saving to the same number you used for the beta won't mess things up, cause it saves under a different name.

NOTE
If you leave the game after saving, using save state, and want to come back to it. Do this.

1. Load Gpsp (of course)
2. Run the completed version rom. Ex: Pokemon - LP.gba was mine
3. Load the save state that you created in the beta(should be in your room)
4. Then load whatever save state you used while playing the actual game.

I have proven that this method works on my psp-Phat and my friends psp-go

You can also delete the beta rom without any problems.

THINGS NOT TESTED BUT PLANNED ON TESTING.
Since when using the save state it saves it under the beta name maybe you can load it using the beta rom????

Haven't completed the game but so far so good. EDIT:Beat all but World Championship, Found all legendaries but Kobaruon, Terakion, and Birijon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2011
I was wondering if you could get the Grass and ice eevee's? i got all accept those two and umbreon. Anybody find a way to get those 3 eevee's?

Hello, i'm french so excuse me for my bad english

I play this Hack since some days and i've finished the two ligues and i start to search the legendary pokémon but i can't find Groudon

And where can i find a Zorua?

Zoura is in emerald City in the BOTANIC LAB go through the first door then go to door on the right in the next room. in that room youll see a bunch of pots just try searching around for him in there. its a small area i hope i helped :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
First off, this game looks amazing and I'd love to play it ASAP. My problem with this is that I can only play it on my phone (on Gameboid), and like many other people when I choose "start game" it flashes several different colors and then just goes blank. There isn't any option in this emulator to change the save type and I know this problem was resolved a while ago by changing the header using a rom editor program, but the program is only for PC's and I have a mac. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced

~Bassboy 74

You would need to do one or two things to get it working on GAMEBOID...

1) download GBAheader (google for it)
2) download Ruby 1.0 rom.
3) open GBAheader & select "Copy header"
4) First source: light platinum
5) Second source: Ruby 1.0 original
6) Click copy. That's all...

If that still doesn't work,
with that modified Light Platinum, open it with VBA and change save type to 128k and save game. Voila.

You would need to do one or two things to get it working on GAMEBOID...

I got it working on my Gameboid, so I can go ahead and make you an in-game save file with a name/gender of your choice and send you a modified version of LP with the fixed header. Inbox me.

Fixed XD didn't read last part

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2011
hi I have a question, I have made the 2nd Gym Leader: I have read through this forum, ask the hinker to have the normaly rock smash, but he just says what about it, can someone please help me further

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2011
i have a problem in layren i cant win the 6th badge

First of all exscuse me because my english is not so good

I have a problem in lauren ,i cant beet soka the posion gym leader ,i saw him in the pokemon zoo in rycian city then i speak to him and then he asked me for a thing and then com a small window with "yes and no"i dont understand that other part because that game is not english .i sayd first yes but nothing happens and then i sayed no and then he used fly and fly away .I look for this problem for weeks and i cantbeet soka because no one is in the gym .
PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE .
and excuse me for my english again .
bye
Wesley fg you are the best

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2011
I think I can not get rock smash hiker from the is a bug, because I agree with everyone in seasport city and all that lies near the people have spoken, but I still do not get rock smash, can anyone help me please

i think i must start a new game :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Thanks Youngzimmo
Do you know where can i find groudon?
And Heatran?

edit: I've got a problem, i find the pokéball but it says that i needed to have an empty slot in my team (sorry for my bad english)
when i came back after changing my team i couldn't find him

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
could someone post the instructions in the frond page. i downloaded the latest version .what i need to do.i try to patch the ruby versionwith the ips but it says that the specified file doesnt exist

=i just had to rename it

this is the best hack here.i thing game fream should fire all of its employees and hire you .your hack is better than all pokemon games

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Can someone please tell me how to evolve snorunt into frosslass in this game? I've posted 3 times and still no answer

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Can someone please tell me how to evolve snorunt into frosslass in this game? I've posted 3 times and still no answer

i thing you need Dawn Stone.
weasley can i ask something. will you add more thing into this hack in the far future(except bug fixing

Years
could someone post the instructions in the frond page. i downloaded the latest version .what i need to do.i try to patch the ruby versionwith the ips but it says that the specified file doesnt exist

=i just had to rename it

this is the best hack here.i thing game fream should fire all of its employees and hire you .your hack is better than all pokemon games
Go to wesly's homepage there's "Another Link"

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
i saw somewhere that the pokemon limit is 411. what the limit refers to .in pokedex entries or in pokemon that can be found in the rom

question= are the most super developed are enough populus or they have 20 people like in vanilla

also have you thought adding walking pokemon like soulsilver

Last edited:
Years
i saw somewhere that the pokemon limit is 411. what the limit refers to .in pokedex entries or in pokemon that can be found in the rom

question= are the most super developed are enough populus or they have 20 people like in vanilla

also have you thought adding walking pokemon like soulsilver
Didin't get your first question but walking pokemon can not be added due to the fact it takes up A LOT of space rendering a lot of events unable to do

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Didin't get your first question but walking pokemon can not be added due to the fact it takes up A LOT of space rendering a lot of events unable to do

when they say that the limit is 411 what they mean

Years
Beat the game. Found all but three legendaries. Love the game. And can not wait for the English release.

Question though? Any one else think it was too short? I know it takes a lot of time and effort to put something epic like this together but it only took about two days to beat. Still not done with it yet though. I would like to catch all the Pokemon available in the game.

And another anyone know how to get the other forms of Eevee? Like Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon?

Back