• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FF&W Rules (Please read if you are new) [Updated 2-15-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Yes, Alexison, I believe that answers my question, thank you. I'll get to writing that stuff up once I've properly hammered out the nuances of this posting format.
Although, and I'm sorry to demand your attention so but I did not think of this question until recently, I can see a possible and perhaps odd scenario in which I might find it prudent to interject new material into old pieces (for example, when I'm writing the creation story and a new legendary is introduced into the Pokemon canon that I decide should show up at Point B despite having already written up to Point H).
I believe that I would be able to correct it immediately as an anachronism if I do it right, but should I edit the older posts for the sake of potential new readers or just go with an anachronistic amendment? I think I might already know the answer to that one, but it would also be good to know if I am allowed to edit older posts of that sort at all, like if I catch some minor typo that I had missed proof reading or something.

Bay

Years
Yes, Alexison, I believe that answers my question, thank you. I'll get to writing that stuff up once I've properly hammered out the nuances of this posting format.
Although, and I'm sorry to demand your attention so but I did not think of this question until recently, I can see a possible and perhaps odd scenario in which I might find it prudent to interject new material into old pieces (for example, when I'm writing the creation story and a new legendary is introduced into the Pokemon canon that I decide should show up at Point B despite having already written up to Point H).
I believe that I would be able to correct it immediately as an anachronism if I do it right, but should I edit the older posts for the sake of potential new readers or just go with an anachronistic amendment? I think I might already know the answer to that one, but it would also be good to know if I am allowed to edit older posts of that sort at all, like if I catch some minor typo that I had missed proof reading or something.

Editing earlier posts is fine. You can also always mention in an author's note that you made some changes, whether it be rewriting a scene or fixing some grammar mistakes. Many authors do that.

Years
Hey um, this might be a stupid question to ask because its somewhere in the rules but I didn't see it so I'm gonna go ahead and ask instead of doing something stupid. How do I go about posting a story and can I post original work. If so is the process any different?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
You post a story here by creating a new thread in the main Fanfiction & Writing section, putting your work's title in the title box. We have a prefix for "Other Original" work that you can use to mark your thread as original work. Because it is perfectly fine to post original work to this forum!

Bay

Years
Can you be more random, because order is boring?

Huh, what you mean by that? Perhaps give some examples as to which parts of the rules you don't agree with? I admit a lot of this can be overwhelming, but that's because unlike some of the other sections posting and reviewing fic has its own sets of criteria. For the most part I'm pretty lax with how people post their fics with some exceptions.

Mis

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
People try to make themselves smarter than how they are. Just dumb it down.

Bay

Years

To be honest, I still don't know how this got to do with the rules. You mean the writers here trying to act smarter than they are and you want the stories to be more random? If so, then that's different and nothing I can do about that. Here you post if there's something you don't understand about the rules or if there's something you think should be added/changed.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years

To be honest, I still don't know how this got to do with the rules. You mean the writers here trying to act smarter than they are and you want the stories to be more random? If so, then that's different and nothing I can do about that. Here you post if there's something you don't understand about the rules or if there's something you think should be added/changed.

Maybe they're referring to leaving more easygoing comments on fics? It occurs to me that a lot of reviews/comments on this section seem to lean more towards elaborate constructive criticism as opposed to simple "I really liked this" comments. Not that I think there's anything bad about either, mind.

Anyway, that's what I think they're trying to ask anyway. *shrug*

Bay

Years
Maybe they're referring to leaving more easygoing comments on fics? It occurs to me that a lot of reviews/comments on this section seem to lean more towards elaborate constructive criticism as opposed to simple "I really liked this" comments. Not that I think there's anything bad about either, mind.

Anyway, that's what I think they're trying to ask anyway. *shrug*

Hm, probably. They didn't mention that at first, so that's why I was confused. I'm aware there are some folks that were intimidated on commenting thinking you have to be very detailed when in fact you don't have too. Only a couple sentences of what you like/don't like works. I did bring this up in the feedback thread a while back on how to combat that.

Mis

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
Huh, what you mean by that? Perhaps give some examples as to which parts of the rules you don't agree with? I admit a lot of this can be overwhelming, but that's because unlike some of the other sections posting and reviewing fic has its own sets of criteria. For the most part I'm pretty lax with how people post their fics with some exceptions.

I think the way the rules are listed are a little on the boring side. That's my take on it.

Bay

Years
I think the way the rules are listed are a little on the boring side. That's my take on it.

Oh, well there's really nothing I can do about that honestly unless you point out which rules you feel isn't needed and other feedback in more detail. I can maybe cut out a few things, otherwise as I mentioned before the fanfic section has its own set of criteria for posting and reviewing stories.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
How do i post a fan-fiction?
There's information in the first post in this thread including various details, but basically, in the main section you click on the 'New Thread' button (found above or below the list of threads). Put your story title in the thread title, and the story in the main text, then hit 'post thread'.

If you have more specific questions about the process, ask away!

Bay

Years
Closing this as I'll be posting a new thread with the rules. The majority will be the same, but there will be some additions concerning world building threads and some minor wording changes. Any concerns and such should be posted in the new thread once it's posted in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back