• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Stasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

In Evolution
Years
  • Like on gamingw forum (like Sion/Holyflame, I'm Mod on this forum), I can only that this is one of the better fangame I have ever seen...You push me to work more and more...

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    This game looks really awesome, I don't know how to explain it. WOW. I didn't slept the whole night when I saw those screens.

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
  • Okay, so I need some feedback on a gym system... In all the pokemon games so far there has been 8 gyms that you've had to go to in order to get to the elite four...

I was thinking of doing it so that there are about 16 gyms, and for the basic pokemon championship you'll only need 8. And rather than go to them in order, I want a little bit of freedom. It wouldn't be the freedom to where you could start the game and head for any gym you want... But that it would be possible at certain places to branch off and make your way to a certain town and get a badge there and get back on the main path, or maybe skip it and come back to it later (or not).

For this to work I'd have a system where gyms would have their basic pokemon levels... But as you collected badges "time" would pass so the gyms trainers and leader's pokemon would grow in level. That way if you skipped an earlier gym for later on, when you came back to it they wouldn't have level 8 pokemon there... This would also mean that the gyms you leave for last would have stronger pokemon (although not all gyms would automatically get stronger pokemon as you get a badge, since then the last gym would be uber powerful).

I was thinking of doing like 8 basic gyms, 4 challenging gyms, and 4 "elite" gyms. The 8 basic gyms would be the ones you would pass by on your main path through the game, such as in the older games; the challenging gyms would be a bit offroad... Such as you'd have to swim across to a standalone island, or to find a special HM allowing you to jump gaps to get to a different area; and the elite gyms would be things you'd have to do multiple quests to get to special places where they would have super strong pokemon.

Then, past the championship requiring 8 badges there would be more that would require you to get more and more badges until you had all 16. That way for you to do the better championships you'd have to do a bit of exploring, puzzling solving, and questing to achieve them.

Any suggestions to add onto this would be great. =) (I don't want the player to become a gym leader or anything though. =P)

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    This idea seems to be great, I think it will be cool to make championships in any place like in Battle Dome, I think it will be pretty good.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • This looks fantastic dude.
    I have a question about the pp bar.
    How does it work?
    Do you have a pp that you share with all the moves?

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    Booda Sack said:
    This looks fantastic dude.
    How does it work?

I don't understand that thing too, I was going to ask that question.

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
  • Booda Sack said:
    This looks fantastic dude.
    How does it work?

Yeah, one thing I didn't like in the other games was there wasn't much strategy between the moves. You could always use the same moves the same amount of times and still have the other moves to fall back on. This time around they all share how much PP you have, so the more you have, the more you'll be able to attack. This will force you to use some balance between spamming strong moves, which will eat up your PP pretty fast, and keeping with the small moves, which you'll be able to get quite a bit in. And of course there will be Elixers and such to restore it, but you will won't be able to get by without using some strategy.

So just think of it more as a standard "MP" bar in a traditional RPG. I just felt it would add more depth to the battle system.

Doc

In Evolution
    Years
  • PP Bar...It's the first time i see a PP bar in a Pok?mon game, its existence is logic in an RPG, like you said, but you are one of the first to made one. Good job.

Question : have you made Website for your game ? Or maybe will you make one ?

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
  • Doc said:
    PP Bar...It's the first time i see a PP bar in a Pok?mon game, its existence is logic in an RPG, like you said, but you are one of the first to made one. Good job.

Question : have you made Website for your game ? Or maybe will you make one ?

I have:

http://tay.leafo.net

It's nothing big and it has info on a couple of my other games too... But yeah.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i think you should have tournements like in pokemon colosseum where you win rare pokemon or iteams or even have more than one way to enter the pokemon league

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
  • Oh My God...So Nice...And Your Logo Rocks!Very Creative.....Hope it turns out well....And it is made from sphere right?

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    I got that Game Maker too but I will start working with it tomorrow or maybe today in late times.
    Any new screenshots Ketay?

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
  • No update for awhile... Oops! ^_^ I got a little bit done... Some more attack animations... Etc. But not much due to last week was my first week of Driver's Ed and I had it for 2 hours everyday after school. =P

About the tournaments, I'm definitely going to have tournaments that are more like the TV show... Where you'll enter, along with a bunch of other trainers, and the trainers will mostly be random and will have random pokemon... And you'll win different stuff depending on where you place. I'll hopefully make it so that it will be hard to get 1st over and over.

I've decided that in the game you'll have two "rivals". Except I don't think I'm going to have them be random two people who will just challenge you to a fight every few gyms. =P They'll be brother and sister, and will hopefully have some part in the story. I mapped their house, and this is the second floor (they each have a room, blue for the boy, pink for the girl):

stasis_013.gif

Anyway... I still have work to do for tonight. ^_^ Just gotta map the professor's lab and I'll have the entire first town (Kobai) done! =D

I also had a problem with my cutscene sequence manager system, and I thought it was fixed, but now the problem is back, so I guess I'm going to have to spend another 10 hours trying to fix it. x_x

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
  • Yay, I got lots of work done today. Though, mostly editting some graphics and mapping and getting the town done, but it was still work! I even got a new screenshot of the Professor's lab... But to see it you'll have to go to my site (http://tay.leafo.net/) and check out the forums. ;) And while you're there you could even join and/or comment on it... You know you want to! (I have to shamelessly advertise the site somehow. =P)

Edit: Err... Double posting here isn't discouraged is it? x_x

Edit2: Oh, and here's a "different" kind of screen of the game.

(Click For Larger Version)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hope you haven't been discouraged with nobody posting. This looks like a wonderful game and it would be quite a shame to see it in the scrap heap like so many others before a demo.
    Doing it with GM? You're quite brave. But that screenshot does make it look as easy (if not easier) to use than rmxp. Please post more screenies if you can :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back