• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Like Hikari, the leaks didn't ruin my expectations of X/Y; they made me want to play the game even more.

The leaks also give me an idea on what Pokemon to expect in each section of Kalos.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I think it's always better to play the game knowing as least as possible. However, I just need to know all the Pokémon, because I always plan my team. Anyway, that doesn't ruin it for me, I just don't want to know anything about the story.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like Hikari, the leaks didn't ruin my expectations of X/Y; they made me want to play the game even more.

The leaks also give me an idea on what Pokemon to expect in each section of Kalos.

Yeah, I even admitted via the Showdown server that I want to play the games like, right now. That's a sign of how excited I am. I have fallen in love with almost all the new Kalos Pokemon we've seen so far, both through official releases and the leaks. The only one I really don't like is Diggersby, which is that leaked Bunnelby evolution. It just you know, looks ugly.

And it's funny that ever since the leaked screenshots have been appearing, it's given us ideas which parts of Kalos the Pokemon will be in.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I feel like a little kid again due to these upcoming games. I haven't been this excited for a game release in a very long time. So far all of the spoilers I've seen have just made me want to play this game even more. Why does 8 days seem like so many when this year has gone by so fast?

Years
  • I'm more eager for X/Y after these leaks have began, so in a way it's a good thing... just the temptation ;;

Yeah I have to admit some people started loving the games even more after the leaks started coming than before they were leaked. I definitely got affected by this well, now I am really happy at what we've seen so far, and given some Pokemon's stats were shown it also gave us predictions on what we could be seeing dominating the competitive metagame.

And then again, I remember my 18-year-old self was so excited for Black and White in 2011. Ended up playing it eventually upon turning 19. It was my first time following news relating to a new generation/game as well so I have fond memories of it. Also, I'm hoping the new competitive metagame will be more balanced now, even if they didn't nerf Stealth Rock like some wanted.

The Fairy-type has become a new fave type for me pretty fast, but it will still never be able to top my beloved Water-types as far as my general fangirlism goes. A lot of the Fairy-types, if in fact all of them, haven't disappointed me one bit.

Years
  • I'm more eager for X/Y after these leaks have began, so in a way it's a good thing... just the temptation ;;
    The leaks are definitely what got me excited too, as I'm just really anticipating the release. Oh well, at least there's just a little bit more than a week to go before. I can remember when I counted 40 days to go like it was just yesterday o_O

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    IGN Gave it a 9/10 but the story line is not as great as Black and Whites. I say that Black and Whites story lines where probably the best story line the game of Pokemon has ever received. It was difficult and it made sense. I liked it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I perfered Platinum and Emerald's to BW...but that's me as I found the sages to be fillers, and N being the only likable one, plus it felt rushed at the end. Hopefully XY will have a similar storyline to Pt and E.

Years
  • Does anyone know roughly how many new Pokemon there will be? (I haven't read all the posts in this thread)

And maybe some people who ordered online will get the game a day before? I know Amazon have done it before.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Does anyone know roughly how many new Pokemon there will be? (I haven't read all the posts in this thread)

And maybe some people who ordered online will get the game a day before? I know Amazon have done it before.
    Some say 70...

I hope it does...I want to play it to disprove these negative feelings I'm having of the game being disappointing :(.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can't take this wait. I want to look at leaks of the game so badly. This is hurting my soul terribly.

And seriously... only 70 new 'mons? We've seen so many so far in official form, that'd be really disappointing to me.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • I'm so ready. Been impatient. The pokemon-GL site is being re-worked for it right now, so no dream pokemon for a week or so.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    IGN Gave it a 9/10 but the story line is not as great as Black and Whites. I say that Black and Whites story lines where probably the best story line the game of Pokemon has ever received. It was difficult and it made sense. I liked it.
    It wasn't. It relied too much on cliches with N, and there was nothing engaging about it. Trying to go for a serious story in a main Pokemon game could only get you too far, especially when it wasn't cohesive. The story line just felt out of place and frankly, shoehorned in. I also hate the twist. It was so stupid.

I still stand by the fact that Colosseum has the best storyline. It was simple, but extremely effective. Storytelling by using the unsettling atmosphere and unwelcoming vibe (seeing as you play as a villain after all going to places you don't belong to), and not with cliches or tired tropes. It felt like Super Metroid (but obviously not as perfectly executed) in a sense which I really appreciate. XD was similar too but a little less distinctive, and it also told the story in a more traditional way than letting settings, imagery and atmosphere do the work.

I hope the story line goes back to the original games. Out of the main line games gen 1 probably had the best one in a similar vein to Colosseum.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Since we already know 64 Pokémons, i don't think there will be only 70 New Pokémons. Plus, many leaked pokémons are pokémons that are going to evolve once for sure, sometime twice! And we only have 2 legendaries for the moment so..

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Since we already know 64 Pokémons, i don't think there will be only 70 New Pokémons. Plus, many leaked pokémons are pokémons that are going to evolve once for sure, sometime twice! And we only have 2 legendaries for the moment so..

Is it really that many already? omg, that's ridiculous haha. Yeah, there's gotta be more than 70 then. Hoping for a bit more than 100, personally.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Guys just a theory but it's possible they (the leaker) didn't take into account Pokemon evolutions when they rounded up the numbers.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yes! This list ( http://imgur.com/qUTSULn ) is NOT up to date and have 60 new pokémons, so i really don't think there will be 70 new pokémon on the 6th gen. I hope around 100 or 110 too :)

I knew I shouldn't have ruined it for myself by checking that out but... OMG OMG OMG!!
    Spoiler:

I hope there's more ghost types than just that sword thing lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back