• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting Drunk: Your first time (18+)

Years
  • Never been drunk here.

Maybe the slightest bit of a buzz, but that's about it.
    Though if I do find something I like to drink, usually it's something that's not going to get me drunk fast (I usually prefer weaker things, I don't like the taste of most stronger stuff). I normally end up stopping way before any stage where I'd get drunk at all.

Years
  • I was like 12 (common drinking age in my area, unfortunately) and me an my friend bought one of those 3L cheap and nasty ciders and a litre of WKD.(lol)

We hung around near the shopping centre with a bunch of older goths, I got drunk pretty quickly and I remember falling down at the ASDA self check outs and generally being a bit loud and obnoxious. Went home at the right time, thought i'd got away with it until I tripped over the bin. Mum noticed straight away, got grounded haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly don't remember. Probably for the better :D

Imafroggy

King
    Years
  • I drank a little here and there at family parties before probably like a sip of beer when I was twelve, but I didn't get DRUNK DRUNK until I was fourteen. I was having problems with my first love (lmao) and we had just stopped talking so at my friends birthday party we decided to drink and i got really drunk and started crying and acted like a mess.
    I'm 21 years old now and I'm kind of over going to parties and going out to drink. It's a hassle and i'm a poor af college student. *Not to mention that I've been drinking for a 3rd of my lifetime. Scary thought.
    Make sure if you're getting drunk to have someone drive you home lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    This may have actually been the second time I had gotten drunk and not the first, but I'm still entirely sure about that time and there's no story to tell anyway for that one. It was just "I got a little drunk". But the one with the story is the one where I also had my first hangover.

Some of you have heard this one before.

When I was in college I was a geology major, and the way the major ends is that your final requirement is "Field Camp", which as you may have guessed is where you spend a summer doing actual field work. We were out in Wyoming and Montana for this, and it was 2014, I was 21 at the time. Anyway we'd often drink cuz we were cool like that (and our professor was quite fond of tequila as I understand it).

So it's the....2nd to last night of field camp and we're in this one bar in Montana, and while we're there one of the guys is like

"Hey, who wants to do a shot of whiskey with me?!"

This summer was my first time seriously drinking, I hadn't drank much alcohol over the years up until this point, so going to bars and stuff was still a novelty to me, so you get all excited about it and wanna drink as much as possible, so I'm like

Fuck yeah I'll do some shots of whsikey!

These were huge shot glasses. They were like more than twice the size of a normal shot glass. But I downed the shit anyway. It's a little later and I'm definitely quickly on my way to getting drunk, as I've also had a few mugs of beer and stuff in addition to the whiskey. And when you're drunk you can sometimes get brilliant--and by brilliant I mean fucking stupid--ideas, and in my brilliant moment I think

"Y'know I should have ANOTHER shot of whiskey....an another beer!"

So my dumb ass orders another beer and another abnormally sized shot and downs the shot quickly. Later I'm coming back from the bathroom and you can tell I am basically hammered, I can barely walk straight, and am admittedly (in retrospect anyway) not feeling 100%. I manage to get back to where I was sitting and try to finish the beer....

....but instead puke all over the goddamn floor. Convenient timing I guess since right then the bartender shouts

"Bar's closing in 5 minutes everyone"

Though I'm not sure if the bar really did close normally at that time, or the bartender was closing up because she was like "great some bitch vomited on the floor tonight fml".

So everyone gets up and leaves and a couple of my classmates carry my drunk ass outside. I don't remember what happened after this point as I blacked out, but I was later told I did not actually pass out then and even spoke some on the way back to the dorms we were staying at.

And then I woke up in the dorms with someone else's pants on (hooray for puking on yourself). You can imagine that I didn't have fun that day, experiencing my first hangover, but fortunately it's not like we had to go out and do work, that day was when we drove to Billings to get on our flights home to New Jersey. I threw up again on the way to Billings in an Arby's, and not in the bathroom, but on the floor outside of it so I'm sure I made some employee's day.

I'm pretty sure that, since this was the first time the university was doing field camp, that my professor was absolutely thrilled that the worst thing that happened was that I got too drunk instead of like someone fell off a cliff or got bit by a rattlesnake lol.

.....so there you have it. Still drink, this did not scare me away from booze lol

User19sq

Failed relationship and underaged at the time. Also quite constantly. But I can't seem to get drunk anymore; after a case of six bottles, I only feel a bit loopy, but not much else. XD;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'll get drunk with friends sometimes. It makes things more fun with friends, even though I know you can have plenty of fun without being drunk. The first time I got REALLY drunk was last year.My friend and I both had to be walked home by like four other people haha. We were pretty loud and obnoxious... our RA noticed immediately buuuut I think she had mercy on our souls.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    friday was the first time i'd been drunk. my friend's roommate was having a little kickback in her dorm and she invited me. her roommate has like 10 bottles of flavored vodka in her room so we tried grape and watermelon. we played a few rounds of flip cup and my friend made me a mixed drink (it was terrible, gatorade + grape vodka). at this point I was buzzed but my friend's boyfriend noticed i really wasn't feeling it so we had like five shots together and it definitely hit me.

overall it was a pretty good experience with some cool people.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • A couple days after my twenty-first birthday I had a drink by myself. I just ended up trying to talk to people and laughed really hard trying to play Mario Kart while tipsy.

Pretty boring I know.

I don't drink often, so my tolerance tends to stay pretty weak, so it all works out.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It was a few years back on New Year's Eve when I got reaaally drunk. I had drank alcohol before that, just not to the point where I was completely out of it. All I remember is having the worst hangover the following day lmao.

Back