• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Club Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, definitely loving the change so far as well. Most of our clubs here are entertainment-related, anyway, so it just generally makes sense. :] Hope this helps boost activity a bit, one way or another.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can I just say, now that I've actually watched Doctor Who, that the gif in the forum splash gets me every time? Love haha. Never replace dat.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I won't! Forum splash will be under construction tonight after my marketing class, so I'll be playing with it lots and will keep the gif.

& LOL Rika...I also wanted FC&G to be under entertainment & hobbies. We have a lot of TV/Movies/sports clubs that it was warrant to move up instead of staying down. Plus, it'll help with the activity too. Really loving the recent activity here lately, moddie megan is happy. ^_^

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Well, atleast FCG is where it should belong :] I mean, FCG was more fit to be in the Entertainment section considering most topics we cover here are oriented to our everyday tribulations and fandoms and not at all off topic xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • FINALLY UPDATED THE FORUM SPLASH. it's about freaking time. :) What do you guys think?

Also guys how's clubbing going? I'll be putting up an announcement later on tonight in regards to emblems. I miiight lower the requirements a bit so that way it'll be easier for clubs to be eligible to create an emblem.

Also, in club related news, would anyone be interested in a Disney fan club? Because if you do a club based on one part of disney (The Little Mermaid FC, or Disney Channel FC) then it becomes narrow, so I wanted to make a Disney FC that can cover pretty much any disney topic that doesn't need its own club. Anyone up for it?

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Ooh, loving the splash, looks really stylish!

I've been on and off with the clubbing, but I'm really trying to raise my activity around here. Ooh, I'm looking forward to the announcement.

Yes, just yes. All disney talks could be put there and it would be a pretty good central hub! i'll finally have a place to scream my love for the lion king eeeekkk

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Good job on the splash, Megan; looks more organized than before. n_n" Although, I think it would look even more nice if "~FAN CLUBS & GROUPS~" were bold and slightly bigger. This is just a suggestion, though; you don't necessarily have to do it. As for Disney fan club, you should definitely go for it. When it comes to discussing Disney movies though, could you make it a rule to use our movie fan club instead? I kinda don't want that to die, haha. Really looking forward to your emblem announcement, by the way!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Thaaanks guys. And it's already up. I'm just gonna keep the requirements the same for now since I kinda don't want to end up with a ton of emblems and then the club dies like a day later. D: I just want it to be an encouragement factor for club owners to have the opportunity to make one since there's a few out there that have reached the requirements, like the MLP FC (work in progress!), PC Fan Club, and the Wrestling FC.

Of course, Ashley! Will use a redirect to your club. :)

Salzorrah

Years
  • OMG The splash looks AMAZING! It totally looks professional now :] #wegettingsrsbsness

And +1 for the Disney Fan Club too :]

By the way, since Disney is getting their own fan club, how about one for Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • +1 on Nickelodeon too, however...for the Cartoon Network one, the only problem about that is we already have an Adventure Time FC, which covers the whole show and fandom altogether. Unless we can do a redirect to that club as I told Ashley above regarding the Disney Club & her Movie Watchers club, I don't see it as a problem at all. :P

Also, I just remembered the idea I had in my head that I was going to add in my previous announcement: How about a "Featured Club" thing, where in every two weeks I advertise a club on the splash? Would anyone like that? :)

Salzorrah

Years
  • Yeah, Nick Club sounds awesome and I'm planning to redirect ppl to the Adventure Time FC or any other CN-related FC in the CN FC :]

OH AND YES, THERE SHOULD BE A FEATURED CLUB :33

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm definitely okay with Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon club ideas; I'll be joining as soon as they get put up. :] As for featured club, yes! Though, I think it would be nice if we could vote on which club we want to see featured. Once a club had won, maybe we could restrict it from featuring until next month?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'll go ahead think about that all this weekend. Really love to put it up starting next month since it's March 8th and DANG HOW DID WE GET THERE SO FAST. But if I do decide on voting and such, I'll put up a poll a week or so in advance.

So I got both the Disney FC and the Super Mario FC lined up. Really should update the Walking Dead FC, even though I am like...two episodes behind. D:

Salzorrah

Years
  • So, I gotta keep my clubs in tip top shape :[ Guess the CN FC and Nick FC would have to wait a while :]

EDIT: AND NOW I JUST NOTICED I HAVE 5 ACTIVE CLUBS PLUS TWO... ohgod ;~;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Before I got modded, my limit was 4, because I didn't want to overwhelm myself. Now I just...watch over every club here like a Braviary. I have 4 right now, with a fifth one in progress.

In terms of limits, it's really up to you. If you want to handle 10 clubs at a time, go for it. I ain't stoppin' ya. But before you go for those 10 clubs, think about other priorities you may have, as well as the consenquences you may face. For better or for worse, it may suck up all your PC time. Learned that lesson the hard way tbh. Start with one in a slow manner and then start a 2nd one if you have room, and so on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Four clubs is definitely a lot. I have three over at Pokémon Clubs (four including the one from here), and yeah, they're pretty hard to manage. I've yet to update the member list in most of them.

I'm planning to kick-off a Megaman club at some point, but still need to work on CSS, though, which might take a while. Later, maybe I'll open one other club (not sure what it will be about as of yet), and will be done after that... hopefully. xD"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'll go ahead and update the member list in most clubs, since I did in one club. That should save some work on most of y'all. :)

However, it's still important for owners to update them tho!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think half the members of my club have disappeared and the other half changed usernames 8) ummm I'll get to that at some point.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i went through all the posts in the DW club checking on name changes and overlooked members and holy man that was a significant amount ;;

still gotta think about making the OP actually pretty lol i just revamped it to something acceptable for now

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Speaking of making OPs pretty and stuff, Rika and I were discussing about a potential event coming soon here in this section. I'd go into some details, but I gotta be up in about 6 hours. xP

That's the main problem when it comes to updating the OP...name changes. lmao.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back