< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner Discussion Nicknamed Pokemon

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Reply Post Reply

Old June 5th, 2015 (3:08 AM).
The Dragonslayer

Nature: Adamant
Sometimes I don't mind. Kind of annoying if it's a cringey name on a 'mon though, eg. I wouldn't want a MLP/generic anime/edgy name (eg. xXShadowLordXx) /overall annoying name on my main Pokémon. Kind of wish GF would let us change traded Pokémon's nicknames at max happiness, but unfortunately I don't think that'll ever happen.
Dragonslayer Ornstein

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 27th, 2015 (6:32 AM).
Silvergrass

Nature: Calm
I'm a Nuzlocker, so often I nickname everything I catch by habit, it's rare for me to not nickname a Pokemon. Whenever I get a traded Pokemon with a nickname I just change it with the Name-rater and give it a better one.
Old June 27th, 2015 (6:05 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Cakesu
I personally don't mind receiving nicknamed Pokemon so long as they do not have mean nicks.

I got a handful of Pokemon with mean nicknames from Wonder Trade (and the GTS, occasionally), and I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor virtual thing.

● FC : 0903-3474-9547 - IGN: Cakesu♪ ●
Shop | Trader Reviews | DeviantArt | Ask.fm | VM me | PM me

Old July 2nd, 2015 (10:45 PM).
Silver Tier

I'm not most creative one when it comes to giving nicknames, so the nicknamed ones are kept for self use. lol

I don't mind receiving any nicknamed ones as long as they aren't bizarre or mean.

Not quitting yet.
Mainly focusing at Trade Corner.
Trade ShopTrade Review
3DS FC | FC: 3695-0268-1834 (Anna- AS/Makoto - X)
Old July 3rd, 2015 (1:52 PM).
Evil Overlord
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
I tend to nickname my best Pokémon, and have spent hours on end before coming up with a suitable name for them. Usually, it ends up being tied with a history I've had with them, or the role I plan on them being.

One of my favorites, for example, was Royal Pain, a Latios that I still have.

One that I spent a month breeding out of scratch is Warhammer, the Azumarill.
The Tale of a Wanderer -- Reboot coming in the future

Main Game: OmegaRuby
3411-0844-2159
Old July 15th, 2015 (9:57 PM).

Nature: Brave
I get that has weird/lame/dumb nicknames usually get released right after I get it.
Old December 19th, 2015 (2:33 PM).
If you've revealed your FC and I've talked to you, I've already had you added!

Nature: Modest
Doesn't matter. I'd prefer a 6IV aggron named "ur mum XD" over a 3IV with no nickname.
Old December 22nd, 2015 (7:23 AM).

Nature: Calm
I generally tend to not like nicknamed trade pokemon and i generally don't use them, however it sure gets me down whenever i receive a pokemon with a ridicolous name, such as an Hawlucha named " Nacho Libre " and a Wailord named " U Mama "
Old January 11th, 2016 (9:39 AM).
Champion of SEN Children

Nature: Jolly
Hawlucha named " Nacho Libre "...Ooops I actually think that's a cool name, my first thought when I saw that pokemon was "Oh a Mexican Wrestler!". Sorry it's my age and sense of humor.

However that does bring me to my question and hopefully someone can answer it. because myself and Hubby play all versions of the games we get access to all the pokemons. We have spoken about buying an AR cartridge to "A" back up our games and "B" clone

Eventually we would like to be able to "give" copies of our Lengendaries and game specific pokemon to people however I wondered are these more useful "non nickmanmed" and "not touched"

Latios/Latias the red one, I used only minimally, not nicknamed and Kyogre I didn't nickname and stuck him straight in the box.

Eventually I would like to help other members when I have stuff, however I want to make the pokemon I get easier for them to work with.

Thank you for any feedback or help in advance!

Sarah
Old January 12th, 2016 (7:48 AM).

If it's a cute, creative nickname I don't mind so much. If it's stupid, then yes, I do. Also, I prefer to train pokemon on my own, especially if I want them to be a major part of my team. I know it sounds silly, but it really does feel like you've got a 'bond' when you train it, even if its traded. If I get trades with levels 70+, they're pretty much only used as trophies, or to defeat the pokemon league yet again.
Old January 13th, 2016 (5:33 PM).

I just got a lv 1 Magby named TitDuck, so yeah. it certainly made me not trade it away, but if anyone wants it, you're welcome to it :D
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
Old January 13th, 2016 (6:06 PM).

Nature: Sassy
I dislike it when I get bad ones and don't mind the japanese names much but when i get something like a pikachu named after a swear word I am a little angry. Not that I will really be using it.

Currently working on
Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple

Shiny Pokemon I have caught: Rapidash (SS), Linoone (E), Spinda (E), Bibarel (Pt), Weedle (FR)

Hall of fame post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...16&postcount=8
Old January 31st, 2016 (4:40 PM).
★ The True Star of Illusion ★

I generally tend to nickname members of my team when it comes to the metagame,
even giving them a theme to go by (most of the time it's Daedric deities from the Elder Scrolls series), but honestly?
Other than that, I wouldn't much care for it.
I'm the type of player who will keep any Pokémon in the box as long as I had no duplicates,
but I would prefer if they didn't have a nickname like "PantyShot" or that of the like.
I want a clean set to complete the PokéDex with.
Old February 16th, 2016 (4:06 PM).

I never nickname my Pokemon. It's not right to do so in my opinion.
Old February 25th, 2016 (7:27 AM).

Nature: Brave
There is only two pokemon I will nickname and that would be Gyarados (always called GOD) and Lucario (always called King) but back on pokemon firered when I caught my first Pikachu I did call it Thor also The Flash if i planned on evolving it
Old February 25th, 2016 (7:42 AM).
My Competitive Mons album: imgur.com/a/c5Erv

Nature: Timid
I have 2 Braviary with 2 nickname
"Freedom!!!"
and
"Muricaaaaa!!!"
it's kinda fun, I guess
oh, and a Steelix with nickname "Helix"
Old March 6th, 2016 (8:39 PM).
PKMN TRAINER

Nature: Naive
My favorite nickname for a Tyrogue i IV and EV trained with 3 egg moves is Zatoichi after the Blind Swordsman. I thought Jubei would be good as well(Ninja Scroll) his head kinda looks like he's wearing a straw hat... But, I ultimately settled with Zatoichi.
PKMN Trainer
Old March 8th, 2016 (3:02 PM).
norмal rυleѕ don'т apply тo мe...
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
a traded Pokemon should have the original name... that's It!
Old March 9th, 2016 (5:54 PM).
[DA]

I traded an old event Celebi that was like level 40 for a perfect IV shiny Mew. Which is really good, since I just got another Celebi from the event again. But the Mew was named Meow. Which kinda makes me cringe at times, but tbh it's not that bad. It's just if you love a Pokemon, like my Mew, it sucks to get a good one, with a horrible name.
Old March 10th, 2016 (12:01 PM).

Nature: Gentle
I recently been getting annoyed with all the Zigzagoons and Magikarp over the Wonder Trade. <_<;

So I recently and now permanently will nickname all my breeded 5 IV's pokemon regular words like Buddy or Guy or Friend. Sometimes I like to be ghetto with it and name my female pokemon like Zulaka, , Giggy Goo, and my favorite Bescuuuse Me (Hahaha Game Grumps ftw) I want people think "Why on earth did this person nickname that way?"

Well... d-bag... you traded me a god damn Zigzagoon. What's not to think about?
Old March 18th, 2016 (5:48 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrass View Post
I'm a Nuzlocker, so often I nickname everything I catch by habit, it's rare for me to not nickname a Pokemon. Whenever I get a traded Pokemon with a nickname I just change it with the Name-rater and give it a better one.
THE most important rule of a Nuzlocke haha. When Kermit the Greninja went down, I shed a tear.
Old March 20th, 2016 (5:01 PM).

Nature: Quirky
If I nickname them myself, it means I love that pokemon and would like them to have a nickname that means something to me. I've gotten so many named "Poopy" or etc. I even got one that they named the Bulbasaur Venasaur... It was quite entertaining. If it's something cute and creative i'm all for it. But if it's lame and just makes me feel ashamed to own the pokemon i'm sending it out via WT as soon as I can. I've gotten some with names that i've gone in and released the pokemon like "corrupted" and so on for like wingul, I know that it could terrify someone to get one with that type of name and that's just not what i'm about.
FC : 3496-9932-0224
IGN : Nina
Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:53 AM).

Nature: Bold
I take nicknames very seriously. To the point where I can spend minutes trying to think of a suitable one, if it's a pokemon I'm going to be using a lot. To me, if it doesn't have a nickname, I can't connect with it. So I'd rather have a lame nickname than none at all. Except if it's just for my pokedex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrass View Post
But wait, you can't just change a traded pokemon's nickname right? Right??

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:20 PM).
IsaacTwentySeven

Nature: Jolly
My opinion has changed since my last post here a few weeks ago - I now try to nickname all of the Pokemon I will use for any purpose with something clever, cool, or funny - mostly for battling and laughing with friends.
IsaacTwentySeven
3DS FC: 0447-9552-1491
Y OT: Isaac ID: 20014
OR OT: Isaac ID: 08825

Old 1 Week Ago (7:51 PM).
pixie <3

my pokemon are rarely nicknamed. I recently restarted AS and, my Blaziken named Azula, Linone named Rigby, and my Poocheyena named Poochin are the first ever pokemon i've ever nicknamed when playing any of the games. If theyre from trades, it's fine, but I hate when I choose dumb names, My torchic was originally nicknamed "Skoal" until i reached the name rater. And then, she was named Azula from A:TLA

Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links