• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • hi avara! i decided to make a new game (well, i didnt actually have a choice haha), and yay i am still amazed with ur hack ^_^ just like the first time~

so anyways, i found a glitch which freezes my game every time i go to Bora island (that is if i try to talk to the aide that i finally did what he asked me to do)
    xpqVhbY.png

IoY0Fzt.png

if u talk to him on his side, thats where the game freezes, but if u talk to him on top(on his back), he will teleport u back. :)

and also, check the images i included coz i think theyre glitch too, but not really that serious ^.^

vfef5BK.png

5rN75hs.png

Mndk6s5.png

are these legies not yet catchable in this release?xD i lost track, sorry to ask that,

and stay inspired Avara~ lookin forward to the completion of this awesome hack ^^

Years
  • Looks like I'm too late to reply, but I see its story is fantastic.
    Though, may I ask you, will it be released until the end of this year, at least? The game is so tempting.

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    I've patched the .ips file over the original FireRed Rom and have tried to run the hack with both being in the same file and no matter how many times I try or how many different ways I try, only FireRed is always ran in the emulator and not the hack.

Please help! I want to play this hack.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I've patched the .ips file over the original FireRed Rom and have tried to run the hack with both being in the same file and no matter how many times I try or how many different ways I try, only FireRed is always ran in the emulator and not the hack.

Please help! I want to play this hack.
    What program did you use to patch the game? I suggest Lunar IPS.

Did you patch it correctly?

1. Open Lunar IPS
    2. Click "Apply IPS Patch"
    3. Locate and select the .ips
    4. Locate and select the clean Fire Red ROM
    5. Open your Emulator (I suggest VBA-M)
    6. File -> Open -> *locate patched file*
    I hope this helps!

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    What program did you use to patch the game? I suggest Lunar IPS.

Did you patch it correctly?

1. Open Lunar IPS
    2. Click "Apply IPS Patch"
    3. Locate and select the .ips
    4. Locate and select the clean Fire Red ROM
    5. Open your Emulator (I suggest VBA-M)
    6. File -> Open -> *locate patched file*
    I hope this helps!

Yes, that is exactly what I've been doing and it still only opens up FireRed and not the hack.

Bliss

Years
  • Yes, that is exactly what I've been doing and it still only opens up FireRed and not the hack.

I think you meant the Titlescreen, she haven't change that one yet in Version 2, maybe in Version 3 she'll change it.
    Ah, I had forgotten about that.

Keyblade Rouge is right. The title screen is still the old Fire Red title screen. Start up a new game and see if it's patched correctly. You'll know before long.

Lol I skip title screens so quick after I've played a hack a few times, so yeah. I kinda forgot that the title screen hadn't been updated yet.

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    I think you meant the Titlescreen, she haven't change that one yet in Version 2, maybe in Version 3 she'll change it.

Sorry, I didn't know that the title screen was the same as FireRed..

I've been patching it correctly all along to now just know this aha.. that was a lot of rage I went through. Thanks for telling me.

On the other hand where is the first building that you're able to access to apply for HMs?

I wish there was a custom town map for this hack.

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Sorry, I didn't know that the title screen was the same as FireRed..

I've been patching it correctly all along to now just know this aha.. that was a lot of rage I went through. Thanks for telling me.

On another hand is exp. share available in this hack? If so, where/when?

You recieve it from I believe Tristan after you receive your proffessional license at I think it was Havabora beach. I'm not positive though. It's been a while.

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    You recieve it from I believe Tristan after you receive your proffessional license at I think it was Havabora beach. I'm not positive though. It's been a while.

I found it just before you posted your reply. You were right though some assistant gave it to me around those group of events. Thanks for your help though. I'm just trying to run around and evenly train everyone because suddenly all of the game's enemies has level 30 pokemon. The difficulty is for sure altered ;A;;

Years
  • I just tought of a feature you might want to keep in mind for V4: Replacing HM's with Key Items, such as a machete for cut so we don't need HM slaves.
    I said V4 because I don't know if it takes alot of work to do that, and you might not even want to do it.
    I would love to see it though, but it's your decision.
    :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Believe me, nobody would like to have a custom title-screen and region map in the hack more than me =P But since I'm still a new hacker I can only do the basics and it's a one-man project, so until I learn eventually I can't really do anything about it =/ titlescreen/regionmap work is hard for me

I've seen games before which use items to replace HMs and although I do really like the idea, I'd prefer it to stay the way it is with the Registry Offices. Maybe it's something I'll do for the sequel game! =)

I'm not really looking for too many ideas/suggestions for Version 3 since I think I have enough on my plate, but they're totally welcome for V4! I'm definitely open to hearing of incentives to play the Trainer/Research careers though, since judging by the poll they're the least popular Career =( Also, just for general opinion, which town/city do you guys think is the most boring/deserves something extra?

Years
  • i like all the towns so far as some of them i cant see because they are buggy in the version i have but other than that maybe for the research career make some more events for studying pokemon and for a town that could use more well they all look great but adding more detail to something could make it even better

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Also, just for general opinion, which town/city do you guys think is the most boring/deserves something extra?
    The town/school-academy thingy I guess (Sorry I forgot the name, it's the starting town). In my opinion it's the most forgettable area in the game due to you get your starter and you just leave. There is nothing there that could offer anything of use to come back too. Maybe add a research mission where you go back to the school and do some seminar lecture thing? Or maybe when you become a professional trainer or something you can get paid by going back there and people who are graduating will have to fight you in order to leave? I don't know, to be honest, but I really think there could be something there you can go back to the starting town for.

Bliss

Years
  • The town/school-academy thingy I guess (Sorry I forgot the name, it's the starting town). In my opinion it's the most forgettable area in the game due to you get your starter and you just leave. There is nothing there that could offer anything of use to come back too. Maybe add a research mission where you go back to the school and do some seminar lecture thing? Or maybe when you become a professional trainer or something you can get paid by going back there and people who are graduating will have to fight you in order to leave? I don't know, to be honest, but I really think there could be something there you can go back to the starting town for.
    I was thinking the same. That starting place is completely forgettable. I honestly can't remember the name lol.

I have to disagree with the professional trainer bit though. But I think it could be cool if you give a few trainers their first Pokemon! Maybe add them in later, so you run into them if you go to certain areas after, and they challenge you as a means of testing themselves. I think that would be a great way to add more content without increasing the workload too much, also gives great emotional incentive for returning to various locations. (not to mention I've never heard of a game that allows you to give someone a free level 5 Pokemon lol)

Just make sure that the Pokemon you give are either eggs or level 5, to make it realistic. Also, make sure that there are only certain Pokemon available for such. Wouldn't make much sense to give a bunch of new trainers Legendary Pokemon lol. "Hey, I just started my journey! Let's Battle!" *sends out Moltres* LOLWUT

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I'm stuck at Lord Grey's Mansion with the criminal career because I can't find the key to the mansion. I've already gone threw the underpass and the one police man. I went into a building and the police man moved back, blocking the path behind him so if that's where the key is, I'm definitely stuck.

BTW, great hack!

Back