• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Years
i only get pokémon like Magicarp an Bidoof in Wonder Trade :(

I recently got a magikarp named 'ugotCARPumad'. With a name like that though, I couldn't be mad (I thought it was amusing). It's still in my box though, couldn't decide if I wanted to release it or give it pokerus before sending it back to the WonderTrades.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 12, 2021
well somebody just wondertraded me a shiny Porygon 2 that promptly evolved into porygon-Z Timid nature and perfect iv's. I'm stunned. Your an awesome person, whoever you are

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
Years
The most amazing pokemon I've gotten on Wonder Trade was a Zygarde, a lvl 70 Metagross and a HM slave Blastoise :3 and I tend to put up my rejected pokemon that I hatched from breeding xD

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
Years
Funnily enough, I use Wonder Trade more so I can earn PokeMiles than to get Pokemon. That Balloon Popping game is such an easy way to get evolutionary items!

When I first started Wonder Trading, I would just trade any old Pokemon I had in my box, like Pidgeys and Weedles. Now I try to improve the Wonder Trade by giving away rarer Pokemon. Ones that are rare/hard to get in the game (Sudowoodo, Shuckle, Ekans/Arbok), Pokemon you can only get in the Friend Safari (Growlithe, Tyrogue, Togepi), or ones you can only get from older games (2-5 Gen Starters, Feebas, Buneary).

Years
Shinies I've gotten from Wonder Trade:
- Croagunk
- Aggron
- Noibat
- Goldeen
- Torchic

Legendaries I've gotten from Wonder Trade:
- Yveltal
- Articuno
- Phione

The stuff I Wonder Trade is stuff I've recently received from Wonder Trade that I don't like.

Years
The very first thing I put on wonder-trade was an extra Audino I'd caught (that was my bad.)

But every pokemon after that has been one that I've bred (and didn't want) or one that I received via wonder-trade that I didn't want.

I think I may have traded one Flabebe that I'd caught myself...and I still feel bad about it to this day.

I feel less bad about it every time I trade something good and get a Flabebe though -_-

OracleLiquid

Leader of Oracles since 01 Nov 2009
Years
In my opinion, Wonder Trade is wonderful. So new to any Pokemon game, I have recently finished the sweet story in X, and I cried.

In my first WT experience, I received two shinys, Pancham and Noivern, and 11 other Pokemon I did not have.

My friends are telling me this is very good luck, since I have not received any weedles and caterpis from WT.

Mahalo for reading.

Years
I have never recieved a shiny off of WT, and recently, it seems that less and less "great" Pokemon are being traded on it.

....Which is why I breed 5IV mons with good natures/egg moves and infect them with Pokerus. And give them a moderately good held item. And then trade them allll off~ ^^

Though, the last time I did this was when I was MM timid Vulpix with Drought and Hypnosis. I had a lot of spare Vulpix at the end, so I just gave them all fire stones and infected them with Pkrs and sent them on their merry way. I wonder how the person on the other side felt when they got one of them. XD

Current though, I've been breeding Phione soley to send on WT. :D

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
While attempting to finish off the National Dex as much as possible before ORAS is released here, I've been giving out mons through Wonder Trading recently and I've already gotten quite a few mons most likely from that DexNav thing (is that the term?), like a Teeter Dance Lotad. I hope that kid in Ibaraki prefecture in Japan is happy with his new Fennekin. Now Brawly will be a breeze.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
The very first thing I put on wonder-trade was an extra Audino I'd caught (that was my bad.)

But every pokemon after that has been one that I've bred (and didn't want) or one that I received via wonder-trade that I didn't want.

I think I may have traded one Flabebe that I'd caught myself...and I still feel bad about it to this day.

I feel less bad about it every time I trade something good and get a Flabebe though -_-

Speaking of Flabebe, one time I was going about with Wondertrade, and I got a Flabebe with POKERUS. That was like, the luckiest thing I ever got! I was so happy, I started spreading the virus around to some of my breedjects and other random stuff that I was putting up anyhow, and so~ It's been a while, but when I feel like giving out the Pokerus over WT, I usually catch/breed some Flabebes and give it the virus, just like how I got one!

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
I got a Golem (fully evolved too when he arrived) and a Ditto off of Wonder Trade. First one was cool. Second one was a 'Who the heck put this guy up?' moment.

Never gotten lucky enough to receive a shiny over WT. Maybe someday.

I like to put up some of the better Pokemon I'll find while chain shiny hunting through the DexNav.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 1, 2016
I don't think I've ever gotten anything worthwhile through wondertrade. Though I guess every so often I get breeding rejects which is kinda nice, but I usually end up getting kakuna, bedoof, caterpie, etc. I do tend to throw my breeding rejects through WT as well though.

Years
I've never gotten a shiny off WT, but I have gotten a few phione. And every now and then a high leveled pokemon. I got a level 76 Arcanine that had been raised from an egg by someone once. I also got a level 81 Togekiss, also raised all the way up from an egg and used to beat the Kalos League, it had the ribbon. I still wonder why they were traded off...

Another weird one was a level 70 typhlosion whose OT was '10 ANIV' and came all the way up from original Hoenn. An event, maybe?

But yeah, Wonder Trade is still pretty much my favourite feature since ever.

Years
Today I traded my Plusle (who was with me through all 8 gyms, and helped me beat the elite 4 and Steven) for...

A bloody Wurmple.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Wonder trade is amazing, i got like 3 competitive eevees, 1 chimchar, 1 charmander, 1 cyndaquil (all fire types xD), and, the best of all, a shiny mewtwo (today). I still can't believe it xD

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
I send out whatever. Its a fun way to spend some time, gain pokémiles and lotto numbers, get excited over what I might recieve (even if it is just a zigzagoon) but I've also sent out a shiny Kangakhan and received awesome egg moved 31 IVs pokemon. I love it its a great feature and hope they always keep it.

Back