• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Why is my ralts taking super affective damage from bug attacks ? Fairy type not working.. It also took neutral damage from poison move

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • The badges don't show up but the split itself is working. By the way, I cannot evolve my Gloom with a Sun Stone. Also, how am I supposed to win the Pika Does minigame? I follow its steps for like five minutes but it doesn't end. Is it there just to drive me nuts? {XD}

Edit. Fairy typing isn't working at all. Just hit a Kirlia super effectively with Bite. :-( After the event in Berry City, Forest Path 4 is no longer accessible. But I guess that is intended.

Yeah the badges don't show so Idk. Good that the split is implemented though haha thanks for proving so. Also, the Gloom evo bug is fixed. Apparently Karatekid's G3HS you have to have Trade (Hold Item) as the option for evo by stone ... and not Stone. His program is a little buggy so I'm not surprised at this but it's fixed now! The Pika game isn't finished, sorry. I wanted to release the game but I'll fix it as soon as I fix the fairy type.

Leafeon: Leaf-type pokemon? really?

got stuck talking to this point after the event with Matiello. happens if you go to the point right after.
    Spoiler:

you also can't use super potions. it doesn't let you.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The gate from laybrinth to tower is very glitchy and also the pika-dance, only the first move worked for me.

LOL. Yeah sorry, fixed it to Grass-type now lol.
    Fixed the stuck spot ... mattiello was hidden but not gone so I fixed it. Also the super pots are fixed and the two tile errors. Also, what do you mean by "The gate from laybrinth to tower is very glitchy"? The Pika game isn't finished, sorry. I wanted to release the game but I'll fix it as soon as I fix the fairy type.

No doubt this is one of the best hacks I've ever played! I did come across a game breaking bug.

http://prntscr.com/6akvob

As seen in that picture, I am frozen right after talking to the guard infront of me. Also, It does not force me to talk to the guard after he walks over to me, which then allows me to keep walking, but it will trigger the event again which will then force the guards to walk through trees.

Overall good work :)

That doesn't exist in the latest version of the game and if so, specify which eeveelution you chose. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

What level does Skuth evolve? To make sure its evolving isn't bugged (not evolving at all) like using Sun or Leaf Stone on Gloom.

Skuth evolves into Zombite at lvl 32. As mentioned earlier in the post, all evos with stones are now fixed.

Is there a Physical/Special Split in this hack, cause I really love dragon types.

Yes there is :]

Why is my ralts taking super affective damage from bug attacks ? Fairy type not working.. It also took neutral damage from poison move

Sorry about that. I'll get right on that. The fairy type patch I applied seems to like to break a lot T_T

The latest version of Discovery: Click me!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    LOL. Yeah sorry, fixed it to Grass-type now lol.
    Fixed the stuck spot ... mattiello was hidden but not gone so I fixed it. Also the super pots are fixed and the two tile errors. Also, what do you mean by "The gate from laybrinth to tower is very glitchy"? The Pika game isn't finished, sorry. I wanted to release the game but I'll fix it as soon as I fix the fairy type.

Have you fixed the super potions? it says no use when in battle.

the gate from laybrinth to tower made me get stuck few times and 1 time made my game restart. I managed to enter from the right side of the gate after several tries.

Great hack I really like it.

Le pug

Years
  • Have you fixed the super potions? it says no use when in battle.

the gate from laybrinth to tower made me get stuck few times and 1 time made my game restart. I managed to enter from the right side of the gate after several tries.

Great hack I really like it.

Do you mean the mountain area north of the labyrinth? I'm confused by what you mean. The gate by the second time you meet Dratini?

Edit: Just tried it and yes, you can use super potions in battle now.

Also for everyone newer patch right here: Click Me

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Do you mean the mountain area north of the labyrinth? I'm confused by what you mean. The gate by the second time you meet Dratini?

Edit: Just tried it and yes, you can use super potions in battle now.

Also for everyone newer patch right here: Click Me

yes where you meet Dratiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Oh, and I found a little error: Fletchlings have Cute Charm as their ability and Fletchinders have Compound Eyes.
    I think they're intended. Since there's no Gale Wings implemented.

About the Pika Game, I never got through it (obviously since its not finished) but for some reason the guy who starts the game now always tells me that I've finished it. Weird. Thanks for fixing the evo stones and confirming the level Skuth evolves! I'll check out Zombite.

Edit. Fairy typing is still not working. :-(

Edit2. Evolved Skuth to a Zombite. It's level dropped from 32 to 29, due to a different experience curve I guess. Also, it's Dark / Ground. Wasn't it supposed to be Ghost / Ground or did I miss something? At least the creator has thought of it as a Ghost / Ground type. A minor thing too, its party sprite is HUUUUUGE :-D not that it matters.

Edit3. For some reason, there is a Premier Ball in my Items pocket. I have an infinite number of them. If you try to sell one it does not disappear. Weird. Went back to an older version and it was a Super Potion. When you fixed to Super Potion glitch it apparently turned into an infinite Premier Ball. Haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • First off, excellent hack.

Second, after I beat the Berry City leader, I was taken back to Kowari Hall. I got the tailsman fragment but I'm stuck in the Hall. Is this a glitch?

Le pug

Years
  • First off, excellent hack.

Second, after I beat the Berry City leader, I was taken back to Kowari Hall. I got the tailsman fragment but I'm stuck in the Hall. Is this a glitch?

Thanks!

I don't see how you were taken to Korowai Hall? What do you mean. After you beat the berry city leader you don't get teleported at all. Could you explain a little bit more please.

I think they're intended. Since there's no Gale Wings implemented.

About the Pika Game, I never got through it (obviously since its not finished) but for some reason the guy who starts the game now always tells me that I've finished it. Weird. Thanks for fixing the evo stones and confirming the level Skuth evolves! I'll check out Zombite.

Edit. Fairy typing is still not working. :-(

Edit2. Evolved Skuth to a Zombite. It's level dropped from 32 to 29, due to a different experience curve I guess. Also, it's Dark / Ground. Wasn't it supposed to be Ghost / Ground or did I miss something? At least the creator has thought of it as a Ghost / Ground type. A minor thing too, its party sprite is HUUUUUGE :-D not that it matters.

Edit3. For some reason, there is a Premier Ball in my Items pocket. I have an infinite number of them. If you try to sell one it does not disappear. Weird. Went back to an older version and it was a Super Potion. When you fixed to Super Potion glitch it apparently turned into an infinite Premier Ball. Haha.

Yes I gave the Fletchings different abilities. I also added some to other pokemon. I don't have gen IV-VI abilities or moves so I have to work with what I have.
    Also the Pika game isn't finished yet, I'll announce when it is. Working on fairy type still. Good catch on the ghost ground must've messed that up somehow. Fixed! And yeah lol that's funny you have unlimited premier balls but I've been tinkering with that item so that's probably why it's all messed up for an existing save.

Edit: Also fixed the Bruce and Rex encounter for Vaporeon and Jolteon ... one of the scripts was messed up probably due to some overwritten data

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Yes I gave the Fletchings different abilities. I also added some to other pokemon. I don't have gen IV-VI abilities or moves so I have to work with what I have.
    Also the Pika game isn't finished yet, I'll announce when it is. Working on fairy type still. Good catch on the ghost ground must've messed that up somehow. Fixed! And yeah lol that's funny you have unlimited premier balls but I've been tinkering with that item so that's probably why it's all messed up for an existing save.

Edit: Also fixed the Bruce and Rex encounter for Vaporeon and Jolteon ... one of the scripts was messed up probably due to some overwritten data
    Yap I know the Pika game isn't finished but its weird the guy is saying I won. {XD} Did you also fix the experience curve thingy causing level drop when Skuth evolves? :) Love the design of it. Zombies are hard to sugimorize but that one is excellent. Creepy and jolly at the same time. And super strong!

Hope you don't mind the continuous bug reporting. Love the game and I appreciate the work you guys have done. Top notch so far.

Years
  • Thanks!
    I don't see how you were taken to Korowai Hall? What do you mean. After you beat the berry city leader you don't get teleported at all. Could you explain a little bit more please.

Here's what I mean:

Spoiler:

The supposed creature???

Spoiler:

And receiving the tailsman fragment

Spoiler:

Also that's where I'm stuck and can't get out of.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I got a question about Eevee. What if we don't pick one of the eeveelutions in the wierd spirit realm place? Can we still get the likes of Leafeon, Sylveon, and Glaceon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2019
    I'm really loving this hack rom so far :) It's unique and different. I'm in the hall maze currently and I'm a bit stuck v.v I just wanted to make sure there was a solution to this before Berry City. xD

Spoiler:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Thank you everyone for all the support so far! Especially with giving us info on bugs in the hack. We greatly appreciate all this feedback, whether small or huge, from the bottom of our hearts (sounds cheesy but we mean it!).

Now to address stuff:
    Here's what I mean:

Spoiler:

The supposed creature???

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is extremely weird considering it's the same exact script for the fragment in Berry City. and you're in Korowai Hall. Can you tell us what you did to get in this mess? I believe no one has encountered this except for you so I dunno whether you did something funky in the hack or whether something went really wrong with the hack entirely.

I'm really loving this hack rom so far :) It's unique and different. I'm in the hall maze currently and I'm a bit stuck v.v I just wanted to make sure there was a solution to this before Berry City. xD

Spoiler:
    You can obtain keys within the hall to open the locked doors, this is needed for one of the two fragments you can obtain in the hack.

Now for everyone, if you are really lost and you need help I would greatly suggest watching Fitzhogan11's playthrough of the hack (his channel here), which at a quick glance looks like it is the longest playthrough of the hack so far. I believe he may have uploaded a video on how to get through the hall so He didn't yet but it'll be coming out soon! Wait patiently because for anyone who is having trouble with Korowai Hall, that will help you!

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • Here's what I mean:

Spoiler:

The supposed creature???

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fixed!

I got a question about Eevee. What if we don't pick one of the eeveelutions in the wierd spirit realm place? Can we still get the likes of Leafeon, Sylveon, and Glaceon?

You can get evolution stones in Berry City. 2100 a pop.

Here's the latest version: Click here

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Now for everyone, if you are really lost and you need help I would greatly suggest watching Fitzhogan11's playthrough of the hack (his channel here), which at a quick glance looks like it is the longest playthrough of the hack so far. I believe he may have uploaded a video on how to get through the hall so He didn't yet but it'll be coming out soon! Wait patiently because for anyone who is having trouble with Korowai Hall, that will help you!

I will have an "official" walkthrough of Korowai Hall on Monday when I get a chance to record, thanks for the shoutout :D

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason the UPS patcher wont update the game to the latest version....

Years
  • This is extremely weird considering it's the same exact script for the fragment in Berry City. and you're in Korowai Hall. Can you tell us what you did to get in this mess? I believe no one has encountered this except for you so I dunno whether you did something funky in the hack or whether something went really wrong with the hack entirely.
    !

I used cheat codes which probably caused the game to go crazy. But Le Pug fixed it and now it's better. Thanks!!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No what I mean is shouldn't we be able to apply this patch to a game with the previous patch present? or does NUPS not work that way?

Back