• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Finished Beta 1 today, love the game and the story. Any time frame set for Beta 2 yet? Also when Beta 2 is released how would I continue from the Beta one save or would I have to start over? :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
Finished Beta 1 today, love the game and the story. Any time frame set for Beta 2 yet? Also when Beta 2 is released how would I continue from the Beta one save or would I have to start over? :/
Hey, I'm considering this hack and I have a few questions;
- Is it good? And if so,
- Where does the beta1 ends?
- How long does it take to finish the beta?

Thanks!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I saw Croagunk with Imunity of all things. It would do better with water absorb for the same reasons as parasect, or perhaps Guts. And Foongus lacking Effect Spore and instead using Stench which makes no sense in light of the fact mushrooms typically don't generate any strong or foul odor. Some other forms of fungus do but not mushrooms by my knowledge. And since effect spore can poison there's no need for Foongus' line to use Poison Point.

I noticed Ralt's trace when put to work also has a decapitalization error in it's flavor text when Trace activates in battle, cances are all trace users are similarly glitched.

I forgot to mention this before but the female gender symbol is black due to being too close to any pokemon's name section on both battle screens and in the status window. Not major but when one wants to get a female of a specific species one might overlook the gender symbol entirely as it is right now.

the custom-made pokeballs for this game don't show the appropriate sprite image. Wood balls turn into vanilla pokeballs when used in battle for example. I would think the Proto Ball could use a new look other than being a Safari Ball with a different name. Part of me thinks the odd retro-looking pokeball used by Sam in the movie Pokemn $Ever would be a cool idea as that was a pretty ancient pokeball variety, tech-wise, based on the anime's timeline. Though you would need a brilliant sprite artist to help create such a custom pokeball that would appear as it should in-game.

I updated the Croagunk line and Foongus line. I gave Foongus Water Absorb on top of Effect Spore. I'll look into fixing the female color and traced thing and work on fixing the images, thanks!

BTW is Dawn Stone unfinished? I hacked up for a dawn stone and tried to use it on Eevee for evolving to Espeon but it turns into black screen.
and also how to evolve Eevee to Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon?

Dawn stone is finished, should work too. I'll test it and let you know when I fix it. I also added to allow Leafeon evo through Leaf Stone, and temporarily Glaceon through a Sun Stone. Sylveon will be added later on but through a evolution questline event

Glad you enjoyed it. Beta 2 hasn't started yet mainly because we're still working everything out. With the LoW system and a new feature we aren't going to mention until the release of Beta 2, along with thinking up fun and interactive sidequests, puzzles, new features and awesome script events, it'll probably be about a month before we start working on the second one. It won't be ready for probably another year tbh lol. I'll do my best to make things go by quicker this time around but I'm also working on Pokemon Fat Kid and another sideshow project that is unreleased. To continue from Beta 1, you'll just warp to Argyle Cave and back through to Berry City and then the script tile will disappear and you can walk through the gate!

Hey, I'm considering this hack and I have a few questions;
- Is it good? And if so,
- Where does the beta1 ends?
- How long does it take to finish the beta?

Thanks!

Beta 1 ends after a major event occurs within Berry City, you can find out by heading north of Berry City to Mt Hyde. The beta for most people is about 3 hours but can take up to 5-6 hours for those who take it slow

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Spoiler:

Le pug

Years
Spoiler:

No they aren't supposed to change, the evos are just messed up. They have their movesets but and everything just the evos are messed up right now from what I see and they will be introduced alongside a few other fakemon in Beta 2.

Le pug

Years
Did it!
Thank for the patch

Next time you have any troubles patching, visit us on our IRC chat (instant chat) and we'll help you way quicker! Glad you got it fixed though.

What An Amazing Game. Unbelievable.

I'm glad you liked it, if you have any questions, suggestions, bug reports feel free to say 'em here or in the IRC chat here: click me

Years
So today was the first day I've played Discovery for a long time and well I just want to say that when you're greeted with this in your first 5 minutes of playing:

uk4qNzb.png

You know it's a good hack. :P

Also (because I have to include some type of improvement in all my posts :P) the "Wy...naut?" does that thing where when you try to catch it the "Trainer" blocks it.
Edit:

oooFUoj.png

The creepy old guy only looks backwards when you talk to him.

t3yaTlA.png

The trash can I'm looking at can be walked on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I try to leave Berry City by the rightmost path, it teleports me to Excultus City....

Anyway, I love it so far (other than the bug, of course!)

Le pug

Years
So today was the first day I've played Discovery for a long time and well I just want to say that when you're greeted with this in your first 5 minutes of playing:

Spoiler:

You know it's a good hack. :P

Also (because I have to include some type of improvement in all my posts :P) the "Wy...naut?" does that thing where when you try to catch it the "Trainer" blocks it.
Edit:

Spoiler:

The creepy old guy only looks backwards when you talk to him.

Spoiler:

The trash can I'm looking at can be walked on.

Haha I'm glad you liked it. The trainer thing is fixed in the latest version and I'll get to fixing the movement error and the script error, thanks!

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I try to leave Berry City by the rightmost path, it teleports me to Excultus City....

Anyway, I love it so far (other than the bug, of course!)

I'm glad you like it, the bug is actually fixed in the latest version :]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I just returned to Pokecommunity and was exploring the forums and found the 'Hack of the Month Voting' thread. So I clicked on it and checked out the three games on the voting list and this particular hack just blew my mind. The trailer was really awesome and that decision-making-system is pretty cool, reminds me of decision making from other games such as Witcher 2.

So yup, I'm just posting to show my support and tell you guys that your hack is awesome ! :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
Could someone please tell me how special evos work in this hack? I'm loving it so far but I don't wanna mess up my special evos like that Machoke I just got in the cave.
And where does the beta end please? Nvm already finished it. Still would like an answer for the first question please ^^

Last edited:
Back