• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

50-50 Challenge

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 50/50 CHALLENGE!!!
Credit for original challenge goes to Zerogami!

This Challenge is meant to vary your usual gameplay by having part your team being chosen by another member.
This way, you'll be able to use your all-time favorites, but at the same
time you'll have to get used to Pokemon you may have never used before!! (Or Pokemon people think you've never used before...)

Here is the sign-up sheet:

Name:
Version:
Pokedex: Regional OR National

My Picks:
# of Pokemon: Up to 6
Other Stipulations:

After doing this, you may pick part of your Pokemon team yourself and post it.
Now you wait until the next person fills your missing spots with Pokemon of his/her choice.

END POINT:
-Hall of Fame (except for the following)-
Red (G/S/C/HG/SS)
Steven (E)

RULES

1) Hacking/Cheating is NOT allowed, unless you can't get at least 3 of your Pokemon before
having to challenge the 3rd Gym. Also it is allowed for certain Pokémon (like Bagon or Sneasel) that require essentially beating the challenge to acquire and Pokemon that are version-specific (Murkeow in Pearl.)

2) Until you catch your first Pokemon, you may only use your Starter.

3) Legendary Pokemon are NOT allowed to be traded in they must be captured fairly and without a Master Ball!

4)
HM Slaves will be allowed in teams less than 6 and can only be used in areas the HM is required.

5) You may hack/cheat ONLY to evolve a Pokemon that need trading.
In this case, the Evolution level should not be below LV 36!!

6) You may use any external source to receive your Pokemon, like trading and the DW.

Also Ultimate Runs for this challenge will only require the first 5 Gens and will require a re-entry form for each game. (Tedious, but required.)
Hacks (Pokemon Ruby Destiny, Raptor, etc.) and spin offs (Colosseum, XD, and Stadium series) are only eligible for Single.

The list of participants will be updated weekly. Please post updates of your challenge every few badges or so.
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR TEAM SO THAT I KNOW YOU ARE PARTICIPATING!
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TRAINERS!

My Entry Form
Name: ShadeDraco
Version:
Red
Pokedex:
Regional
My Picks: Venusaur, Pidgeot
# of Pokemon: 5
NFE's/Legnedaries: N/N

~CHALLENGERS~

Spoiler:

=CHAMPIONS=

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
I wanna play for fire red

Name:DaReaper
Version:Fire Red
Pokedex: Regional
My picks: Charizard,Kabutops and Nidoking
Nfe/legend: N/Y

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
Let me explain it a bit more. First I need to know how many Pokemon you want on your team in whole (in your case 4-6) and second you need to suggest Pokemon for my team. I apologize for not explaining this fully and will add it to my first post.
As soon as that's all done, I'll add your name to the list of challengers.

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
May I accept DaReaper as my partner member? If so do I select pokemon for him to use and then tell him the two that I plan on using in leafgreen? Or do I do that with you?

At either rate:
I shall be playing for LeafGreen, I will only be using 4 Pokemon in total
My two picks for myself are Blastoise and Primape

For my partner member these are the pokemon I wish for them to use:
My picks for a 6 pkm team: Jolteon, Tentacruel, Hypno
My Picks for a 4 pkm team: Crobat, Snorlax

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
It's more of "next person" who enters thing. So we'll just assume 6 pokemon for DaReaper. So his team will be Charizard, Kabutops, Nidoking, Jolteon, Hypno and Tentacruel.
For you, I'll give you Exeggutor and Marowak.

Last edited:

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
Well actually this is what I'd prefer
Please post updates of your challenge every few badges or so.
However, if you want to, post a picture of Hall of Fame record and Pokemon with movesets and levels (and any other information you so desire).
Also if you don't mind, could you provide a team for me so that I can participate in my own challenge?

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
Oh yeah sure, Sorry still new to how things work around here.

Your Picks: Saur, Pidgeot
My picks for you: Seaking, Dugtrio, Alakazam

I was about to pick gengar but then I saw you were playing red and not fire red, I wasn't going to stick you with night shade as your only ghost type move

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
... Sorry have been inactive so yah i accept the party and stuff but havent started T.T

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Name: Harmonious Fusion
Version: HeartGold
My Picks: Meganium, Pidgeot, Ampharos
# of Pokemon: 6
NFE's/Legnedaries: Would not like either.

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
Due to an issue I've reached in my own challenge, there will be a change to rule #4:
HM Slaves will be allowed in teams less than 6 and can only be used in areas the HM is required.
Also a small entry form change that changes NFE/Lengendaries to Other Stipulations.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Slaying Moon
Version: Blaze Black 2
Pokedex: National
My Picks: Garchomp and Gardevoir
# of Pokemon: 4
Other Stipulations: No Bug-Types (I simply cannot stand to use them), No NFE/Legendary, No Male-only

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: KoboraX
Version: Blue
My Picks: Blastoise, Sandslash, Vaporeon
# of Pokemon: 6
NFE's/Legnedaries: Surprise me, but no Weedle or something useless that can barely fight or can't fight at all/None. I don't like using legendaries in challenges. It kills the challenge.

Years
I haven't played Blue so if one of these is unavailable please let me know and I ll change them.

But here you go: Marowak, Dewgong and Butterfree.

Back