• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silk2: Take Over

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback so far? What messages? like the battle commands? Those screenshots were taken after messages and battle commands were used (you know like I selected fight- then Flamewheel and took a screen of the animation- or took a screen after I selected the pokemon command for the party switching)

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Holy ****, that battle system looks great. Definitely the highlight of the game. The best one I've seen. Keep at it.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2005
    Neo-Dragon said:
    Hey everybody, I'm back, with a huge update for you all.....
    Finally is starting to shape out...
    First of all, I GOT RID OF FERALIGATR'S BUTT. lol
    I know alot of people felt un-easy about it (although its the god **** FR/LG sprite), I edited it out (as you can see in the below screen)
    thingsassisgone5zd.png

As you can tell too, I edited the battle background...

I finished the in battle party switching system!!!!
    Its so cool.
    I'll show you the screens...
    partyswitchingmidbattle14bt.png

In this screen, Quillava is the active pokemon. The player also has a Feraligatr. When you chose the "pokemon command" (out of the Fight, Bag, Pokemon, Run box) - that picture that you see on top of the battle apears showing you your pokemon. A red box will highlight you choice. Use the right and left keys to move the box onto the pokemon you want. And select the pokemon....

partyswitchingmidbattle20eq.png

Now that ferailigatr is active, go back to "pokemon" and you'll see that Quilava is in the second position spot on ur team... Unlike the official games, you can switch pokemon as many times as u like in ur turn until you know u've got the right one :)

And- just incase I forgot to mention, I've started work on Cyndaquil's coding... (as in attacks, evolutions and so forth)
    So heres just a random screen of Quilava using FlameWheel.
    quilavausingflamewheel0kl.png
    Woah...you should have let me use this one lol

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    This is looking good! Of course, this could take months, even years to complete, you know, between designing maps, scripting, coding, and what-not. Anyway, keep up the good work!!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Wowa, Its been awhile since I kept you all updated. Some people taught I had gave up on this project, but I havn't!
    Well heres a nice update for you all.

First off, I'll get the bad news out of the way and that is:
    A Major feature was canned.
    The PC's "Attack Swap" (look at previous pages to see what this feature was) feature was canned as it was too much work and I was starting to give up on the project because coding this feature was getting me down. So now pokemon learn attacks the normal way. As they level up, if they have more then 4 moves, they replace one of them with the new attack (just like in the official games)

Ok, so now the good news:

Side note:
    Totodile (and its evolutions), and Cyndaquil (and its evos) have been fully coded! Meaning, all their levels, attacks, and so on are now coded. That was a major thing for the CBS and im working on Chikorita at the moment.

The Starting Region:
    After Much taught, I've decided That Johto is going to be the starting region.
    For the most part, Johto will look the same as before, but some places will look different, or have a "updated" look.
    Heres some screenshots.
    volietcity3xz.png

volietcity27bd.png

Voliet City

route2goldenrod6kn.png

The route leading to Goldenrod

goldenrod18vv.png

goldenrod20bj.png

A revamped Goldenrod.

So thats all my Johto screenshots for now. In terms of mapping, I have up to Voliet City done (including routes)- and Goldenrod and its route.

***NEW FEATURE***
    "It All Comes Down To Choice"
    As i promised- at the start of making this, you'll be able to chose on being good or being bad. This is done by the choices you make in the game and what actions you decided to do. Ofcourse- each choice/action will have its own result......

I have big plans for this feature and lets just keep our fingers crossed that I code it right....

Here is a screenshot of what it will look like.

**PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE TEST SCREENS!**

whatsgoingtohappentolittlegirl.png

whatsgoingtohappentolittlegirl2.png

whatsgoingtohappentolittlegirl3.png

Well thats it for now.
    Please keep the comments and feedback coming. I'd love to hear from you all!

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Is there a demo out yet?It looks really good too!

MechZero

Rm2k3 Master
    Years
  • mm the battle systems looks like it's working but well the layout's of the cbs well its not that good otherwise I like it. Your cms is cool. The mart menu could be alot better,um just keep working at it.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wow this project is looking great, you're also fast at this and the battle system and animations are sweet keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2005
    Im trying to make my pokemon follow me like ur guys kindah do, but they just hop, skip and jump all around, how do you glue them behind you ^^ ?

Also, are you taking part of the game from a rom or something and putting them in your game, or are you actually doing it the hard way?

shadow909

I'm the dragon master
    Years
  • i give this a 10000000000000/10 because most of these rpg games, i download have "attack", "defend"

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Good luck with this. It's nice to see a really ambitious project here - and also nice to see how much support you're getting. So... uh... well done everyone!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Great job Neo. I'm very impressed. One thing though. You do know that it wasn't Feraligatr's buttocks, right? It was its tail and its right leg...Just thought you all would like to know that. Your version of the backsprite is far better though.

AbareMax

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks everyone for the comments so far!

I got some more screenshots/info for you all.

The first thing I'll show/talk about is the Class system.
    As you remember, in the game, you can take different actions. These actions will effect your character's look/reputation in the game.

So, in this game, you can become many different things (like breeder and so on).
    2 class's I've announced would be the "Pokemon Ranger" Class (screenshot1) and "Pokemon Trainer" class (screenshot 2)

I've also finished coding up the starter pokemon for battles! This was something that took along time, but I'm glad its out of the way....

And I've finally started coding the storyline. In screenshot3 you'll see a part from the intro, when the main hero is coming out of prision.
    Screenshot 1 (in 2 parts... to show the character)
    Taken in New Bark Town (Johto)
    rangerlook7wm.png
    rangerlook20le.png

Screenshot 2 (in 2 parts)
    Taken in Viridian City (kanto)

newlookformalecharacter0wj.png
    newlookformalecharacter29nc.png

Screenshot3

freeatlast3dn.png

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • it should be 'you're' instead of 'your'. Sorry, but I'm really picky about grammer.
    Other than that: wow. I'm looking forward to this so much

Back