• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

Years
  • To Kill A Mockingbird is kinda boring. The movie is okay, but that's because of Gregory Peck, I think. Same with The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby. Most 20th century American novels, really. Steinbeck, Kerouac, ugh, please, no.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • To Kill A Mockingbird is kinda boring. The movie is okay, but that's because of Gregory Peck, I think. Same with The Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby. Most 20th century American novels, really. Steinbeck, Kerouac, ugh, please, no.
    honestly like I totally understand why somebody would be bored to tears by all of these, especially Kerouac & The Catcher in the Rye, and it's nowhere near the Pinnacle Of Literature that most people hold them up to be, but they all have moments of brilliance (save for The Catcher in the Rye which I'm pretty sure I only like because I'm a 17 year old white boy) in my eyes and they all stay pretty engaging. Gatsby in particular is beautiful. that's just me.

also On the Road by Kerouac is one of my favorite books ever probably, and honestly, I'm not even sure why -- it's 300 pages of them driving around America. Fuckin Riveting. but I love it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    (save for The Catcher in the Rye which I'm pretty sure I only like because I'm a 17 year old white boy)

at least you're self-aware of your flaws and how salinger's lasting imprint on the world is nothing more a whiny self-absorbed melodramatic bratty american white boy

Gatsby in particular is beautiful. that's just me.

i don't like fitzgerald but i can understand why great gatsby has held up over the years
    it's not a perfect novel or one i'd choose to read again but i can understand why the writing holds enough appeal to last into this century

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    it. A lot of the humor, mostly the nerdy humor, seems very forced to me. Five minutes in I could tell the jokes were forced because they have resort to the laugh track too much.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Most art is a ticket for the rich and the pretentious to feel more rich and pretentious. Theres nothing special about most of it, they know there isnt, but it makes them feel special because others dont get it.

I dont think taste is even really a thing tho. You like what you like. As long as you like it genuinely and not for a trend then who cares if everyone else on the planet thinks it sucks and youve got shit taste?

Back