• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    > Country music is awesome
    >Breaking Bad was way overrated
    > Bob Dylan is a great singer
    > Calvin and Hobbes > Peanuts
    > Anime I mean wtf
    > Pearl Jam is awful
    > Stevie Ray Vaughn was more talented than Jimi Hendrix
    > Let It Bleed is The Rolling Stones' best album

I just saw this post... and I think it's the very antithesis of me. (Sort of)

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    -green day is a psyducking joke
    -nicki minaj is the best rapper hands down you can psyduckin fight me on this
    -hating everything doesn't make you edgy it makes you immature and childish
    -liking pop/rap music isn't a bad thing
    -frozen was animated horribly and was a horrible movie in general
    -rape jokes are never funny, ever.
    -it's okay to like metalcore or metal that is not considered "heavy".
    -doctor who is grossly overrated
    -benedict cumberbatch is a horrible actor and is not attractive at all
    -my little pony is for children, not grown men.
    -calling yourself a meninist is not a good thing
    -the lord of the rings is overrated
    -superhero movies are overrated and cliche
    -john green is an awful person and his books are trash.
    -with that being said, the fault in our stars promotes the romantization of cancer
    -american horror story is overrated
    -pewdiepie is a horrible person and is not funny.
    -capitalism is bad for you, kids.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    why does everything have to be a sexist issue

unpopular opinion (although most people probably won't have an opinion on this one at all): OK Computer is nowhere near Radiohead's best album.

Yes. Finally!

I prefer Kid A, The Bends and In Rainbows over OKC, but people don't get it. The sound layering is good, yeah, but it's more or less a combination of the albums before and after it, except done worse. It takes some of The Bends's emotional, personal sound, and then combines it with Kid A's bizarre, abstract sound and it just doesn't flow well as an album.

That being said though, everything up to No Surprises are A+ tracks, they just don't work well together like Kid A or The Bends does imo.

Unrelated:
    • Kanye West is a fucking genius, he's just very opinionated and sometimes doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut
    • experimental > traditional music any day
    • Pink Floyd is overrated, especially The Wall and DSotM. WYWH, Ummagumma and Animals were all better albums than those two
    • people who complain about BEEAN BORN IN LEH WRAHNG GENERASHUN have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
    • the romanticisation (don't care if that's not a word) of the late 30s-70s is plain stupid. No, men did not treat their women like princesses, unless you count beating them as that. Racism was still extremely common (you could buy a license to hunt Aborigines in Australia up until the early 40s, and they weren't recognised as people until the 70s), there was basically no support for homosexual people, and we had the Great Depression and a war that killed millions of people in that time, not mentioning the nuclear threat of the Cold War. If you like it just for the music, then go and fucking listen to it today, where you have vastly superior technology to do it.
    • Nicki Minaj can spit supa hot fire, she just chooses to do mediocre pop instead

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    • Besides very few bands I've found out recently... I don't actually like grunge that much :l
    • I have no idea why The Raid and The Raid: Berandal hasn't got that much recognition, they have some of the best action scenes I've witnessed from any movie released this decade. EDIT: I mean just watch this scene (massive spoiler btw) (probably) the camerawork, the brutality... you can feel every weighty swing or hurling punch, it's amazing.
    • I like Radiohead as much as the other guy but they're not that good come on
    • I just can't seem to get into 90's indie as much as I want to for some reason. Sure I like Modest Mouse, Pavement, Guided By Voices and some other bands but I don't know man. Probably because I was introduced to indie by bands from the 00's post-punk revival phase so I have more affinity towards that period of music more. I am relatively new to this discovering music thing though so I guess time will tell. Wow I rambled on this one didn't I jeez
    • Were any of these even unpopular opinions? I don't know I'm just bored

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    w/r/t Radiohead I think I've found myself thinking that their best album is Amnesiac lately, but Kid A is probably always going to hold that title -- I've just gotten a bit tired of it. and am I the only one who doesn't like The Bends that much? it's really just Normal-Ass Alternative Rock that isn't really that above-average. 'Planet Telex' is a great song, though, and there are a few other Boss Tunes on the album.

also to the dude up there calling Ummagumma one of Pink Floyd's best albums -- damn. fuckin crazy.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    • I have no idea why The Raid and The Raid: Berandal hasn't got that much recognition, they have some of the best action scenes I've witnessed from any movie released this decade.

The Raid is considered one of the best action movies of all time by people who've seen it. It simply doesn't get that much recognition because it's not an English movie.

• Homestuck is not that good.
    • MLP is not funny.
    • Tumblr is a terrible website.
    • Anime is fucking stupid 80% of the time.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    The Raid is considered one of the best action movies of all time by people who've seen it. It simply doesn't get that much recognition because it's not an English movie.
    Touche

Kid A is Radiohead's best album period, and all I remember from Ummagumma is the animal noises

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Touche

Kid A is Radiohead's best album period, and all I remember from Ummagumma is the animal noises
    honestly probably agree with you on Kid A, and Ummagumma is literally Pink Floyd attempting to be Experimental & Subversive while forgetting everything they'd done up to that point that made them good.

Years
    CS:GO is overrated and overpopular beyond Super Saiyan 3 even further. Polish young generation talks about it constantly.
    Same goes for League of Legends and twitch.tv.
    What is going on with this site and it's love for Muse so much? I know they're good, I like couple of their songs, but calm your tits PC, damn.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    my FRIEND if you're going to use such a blanket generalization, at least give us some reasons!

While a lot of shows have great plots and premises, the execution ruins it, whether it be characters yelling just for dramatic purposes, or unfunny jokes (this could be me just not getting Japanese humor, though).

I mean, I do like a bunch of shows like DBZ, One Piece and Attack on Titan, but even those shows suffered from weird ass pacing.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    While a lot of shows have great plots and premises, the execution ruins it, whether it be characters yelling just for dramatic purposes, or unfunny jokes (this could be me just not getting Japanese humor, though).

I mean, I do like a bunch of shows like DBZ, One Piece and Attack on Titan, but even those shows suffered from weird ass pacing.

Japanese humor is a lot of overexaggeration on one hand, and understatement on the other. and if you don't like a little comical exaggeration or subtle irony, you're not going to appreciate it as much, unfortunately.

Years
    Alright, here's an unpopular opinion of mine that i'm sure most people will agree is actually unpopular.
    Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Alright, here's an unpopular opinion of mine that i'm sure most people will agree is actually unpopular.
    Spoiler:

people just wanna appear deeper than they really are honestly
    like.. i'm trying to lose my mind not think about how reagan flooded the streets with crack

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    idr if this is an Unpopular Opinion or not but I wanna reiterate my earlier post in this thread where I said that I really despise sofia coppola

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    - iron man is a lame concept
    - captain america is sucks
    - hawkeye is the best avenger
    - hulk should've never made the cut for the avengers

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    I dont understand the obsession over John Greens books, I dont think they are original and are just ploys at the emotions. He seems like a cool guy, but his books are horribly overrated.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I dont understand the obsession over John Greens books, I dont think they are original and are just ploys at the emotions. He seems like a cool guy, but his books are horribly overrated.

I sort of share the sentiment, but more in a sense I don't think they're all original among themselves. Each book has a very similar core character that, while facing different issues, all speak and express their emotions in the same way. The mannerisms of one protagonist are closely aped in another, seemingly unique storyline. I still love Looking for Alaska though.

Back