• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Present of Future

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
Years
  • Pokemon: Present of Future
    Developing Program/Language: Sphere, English
    Official website: www.present-of-future.weebly.com

Introduction
    Hello, as you may have noticed, my game is called "Pokemon: Present of the Future", this is not A present, it means the present as in right now. In this game you have been mysteriously transported into the future where many things have changed, mountains have grown, lakes have dried up, and the population has increased incredibly! In the future, you find a strange artifact in what was once Professor Oak's laboratory. What is this artifact, and what does it do; does it have something to do with what brought you to the future?​

Plot
    Alas, the Kanto region, filled with the many Pokemon of the ages, and but a small piece of the Pokemon world. But strange things have been happening as of late, including the transportation of a ten year old child through time; that person is you. You have been transported into the future mere seconds after receiving your first Pokemon from Professor Oak. Many things had changed in the years you skipped over: Gary matured and is no longer a jerk, taking professor Oak's place after he retired; many Pokemon species evolved as a whole, some had changed types, some look different, and most are stronger. Gary is now also a father, his daughter being Daisy, who has taken a fancy for you since you appeared in the new Pallet town, although won't admit it and always competes with you, making her your new rival. Will you defeat her and the world to become the greatest champion the world has ever seen, or will you loose in shame?​

Features
    •6 moves instead of 4​
    •the addition of "cyborg" Pokemon​
    •These Pokemon take the place of shiny​
    •online playing
    Pokemon will level to level 200!
    and will have an extra evolution.

Characters
    -Professor Gary oak: previously Ash's rival, he is now the professor of the Kanto region after professor Oak retired​
    -Daisy: not Gary's sister who died in a car crash, but his daughter who Gary named after his late sister​
    -You: The trainer destined to be the best in the world until you were mysteriously transported into the future​

Regional information
    This game will be made region by region, meaning that you can play the Kanto region while the Jhoto region is made, ect…
    You will travel to every region in the order of their discovery to civilization: Kanto, then Jhoto, then Hoenn and the Battle Frontier, then to Fiore where you learn to be a ranger, you will then go to Shinou and resume your trade as a trainer, until you are called upon to serve again as a ranger in Almia​
    Each new region comes as a patch to the old one, allowing for the same game to be continued​

Screenshots/Maps
    Almia regional map:

Pallet Town
    pallettown.png

Viridian City

Route 1

Viridian forest

Pokemon Center

Job openings

Name: Cyborg Pokemon Creator: 4-5
    Equipment needed: simple ms paint program
    Description: to make cyborg equivelents to all the original Pokemon.

Name: Map makers: 4
    Equipment needed: sphere, map creator for sphere or RMXP if you have the map maker​
    Description: making the maps for the game​

Name: Tileset maker: 3-4
    Equipment needed: simplest for you​
    Description: to make new tilesets for the map makers.

Name: Sprite creator: 3-4
    Equipment needed: paint or if you have a better alternative.
    Description: to make sprites such as overworlds​

Name: Scripters: 1-4
    Equipment: Sphere​
    Description: To make the scripts and events that are the life blood of this game, we are in desperate need of people talented in this field​

--Note--​
    If sending in an application, PM the application to me, mini poliwag and do not post it in the thread​

Rules
    Absolutely no spamming, cussing, swearing or discrimination of any kind at all; also, no asking to become a beta tester, beta testers will be asked for when the time is right​

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Name: Pokemon: Present of Future What does that Mean, really? Is it a really nice present? Cause I sure don't like the future...
    Developing Program/Language: Sphere

Introduction
    This thread is for my fan game pokemon: present of future Oh, for a second there I thought I was about to be hurled into a whole lot of false advertisement.
    You are the main character, Once again, you really don't need to state the obvious... playing the main role that ash does in the anime, this game will be based almost solely on story of the anime hold on, this is starting to get familiar. This better not be going where i think it is. and using the main functions of the anime eg. pokemon gym limits. in this game you will be transported to the future when you find a mysterious artefact in oaks lab, and out the journey will unfold. Not sure what the last phrase of that sentence means, but there's not much here. So you find a mysterious artifact, who cares? My point is, what will compel the player to play this game other than some flimsy mystery?

Plot
    you are playing the role of main character. you are a ten year old kid Oh good lord. You're lucky I didn't just stop reading right here... and youre about to be presented with your first ever pokemon and become a pokemon trainer, destined to go on to win many pokemon leages and compititions Dude, work on the spelling and grammar a little while you're out fixing this enormous cliche. all over the world. but an unexpected twist occurs when you are teleported Why? By who? And to a slightly less important degree, how? The original setting IS the present, right? to the future by a mysterious artefact found in the downstairs of oaks lab. Okay, that explains it, but still... This isn't very original at all. in the future gary is now the new professor oak, and has matured over the years, with his massive collection of badges. And yet, with a gym limit as you said there was, wouldn't the greatest number of badges he could have be eight? Anyways, it's not important.
    his daughter daisy (named after his sister) will have to be your new rival with gary eliminated as one. [/forced_rival]the world has vastly expanded over time and pallet town is much larger than previous. Oh no... This is headin where I thought it was. also due to vast amounts of pokemon experiments, some pokemon are much more evolved than previously thought. Now you will go out into the big wide world and proceed on your journey, with many interludes about what happened in the past along the way, will you become the greatest pokemon trainer that ever lived, or will you lose in shame. By what? You never followed up on that "mysterious artifact" thing. Considering there's no conflict

Special features
    This game will include many cool features including: I await these features with bated breath...

More Moves
    In this game you will have 6 moves, instead of the general 4 in the original games This is just getting worse and worse, isn't it? Let me say what's been on my mind about this game, then: you're sore about not getting accepted into the Lost World crew, so you went and knocked off the story and probably lots of the features of the game as "revenge", or... "comp'i'tition". The Lost World is crazy enough, just elaborate on your story some and call it a day-- without CA's features.

Cyborgs
    This game will provide an alternate to shiny pokemon which will be half robotic genetic experiments that where released into the wild by scientists and have evolved more natural forms of the pokemon. This could be interesting, but then again, it's called the Steel type.
    here are some examples:
    Charizard Cyborg, this is an almost definate use.
    Blastoise Cyborg ideas, which do you think is better. Then again, it's also just a way to make the game (pointlessly) more complicated, which would lessen its chances of completion... By the way, two and three seem too metallic, but one has too little changed about it. So, I'd go with number three.
    if you have any ideas on edits to these let me know.

an online function may also be added, but only if we get the chance to!
    more features may be added later, but for now these are it Hmm... This also reminds me of some game.

Characters

Professor Gary Oak
    A prevouis rival of yours, after his long pokemon training career he settled down to be a scientist. Wouldn't Gary think it odd that you mysteriously disappeared, and then showed up randomly in the future?

Daisy
    Garys daughter, named after his sister, who died when he was 16, Why? Also, that's kind of terrible (in a sad way)... she will be your main rival.

And You
    A new trainer destined to be better than gary until your transported to the future. Destined? Or determined?

Regional info
    this game will be made in five sections, and released individuly meaning you can play the first part while we make the second etc

the first section of the game will be the journey from the beginning of the indigo league to the end of the orange league Uh-oh. I think I know where this is going. Every region, right? I at least applaud your clever plan.

second will be the johto league

third, hoenn and battle frontier

fourth, ranger in foire

fifth, sinnoh and almia Wow, it even uses the same regions as The Lost World. I figured, but still who wants to play through every region again? If I wanted to do that, I'd just pull out my regular Pokemon games. And without a story, that seems like the better option.

this will allow for you to get into the game and wait for the new part to come out, it also allows for quicker release of the game. hopefully we should be able to link the games sections as patches so you can continue the journey. Why? Why would someone want to play your game over The Lost World, when all you're offering is the same features with less actual proven work? People can't just spend 4800 gameplay hours (that's my "approximate" calculation for the time it would take to go through TLW) on Pokemon like it grows on trees. Sometimes it helps to be realistic. Then again, if I said that to everyone, we would have no progression... whatever.

Screenshots/maps

Almia region map

Shouldn't this really be in D/P style?
    Pallet town

Oh... this map reminds me of some other game. A lot. Please, stop copying TLW while you're ahead.
    Viridian city

Ugh.... This map is just plain boring. First of all, don't combine those seperate road types like that. Second of all, it's just big for the sake of being big. There's a ton of open space with no inherent purpose...
    Route 1

There's next to no grass on this map. Before you mindlessly copy TLW, let me explain to you why that is on CA's maps: they're huge. If they were filled to the brim with grass, your pokemon would get whooped after awhile due to a lack of healing centers.
    Pokemon center (proto)

Why not just use the normal PC map? This one seems a little on the small side, or at least just skinny.
    Job openings

Cyborg Pokemon Creator: 4-5
    Equipment needed: simple ms paint program
    Will be required: to make cyborg equivelents to all the original pokemon.

Map makers: 4
    Equipment needed: sphere, map creator for sphere or RMXP if you have the map picture taking program for it.
    Will be required: to make the maps for the game such as fuchsia city. if you can make tilesets for these then all the better, but if not you can get someone who does the next job to do it for you.

Tileset maker: 3-4
    Equipment: if you know how to make tilesets then you'll know what you need.
    Will be required: to make new tilesets for the map makers.

Sprite creator: 3-4
    Equipment: paint or if you have a better alternative.
    Will be required: to make sprites such as overworlds and party pokemon pics for the cyborgs and such other things

Scripters: 1-4
    Equipment: i have no idea, but for a scripter it will be self explanatory.
    Will be required: this is the most important part of the process and i will need the most skilled workers for it, to make the script for the game to get the ball rolling and make the game work, because i myself, know nothing about scripting and we need it.

So basically, a ton of positions (like TLW) all working in a lot of different fields to cover up that you need a lot of help? I'm sorry, that was a bit rude, but still, with a little learning, you could probably do most of these things for yourself.

just send in the application to me via PM. NOT IN HERE!

Rules
    Absolutly no swearing, SPAM, or asking for trials or to be a game tester, i wont ask for them.

Well, since AZ isn't here, I figured I should do it...

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • every game has lots of different things to do to it

thats every region apart from orre, which is in lost world and i only added all regions because ash goes to all the regions, and this game is based on the story of the anime.

the lost world is the best game ever y are u dissing it

y do u think its in this section

i started making this game long before i even posted this application

his feature is a different amount of moves as you go up a level up to 8
    this is just 6 all the time.

and by present i mean as in now not A present.

lots of pokemon fan games have an online feature

ive always wanted there to be a game in which depicts the anime.

i didnt make the maps, pikastorm did them for me and i thought that as well. besides anything can be changed

wats stung you.

and by the way in the anime ash is ten so shut up.
    now just go away... forever

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Woow...you seriously need to chill. Can't you just accept any critique? On the maps I have to agree with h Poke. I too think they are too much like TLW, and that making them too big makes the maps boring. h Poke wasn't puting your game down, he was just giving you comments on how you could improve your game, sooner or later more people will comment on your game, and they will also tell you what they think.

Last edited:

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • thats not just putting the game down thats seriously putting the game down. its upsetting to know

and re-read my last post

i not very good at writing storys thats all

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • thats not just putting the game down thats seriously putting the game down. its upsetting to know

You need to relax a bit. Pokemon TLW is a great game, I agree, and it's understandable if you want to make a game just like it. The people working at TLW had to come up with those ideas, so I don't think it's fair towards them if someone else is taking their work and turning into their own.
    Once again, h Poke only commented your game as any other person would do. I'm not saying that your game is bad, but your thread lacks information that will persuade us to be amazed by your game. I know it's hard at the beginning, but everyone has been through it. And personally if I were you I would take the comments constructively and improve my game to show h Poke that I could make the best game ever. Being mad at him won'[t help anyone, it makes you just waste time.

EDIT: Your last post doesn't make it easier for the reader. There is no reason to be rude. It will just turn people against you and your game, so I advise you to just take the critique constructively and make some use of it and your game.

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Thank you for explaining that, DragoChamp.

The point is, success comes to the careful. You can't just dive headlong into a project with little or no knowledge of many of the skills required to make a game.

One of the things that was important (at least for me) when I started the idea of creating Pokemon Quartz was the massive amount of planning and revising I had to do. You can't just blame a "bad" story on bad writing skills. I'm sure that if you go back, revise, and expand upon your original idea you will be able to create a much better story.

And although it's important to draw inspiration from other games, that definitely does not mean you should wage open competition against them (in other words, copy them).

Finally, you REALLY shouldn't assume anything about the release date of a game. Right now, I don't think you have any staff other than yourself (which means you should take some time to plan and learn some of the skills necessary to create a game), which means you don't want to get your hopes too high about progress. As you'll learn if you continue this game, game making requires a lot of effort, and a lot of patience. If you can't take (constructive) criticism, then you've put yourself in a very close-minded position for making a game.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • i really like how you map your caves, but the towns are a little plain...
    how about some... more trees?
    different houses?

great job though, i like how you're fairly thorough.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • thank you for the first positive comment BTW

other things though
    i do not want to make my game like his its just hard to think of new ideas when hes took a load of the good ideas

there are two people on the team at the moment me and pika storm

ill do what i like, if i want to head into a game with no proper information on how to create one if i like, im 14 for gods sake.

and i am rubbish at grammar and stuff
    i got a D in my last test.

btw in real life do you see every space filled up with something with a purpose?

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Polliwag, I agree with BillNye all the way.

If you add some more things in th open space, the maps will look terrific!
    Good luck with the game!

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    mini poliwag said:
    ill do what i like, if i want to head into a game with no proper information on how to create one if i like, im 14 for gods sake.

btw in real life do you see every space filled up with something with a purpose?
    Umm... being fourteen is no excuse considering that I'm younger than you. And you second excuse is even worse because it's just not true. In your town, does everyone have the same house? Is there just an open meadow between buildings?

Adding detail, and varying the types of objects that you use not only increases how interesting your maps are, but it also changes their character. Lilycove City is not Veilstone. Each city in pokemon has just a special little something that makes it different.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Umm... being fourteen is no excuse... And you second excuse is even worse because it's just not true.

I have to agree with this. Age has nothing to do with your game making skills. If someone that is 7 years old and starts learning how to script he would be a professional by the time he/she reaches 9. So you can't rely on age to be any influence to your game making skills.

Also we don't care what you got in english or why your grammar is not good. This is a place to discuss about the Plot and Ideas for new pokemon games that are made.

Regarding Cities, they are filled with purpose. When you see big buildings and shopping malls, you think they were put there for no purpose. Everything in real life is put there on a purpose. The trees are put there to provide air for us to breathe. Even if it wasn't put by humans it still is there on purpose.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • What i meant by that age sentence is that i dont have to do anything because im a kid, i can make a game if i like. nothing to do with my game making skills

anyway lets stop disscussing that
    do both of you live in america?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • What i meant by that age sentence is that i dont have to do anything because im a kid, i can make a game if i like. nothing to do with my game making skills

anyway lets stop disscussing that
    do both of you live in america?

I agree this fighting is not nececarry. And I live far away from you, so finding me is no use :D. Currently I'm in the Middle East but plan to move back to Europe where I'm originally from in a year.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • well then you may know that in england there are vast peacefull countrysides , and pokmon games are quite peacefull and i never siad there wasnt going to be something there thats only in the script that you cant see yet.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • ok now we can stop arguing and get on with the production of this game

if anyone wants to join the team just send me a message via PM
    the current team size is 2

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Poliwag, I'm amazed that such a young person can do such graphics and designs for the beginning of this game. In fact, I'm amazed everyday at the amount of fantastic hacks and games that are being made by children who are 18yrs and younger. That shows some true talent, however, no one is perfect. We all have flaws, and a good critic will not just sit idly by and do nothing. They will tell you their opinions and suggestions. It may sound harsh because what they tell you is something you may not have thought of or its because you are against the idea in general.

Please be open minded about this. We all have different opinions and simply wish the best for you, and that means being hard on our critism because it helps the creator grow in skills and ideas. And what's this about someone else taking a bunch of a good ideas? Imagination in limitless, so use yours. Sure, getting inspiration is all well and good when you look at a good hacker or game designer, but really, open up yours. Make that little rainbow infront of you like in Spongebob and show us what you can do.

We are all aware that this is the beginning, so of course what we say will sound a little harsh simply because it is the beginning and what you have to show is simply not enough. Don't worry though, just keep working hard and you'll be able to prove to us what you can do. Don't take our words for granted, and don't make excuses. Sure you're 14, but I was 13 when I started making my stories, and just like here, I was critisized horribly for it. My grammar was atrocious, but the thing is, I took it all to heart and have been writing for over five years now. I certainly like to think I've improved, and with the new reviews I get that tell me some interesting critism or congragulate me, I know I've gotten better. The same will be done to you. When you've put yourself into a situation like this and people are giving you mature answers, questions or critics, it is up to you to answer them with the same respect. That is not to say that if someone spams you, you spam back. You be mature about this, and you will see that you will notice something you missed.

I wish you luck! Personally, I like the large towns simply because it seems more like a town. However, I can see why people may not like it. Try adding an event in some of the houses, like trading or a TM or even a random battle. And as for the route, I like that its long, but its rather bare. Add a bit more grass, but maybe not too much as I'm sure our pokemon will most likely die before they can be healed. Perhaps you can add a lot of grass and make a healing machine right before we enter the forest?

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • if anyone wants to join please could they send an application
    we particuly need a scripter because otherwise this game will nver work

and for people who have been annoyed with the blank space
    pallet town will be filled with decorations at the end of the league

Last edited:

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • to stir some activity back into this thread, and because it seems that I need some more feedback, what specifically would make the maps that don't seem to have enough detail better? I could put fences up and give each house in pallet town a little yard, I could make the flower patches more natural looking, I could put gardens in viridian city, and make the grass thicker on route one, but I want to ask the critics. Also, what would be said if viridian forest had grown until it consumed all of route two?

Back