• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [OOC]

Years
  • I just want to let everyone know that I'm keeping up with everything on my phone.

And yes, I'm still accepting. Read through at yor leisure. I'll try to get to most everyone tomorrow before work, but no promises.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    How about societal differences?

Are we going mature or censored?
    Economical shift, those who come from richer background will be more like the rich of real life and vice versa.
    I'm also guessing people will have built more cities on Hoenn's vast ocean, thinking its wasted space. This would likely bring in immigrants explaining why so many of us have chosen to come from outside the region

Years
  • I'm aware I might reiterate some of the following.

Would it be out of line to have a character who doesn't embrace technology, a pokemon breeder, no pokeballs or anything. AND have a normal one? These will be hanging around with different people. This is mainly because I like to go and do something which not many people will do, as in the non-technological one, but I also want to play around with thse technologies. With the non tech one, I'll go the whole hog with that, no pokeballs and such.
    Damn it, I forgot what I was going to say in the rest.
    No. The only limit to # of characters is your own limit of playing them equally. Go ham. ^^

I believe so. If you wish to be part of Team Apocalypse, pm your SU to Fennik (can't remember his whole name). I recommend that since I'm not sure if we have any. You can also be like us and just be a trainer. For that you can just put your sign up in this thread.
    Hah..."Team Apocalypse"...I can see how you're probably going to view them ICly.
    And really? You can't scroll back and copy/paste? Loser >P

Remember to read the thread to see what kinda stuff we've got for this futurey one.
    It's not entirely necessary. I'll notify when the OP is updated and such.

How about societal differences?
    Well, let's hash out the Gauntlet first.
    Do we agree that it's a PC system, Pokedex, Encyclopedia, Map, and GPS? I think it should have a "Super Trainer" aspect in that you can train your Pokemon with holograms and not rely on live-action interactions to improve. It'd be an interesting aspect to be able to transmit odors and smells to act like a Sweet Scent and incite horde battles.
    The "new Technology" could be a sort of Rental System that allows you to use Pokemon you do own for a particular challenge or obstacle. So it would expand the PC and PokeBank capabilities.

But some ideas for Societal Norms:
    - Trainers are generally encouraged to catch many different species of Pokemon, even training them through evolutions, but then release them on a regular basis. This is a bit far-fetched, I know.
    - Gym Leaders take challenges from everyone, regardless on the number of badges they have acquired. They have teams relative to the number of badges and award them accordingly. This is in spite of the time between badges being acquired (so say 5 years between obtaining a 2nd and 3rd badge), they would still use their "3rd Badge" Pokemon.

Or were you wondering more about food/cuisine, mannerisms, activities, etc.?

(This goes for everyone)
    Also, are you against the idea that Master Balls (or mechanisms that enhance catching rates) being awarded regularly to elite trainers?
    Is it better to have self-cleaning clothes or clothes that repel water and dirt/stains. Should they come in a variety of simple styles (e.g. vest, t-shirt, long-sleeve, short, capri, pant, sneaker, boot)?
    Hover boards/boots/cars/trains and planes with limited/no toxic emissions.

Are we going mature or censored?
    Economical shift, those who come from richer background will be more like the rich of real life and vice versa.
    I'm also guessing people will have built more cities on Hoenn's vast ocean, thinking its wasted space. This would likely bring in immigrants explaining why so many of us have chosen to come from outside the region
    This
    I think that might not fit in with the whole "Tech with nature" And I believe this is T rated.
    But as Aqua stated, there should be a general balance between Tech and Nature. As advancements occur, things become smaller. Perhaps single or few-roomed houses/buildings that can change their layout depending on an electronic command (perhaps programmed into gauntlets).

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • By the way, any hover technology that goes on the ground would be a bad idea, hover cars - when they break down you cant push it. And hover boards are a bit... mundane to have ultra new tech on.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I said Team Apocalypse instead of Team Zodiac. I was looking at a different roleplay with a Team Apocalypse right before I posted that.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Well, let's hash out the Gauntlet first.
    Do we agree that it's a PC system, Pokedex, Encyclopedia, Map, and GPS? I think it should have a "Super Trainer" aspect in that you can train your Pokemon with holograms and not rely on live-action interactions to improve. It'd be an interesting aspect to be able to transmit odors and smells to act like a Sweet Scent and incite horde battles.
    The "new Technology" could be a sort of Rental System that allows you to use Pokemon you do own for a particular challenge or obstacle. So it would expand the PC and PokeBank capabilities.

I love the whole super trainer idea, but we do need to limit what we give the trainers. The whole sweet scent emission thing is perfect, it's the kind of thing that is a plus, but doesn't make anything else redundant. (Hover tech has got to be a no-no, it makes traveling far too easy.)[/QUOTE]

Years
  • Maybe certain Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion give new technologies as a reward.
    Nah...but I understand where you're coming from. Perhaps make some of the more advanced applications more expensive to purchase.
    Also, I was wondering how money worked. Before a battle, is a bid placed for the winner to take? Perhaps there is no real currency and it is all digital and recorded on the gauntlet.
    I say "perhaps" too much. -_-

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Maybe certain Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion give new technologies as a reward.
    Nah...but I understand where you're coming from. Perhaps make some of the more advanced applications more expensive to purchase.
    Also, I was wondering how money worked. Before a battle, is a bid placed for the winner to take? Perhaps there is no real currency and it is all digital and recorded on the gauntlet.
    I say "perhaps" too much. -_-

I like the money idea, but perhaps that should be an alternate currency rather than the only one - Just for trainers perhaps. It could allow them to buy Poke'balls, potions etc

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I like the money idea, but perhaps that should be an alternate currency rather than the only one - Just for trainers perhaps. It could allow them to buy Poke'balls, potions etc

I agree, although there seems to be somekind of thing like stations and stuff. Perhaps you could have like bank accounts associated with your gauntlet/pokedex.

I mensioned this idea before. but the thing is I wish to point out that more currencies means conversion rates. Secondly please think of a more creative name than "Pokedollars"

Also have we hammered out on how we handle clothing enhancements, right now I see no difference in self dry and never wet/dirty. Clothes already dry off in the real world.
    Never wet/dirty clothes would be more sci-fi.
    Also I know it's not very... normal topic but I've always wondered what they do to sleep if they're not in towns, how about toilets? and washing clothes and stuff, and showers. I know I must sound boring, but I think if we look at this, we can look at more things to add.

Years
  • I mensioned this idea before. but the thing is I wish to point out that more currencies means conversion rates. Secondly please think of a more creative name than "Pokedollars"

Also have we hammered out on how we handle clothing enhancements, right now I see no difference in self dry and never wet/dirty. Clothes already dry off in the real world.
    Also I know it's not very... normal topic but I've always wondered what they do to sleep if they're not in towns, how about toilets? and washing clothes and stuff, and showers. I know I must sound boring, but I think if we look at this, we can look at more things to add.
    Good points. :)

I've been referring to their currency as "Credits" in my head for filler. Just going through a thesaurus, perhaps a Score or Value for trainers (which would tie into the Societal Norms). Tokens, Salutes, Boons, Value, Clout, Leafs, Shells, Vericores (made-up term). Just throwing stuff around.
    As for conversions, they would hardly come into play but we could just make it up to the RPer and them having more than enough or not enough currency for a specific transaction. Otherwise, we'd just need something that applies to everyone.

Yeah, we'll have never-wet/dirty clothing that can automatically adjust to body temperature/personal style.

I was actually thinking about this. I was thinking the Gauntlet could create a kind of tent but also make it camouflage/invisible in order to protect against predators. Maybe the PokeStations could also be bathing booths. The Gauntlet or the clothes could also clean the body in some way. The Gauntlet could go over the body with a digital scan that removes dirt and bodily fluids, perhaps evaporating them (solving the urination/defecation issue) or the clothes could wick away bodily fluids and dirt from the body itself as well as itself.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I was actually thinking about this. I was thinking the Gauntlet could create a kind of tent but also make it camouflage/invisible in order to protect against predators. Maybe the PokeStations could also be bathing booths. The Gauntlet or the clothes could also clean the body in some way. The Gauntlet could go over the body with a digital scan that removes dirt and bodily fluids, perhaps evaporating them (solving the urination/defecation issue) or the clothes could wick away bodily fluids and dirt from the body itself as well as itself.

The Gauntlet removing bodily fluids and removing the need to go to the bathroom seems a bit extreme to me...perhaps there's some sort of liquid that cleanses the bodily fluids and turns the waste fluid into useful fluids. Everything else about the money seems pretty solid though.

I mensioned this idea before. but the thing is I wish to point out that more currencies means conversion rates. Secondly please think of a more creative name than "Pokedollars"

When I said self drying clothes and self cleaning clothes I was thinking more instantaneous or takes a few seconds, as apposed to having to leave them out to dry

Years
  • Third Post!

I also wanted to talk about the possibility of adding a type to some Pokemon (Breloom is Grass/Fighting/Poison, Whimsicott is Grass/Fairy/Flying, Bannett is Dark/Ghost, etc.)
    Additionally, the idea of combining moves. This would not add the moves together (Fire Spin and Fire Blast not becoming a 165 power attack), but rather merging them and their effects (Fire Spin and Fire Blast doing a median amount of damage and lasting for a period of time). This would take up much more stamina (PP) of the Pokemon and usually take more time for the Pokemon to perform.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • No offense but with that your suggesting that they just urinate while doing going about their buisness, and their clothes get rid of everything ,remember normal people wont have gauntlets, and if this is the genuine idea (which I am fine with by the way) it would have to be a social norm and everyone would do this. I think we could leave the washing self to normal tech, there is enough pools and lakes in there, same with the tent idea, don't link everything with the gauntlet, you could have a little box, (think two 2DS thick and those dimensions and it expands and creates a tent.

Something I keep on forgetting to mention, is this tech "Alien" to the trainers? or is it normal? I think that Gyms must give you some money which allows you to get higher technology.

An origin of a gaunlet Idea came from an old old rp. I can't even find it but it was a one where everyone was in a Virtual reality stuff, not that I want this to be in VR stuff but I want to tell you of the origin.

Back