• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Theoretically, you could have 6 moves, if you adapted the graphics. However, you'd also have to change a lot of scripts, which would make updating a nightmare.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • oh i see what u did wrong here

this

EnumOption.new(_INTL("FONT STYLE"),[_INTL("FRLG")]),

should be

EnumOption2.new(_INTL("FONT STYLE"),[_INTL("FRLG")]),

there?

Still no luck :( . I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, lol.

EDIT: Oh non! C'est catastrohpe! I'm having some serious problems with the BGM tracks. When I connect two maps, the music screws up when I go through the connection and the BGM changes. Sometimes the MIDIS only partly play (i.e only 1 instrument) or don't play at all. It's very frustrating!

Last edited:

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    let me recheck mrchewy

bout 10 min

oh sry the error was on my side in pokemonmap should be

@font=0

instead of

@font=2

if this doesnt work im lost sry

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Yes. In metadata.txt, you have to change the map id's data so that it is not outdoors, I think.

In other news, I want to edit the font specifications, but do not know how to do so. Please could you point this out to me?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The problem is actually with Encounters.txt - to fix it, delete everything in the file.
    Edit Metadata.txt from scratch as well, using notes.html to help you. This will get rid of other bugs, like day/night tinting on indoor maps.

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
    Years
  • guys I need help, how do I do that trainers(im battling) have a shiny pokemon? and how do I do that it will be a shiny in the field(land,water and cave)?

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
    Years
  • The problem is actually with Encounters.txt - to fix it, delete everything in the file.
    Edit Metadata.txt from scratch as well, using notes.html to help you. This will get rid of other bugs, like day/night tinting on indoor maps.

Thanks, that worked and helped.

As for your question Henry, I was wondering the same thing.

Windsong

—the dream is dead
    Years
  • Can i make with this starterkit an perfekt and completly pokemon game?
    And, how can i translate everything from the starterkit in german?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    sascha, in the debug menu, choose the option "Extract Text". The game will tell you what to do from there.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    It was a mistake on my part. The note should have read:

Code:
    pbRegisterPartner([b]PBTrainers::[/b]PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

just out of curiosity, i'm still getting an error when i post this, anyone wanna help me?

Atomic Reactor

how would i make it so that in an event one thing happens on monday, then a different outcome on a different day? i cant figure it out.i kno it would need a switch, i just dont kno what it would be named.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • I got this eror but it didn't show or make a errorlog for it but i can't testplay my game:

Script 'PokmonBag' line 812: NoMethodError occurred
    undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

*Edit*
    I found the probloem on my own, nevermind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    i have made the scene of Pokéballs(recovering pokémons) in pokémon center.
    I think it could be placed on the Pokémon Essentials.
    It was quite cool.
    If anyone is interested I put here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    May I ask which script controls the very beginning of the game? As in the copyright screen and title screen. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    A new version is now available, but it's just a maintenance release, no features were added. Code was changed and scripts added to make Pokemon Essentials compatible with RGSS 2, and moved trainer, item, and species constants to a separate data file, to prevent problems that can occur when a project is saved. Also, the Audio DLL was modified to help fix a bug in playback.

For detailed changes, see this diff

file

Please send me private messages with any problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back