• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
  • @Wichu: No I make comments like this:

Code:
    #-------------------
    BIRDKEEPER
    ROD
    PIDGEY,7
    PIDGEY,7
    #-------------------
    LEADER
    FALKNER
    PIDGEY,7,10,SITRUSBERRY,TACKLE,SAND-ATTACK,AERIALACE,GUST
    PIDGEOTTO,9,10,SITRUSBERRY,TACKLE,SAND-ATTACK,AERIALACE,GUST
    #-------------------
    SAGE
    NICO
    BELLSPROUT,3
    BELLSPROUT,3
    BELLSPROUT,3
    #-------------------

On both .txts and the really weird part is that it compiles just fine. I dont get the error untill the battle starts. And the only time it happens is when I try to make custom moves, all the other trainers work perfectly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    NeoStar:

For lines 31 through 33 of the script section PokemonTrainers, make sure those lines read like the following:

Code:
         for k in 0...4
          pokemon.moves[k]=PBMove.new(poke[4+k])
         end

This was fixed in the February 3 release.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2008
    at first when i tried using your starter kit there was a conflict between softwares, but i fixed that with opening up in notepad and doing what you told houndoomed.
    but after i did that and tried opening up the game it says "could not read hero data"
    how do i fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Houndoomed: Try this script; it's simple Ruby telling the engine to repeat the action three times:
    Code:
    Conditional Branch:  Script:  3.times do { $PokemonBag.pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::CELEBI, ::PBSpecies::Pokémon, ::PBSpecies::Pokémon) } end
      -- The Pokemon Celebi is in the party
      -- The Pokémon _____ is in the party
      -- The Pokémon _____ is in the party
    Else
      -- The Pokemon Celebi is not in the party
      -- The Pokémon _____ is not in the party
      -- The Pokémon _____ is not in the party
    Branch End
    Somebody will need to clarify this for me, but I believe that's how you would do it.

mechanicalblood: The game will encounter some errors when put through RPG Tsukkuru. I suggest upgrading to the proper version of RMXP, which you can buy from Enterbrain.

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
    Years
  • NeoStar:

For lines 31 through 33 of the script section PokemonTrainers, make sure those lines read like the following:

Code:
         for k in 0...4
          pokemon.moves[k]=PBMove.new(poke[4+k])
         end
    This was fixed in the February 3 release.

That worked thanks I never updated my version to the februrary 3rd one. Its updated now thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Houndoomed:

It came to my attention that the documentation is a little wrong there. For your case, however, the Conditional Branch should look like:
    Code:
    pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::X) && pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::Y) && pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::Z)
    where X, Y, and Z are three Pokemon species.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I have a problem with new moves:
    problem1gb5.png
    problem2ll0.png

Ability should be Steadfast, moves should be Swords Dance, Aura Sphere, Close Combat and Dragon Pulse.
    As you can see, the name and description for custom moves and abilities (and presumably items) doesn't show up. The move power and accuracy are there, and work in battle, but the names just don't show up.
    This happens with all the new moves I added (the DP moves).

EDIT: I think I know how to fix it. It's probably because I didn't update Intl.txt. I'm just going to stop using Intl.txt for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Houndoomed:

It came to my attention that the documentation is a little wrong there. For your case, however, the Conditional Branch should look like:
    Code:
    pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::X) && pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::Y) && pbHasSpecies?(PBSpecies::Z)
    where X, Y, and Z are three Pokemon species.

Thanks poccil. I'm just trying to figure out how to make the Professor give you a starter Pokemon.

So X, Y and Z are the starter Pokemon. But this script is only if you have all three Pokemon. Is there a way to change it so it sees if you have just one of the three Pokemon?

Or is there a better way to get the Professor to give you a Pokemon? Sorry, I'm still a kind of beginner at this..

Last edited:

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    there's some way to compile a game with this engine using Molebox Pro? 'cause it gives "Failed to Load Script" Error and others :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    I have some questions:

1-How do I add new attacks?

2-I wonder if you can do this:
    When the switch 98 enabled you change the hero and all its items and pokémons disappear.
    And when the switch 99 is enabled you once again the same character of the beginning of the game.
    It is possible?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I have some questions:

1-How do I add new attacks?

2-I wonder if you can do this:
    When the switch 98 enabled you change the hero and all its items and pokémons disappear.
    And when the switch 99 is enabled you once again the same character of the beginning of the game.
    It is possible?

I believe Poccil answered question 1 in response to one of my questions several pages back. Just do a quick search of the thread.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Does anyone know a way to set default values for options? For example: I want to set the default values for Font Style and Message Box to FRLG for both AND make it so users can't change them from FRLG. I tried editing some things in PokemonOption, but it didn't work.

Atomic Reactor

is there a way i could change the maximum amount of learnable moves from 4 to 6?

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    i got u mrchewy
    wait bout 5 min and let me make sure it works

k here

open pokemonmap

and replace line 249-277

with

class PokemonSystem
    attr_accessor :textspeed
    attr_accessor :battlestyle
    attr_accessor :frame
    attr_accessor :font
    attr_accessor :screensize
    attr_accessor :battlescene
    attr_accessor :tilemap
    attr_accessor :textskin
    def textskin
    return (!@textskin) ? 0 : @textskin
    end
    def initialize
    @frame=0
    @battlestyle=0
    @battlescene=0
    @textspeed=2
    @screensize=1
    @font=2
    @tilemap=1
    @textskin=0
    end
    end

this would change the font

go to pokemonoption

go to line 229-236

replace it with this

EnumOption.new(_INTL("TEXT SPEED"),[_INTL("SLOW"),_INTL("MID"),_INTL("FAST")]),
    EnumOption.new(_INTL("BATTLE SCENE"),[_INTL("ON"),_INTL("OFF")]),
    EnumOption.new(_INTL("BATTLE STYLE"),[_INTL("SHIFT"),_INTL("SET")]),
    EnumOption2.new(_INTL("FONT STYLE"),[_INTL("FRLG")]),
    NumberOption.new(_INTL("FRAME"),_INTL("TYPE%d"),1,28),
    EnumOption2.new(_INTL("SCREEN SIZE"),[_INTL("240x160"),_INTL("480x320"),_INTL("320x240"),_INTL("640x480")]),
    EnumOption2.new(_INTL("MAP VIEW"),[_INTL("ORIGINAL"),_INTL("CUSTOM"),_INTL("PERSPECTIVE")]),
    EnumOption2.new(_INTL("SPEECH FRAME"),[_INTL("DEFAULT"),_INTL("R/S"),_INTL("FIRE/LEAF"),_INTL("EMERALD")])

hope it works

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • is there a way i could change the maximum amount of learnable moves from 4 to 6?

It's not possible. All the graphics in the kit are presuming that Pokémon have a maximum of 4 moves. Even if you manage to increase that maximum, most of the graphics will screw up.

i got u mrchewy
    wait bout 5 min and let me make sure it works

Tried it, doesn't work.

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    oh i see what u did wrong here

this

EnumOption.new(_INTL("FONT STYLE"),[_INTL("FRLG")]),

should be

EnumOption2.new(_INTL("FONT STYLE"),[_INTL("FRLG")]),