• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leader World Tournament

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
Years
  • I'll join, IN.

I will take Tate & Liza seeing as I am the best Hoenn player eva! :d

Quick Question: Might sound stupid but we can use any items we want on the pokemon and not ones they use ingame?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Awesome, that's 16 participants! Hopefully we get 24 or 32 so this tournament is all the more fun. n.n; Spread the word; there's plenty of Leaders to go around!

Quick Question: Might sound stupid but we can use any items we want on the pokemon and not ones they use ingame?

Any item is fair game.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So I don't actually understand the WHEN of this tourney. I don't see any info on when it's taking place at all. just how.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Other questions, when is this event host ?
    Sage Ghetsis said:
    So I don't actually understand the WHEN of this tourney. I don't see any info on when it's taking place at all. just how.
    Signups will be open until Tuesday.

I have another question, Why are Koga, Blue and Wallace missing? They're technically gym leaders.
    I answered this on the server, but Koga was a leader in one game, therefore he only has three Pokemon to choose from, those being Koffing, Weezing, and Muk. Janine has at least triple that number of Pokemon to choose from. Juan was the Gym Leader after Wallace and their teams are similar, plus Wallace also only has a small Gym team to choose from. Blue is not a monotype leader and would have an advantage over everyone else.

So we just use the pokemon they use right ? Any move and any item is fair game ??
    Yay any item we want. Do we have to have the same moveset and abilities as the gym leader's pokemon in game?

^ Echoing this.

Movesets and items are also free for you to choose from.

Also, can we mix and match Pokemon from different games? For instance, can I mix around with http://serebii.net/black2white2/pwt/kanto.shtml and http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml?
    Yep!

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
  • Thanks for clearing the things up Solace. One More question. If we made multiple teams to try out and we have 2 that we cant decide between is it okay if we switch between those teams? (I am in this scenario)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • In the case of Giovanni, there are a few odds and ends. Most notably, there are 3 Pokemon which he uses during the fights leading to his Gym battle, which pretty much makes his Gym battle the rematch I suppose, and I was wondering how to treat them? Kangaskhan, Persian, and Onix are the ones in lead up battles, and in HGSS he has a Honchkrow.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • In the case of Giovanni, there are a few odds and ends. Most notably, there are 3 Pokemon which he uses during the fights leading to his Gym battle, which pretty much makes his Gym battle the rematch I suppose, and I was wondering how to treat them? Kangaskhan, Persian, and Onix are the ones in lead up battles, and in HGSS he has a Honchkrow.

I thought I said somewhere (if I didn't, I apologize, I should have!) you can use any Pokemon they've used in battles, rematches, PWT, etc. except for Stadium~

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I thought I said somewhere (if I didn't, I apologize, I should have!) you can use any Pokemon they've used in battles, rematches, PWT, etc. except for Stadium~
    Well I just figured I should ask since technically he was not acting as Gym Leader during those battles.

Back