• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crying.......

art or life

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've used to cry so hard at movies when I was younger. Idk I would just get so involved in the story and one little emotional scene or like an epic scene with equal music to it would have me tearing up. Now though not so much.

I'd say I cry more about real life things, but only when I am alone in my room.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The last time I have cried was a very long time ago. I'm quite emotionally hard, I take things to heart but I rarely express my emotions.

Yukari

Last year I cried 6 times. The year before that was only 4. I dunno how much that says though.

As you can tell I rarely cry about and/or at anything. I don't think that I've ever cried at art really.

Years
  • I voted art based on number of occasions.

This one was hard for me to decide on. I cry easily as a result of art/media, such as movies, shows, games and (sometimes) music. For example, the song Bronte by Gotye gets me to cry every time unless I make a conscious decision not to pay attention to the lyrics.

I have had a pretty easy life so I haven't really cried much throughout it. However, when I lost my cat two years ago I cried for months and now I'm starting to cry again thinking about her. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

Years
  • I'll express my emotions if and when I really have to. Those that say crying is for babies, or even for girls don't know what emotion is. I've cried once or twice even in high school, not realizing the situation I was in the times it happened.

That being said, I've probably cried at life. I don't really cry anymore because I tend not to be emotional in front of others, but that was before I reformed how I looked at life.

I do also feel the need to cry at art, although I try my absolute best to hold back.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    "face of a woman, tears of a child" shout out to death grips for lyrics that describe me perfectly. i cry over life probs more than art. i tend to overthink about the future and possible scenarios that are usually depressing. i also cry when I reach a certain amount of pissitude, it seems like my anger always turns into sadness for whatever reason. on the other hand, I do have my fair share of crying over disney movies. in the princess in the frog when Ray was killed I legit cry every time. i know it's going to happen but i cry anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I think I cry more over life than art, though I generally do so only do so in private. My life has had a lot of ups and downs, especially over the past few years, and crying is a good way to get the emotion out and come to terms with certain situations. I do struggle some with tearjerker movies and that sort of thing, but I don't tend to actually cry; I generally just feel internally emotionally moved.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm emotionally unstable and find myself crying more than I want. Of course in the comfort of my own room.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I've found recently I had difficulty in crying. It's not that I don't feel the pain or happiness that brings it on, it's just that tears never come. Despite me wanting to at times, just to let it out, I find I cannot. Mostly since my Nan died from Alzheimer's. But it's a good thing I don't feel like that often. If I were to cry, it would most definitely be at life, and not so much at art, though I can appreciate the emotions within art.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I tend to cry more openly at art rather than crying about anything in life. If there's something that makes me feel like crying in my life, I try to hide it, holding back my tears. With art, I feel as if I have a more acceptable reason to show emotions.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • How often I cry tends to zig-zag. I'll usually do so after having a bad day, feeling frustrated with something going on in my life, or remembering an unpleasant memory. But in a more positive way, I might also cry if someone tells me something that's really nice and touching; while I consider myself relatively nice and do my best to treat everybody well, it's pretty rare for anyone to actually return any kindness to me and it makes my day when they do.. Life situations are pretty much the only times where I'll cry, since I don't have many emotions otherwise, and have developed a bit of a tough skin as a result of having a fairly bumpy life. When my friends tell me that they feel like crying, I honestly encourage it most of the time; it's never any good to bottle up your emotions if you don't have to. Considering it's a natural response to stress, it should never be considered a sign of weakness, in my opinion.

Years
  • I definitely cry more at art lol. :( Life can be frustrating but it's nothing worth crying over for me, especially since I'm luckier than a lot of people in regards to plenty of things. Nowadays if I cry a little it's almost always from movies, TV shows, and the like, though usually it doesn't go above my eyes getting a bit watery.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I last cried (if a few tears can be called as such; I haven't outright bawled in a decade or more) toward the ending of Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika, so art, I suppose.
    If some actual concern in life upsets me, I tend to have a "keep calm and carry on" way about it.

Actually, now I said that, I did just watch this video today; as historical footage, would that count as life or art? It doesn't entirely 'get to' me but watching real people actually die is curiously disturbing. It doesn't make me cry, but it makes me want to.

Last edited:

RisingMaster85X2

BuddingMasterTrainer
    Years
  • Has anyone been desensitized to the point where nothing makes you cry?
    I happen to be such... and it doesn't feel quite, shall we say, human. I don't like this because people always tell me that I have no soul or that I don't care.
    That is of course wrong; I do care I just am afraid to express such feelings. i guess because I see it as sign of weakness or embarrassment or something. sI really don't why it is either. :3c

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Every. Single. Damn. Day. I cry every single damn day. I have to. It keeps me mentally stable, and if I don't cry, I won't be very stable that day. I cry more often at my life, obviously. I cry so much that I can literally feel what I ate last in my tears. u_u

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I didn't cry at my grandfather's funeral last year but that's probsbly because I wasn't all that invested. I do tear up at art quite a bit though, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a sad thing, just at any moment of what I think is creative genius.

In my real life thiugh I take the attitude that when you have a full time job there's no time for crying. I don't let life upset me like that because it takes time away from doing something productive. But when I've already taken the time out to enjoy some kind of art then emotion is of course permissible.

Back