• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crying.......

art or life

• Total voters

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I cry at both. It is my general response if I am overly emotional regardless of what kind of emotions. And because I become overly emotional every couple of weeks, it is a semi-frequent occurrence.

For instance, I remember a few months ago, I cried for about 20 minutes after the ending of Xenosaga III. It was very intense crying, the likes that is usually reserved for a serious and horrible life event. That kind of crying is the one I find to be unpleasant, as it gives me a massive headache, and sometimes I'll even throw up if it's intense enough. I have to be really low for that to happen though. Luckily, super intense crying doesn't happen very often. Nor does crying in general as much as it used to. But... I still do it a lot more than other people.

I just like to cry. Crying helps me with my emotions, and it is like blasting them all out at once. After I rest off my headache, I'll usually feel better after super intense crying too. But since that one is very taxing, my energy will typically be dead and it will take me a day or so to perk back up. Normal crying just has perking up directly after it.

If it's a happy cry though, that's just the best thing ever. It's extremely rare, but it feels like this wave of extremely pleasant energy, and like everything is just... I can't describe it. Words are too crude. But happy crying is probably my favorite emotion of all of the ones I can feel.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    When I was little, yeah. A lot, even. But, now? No. Not at all, actually. I used to cry at the thought of my dogs, which I had to give away 3 years ago, but I recently had a convo with my father about them, and I did not break down; I even laughed at the memories.

Crying is pretty fucking pointless, if you ask me. I got over it. Cold and proud. <3

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Crying is pretty fucking pointless, if you ask me.
    this is like saying that laughing is pointless, which is to say that it's not really accurate namsayin. I'm not trying to Demolish Your Life with this post or anything but crying is a pretty natural response to shit. that's not even to say I do it often, I'm just saying, for some people it's a totally normal thing and there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about that.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Lelk

this is like saying that laughing is pointless
    Yeah, but I didn't say laughing is pointless. I just don't see the point in crying.
    for some people it's a totally normal thing and there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about that.
    Yes. For some people. I'm not one of those people. They can cry all they want. I'm done with crying, like I said.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Lelk

Yeah, but I didn't say laughing is pointless. I just don't see the point in crying.

Yes. For some people. I'm not one of those people. They can cry all they want. I'm done with crying, like I said.
    no, I understand that's not what you said, I was making a comparison that wasn't meant to actually be taken literally.

and I similarly understand that you're "done with crying." I'm just saying that making a sweeping statement akin to "crying is pointless" might not be the nicest thing as it kind of, well, devalues someone's suffering, to put it melodramatically. irregardless I harbor no ill will towards you and I don't want to continue this

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    As a kid I cried because of, well, someone hurting my feelings or me trying to get attention (as young yound kid). Now, I really only cry if something really, really sad happens, or if I'm extremely mad/frustrated.

That's kinda how I am, at least similar

I cri evertime

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like it often, but rarely actually do. Apparently something about psychopathy.

It's a mixed bag with both art and life. It's definitely not weird to feel it more with art. The purpose of art is to invoke emotion, after all.

Back