• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fighting-type Dojo!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Maybe the typings is better for emboar weakness×4 to fairy is pretty bad.

A little correction: Fairy-type moves aren't effective against the Fire-type Pokemon. ;) On Emboar's case, it's of course neutral.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
Spoiler:

Given its design and being based off Journey to the West, can you see Emboar as the Unova counterpart of Infernape? - I personally don't see Emboar as a counterpart to Infernape as well and it's mostly due to the stats. I would see Emboar more as a counterpart if Emboar was more defensive.

Emboar holds the clear distinction of being the only Fighting type Pokemon to learn Smog. Why do you think that is? - I think it has to do with Emboar's design, as well as Pignite's. For one, it is has to do with the Fire typing. Second is their design when compared to Blaziken and Infernape. Emboar has a more darker and smokey design when compared to Blaziken and Infernape so I think it would make sense to give Emboar a move that is smokey or gas related.

In which aspect is Emboar better than Chesnaught? And in which part worse than Chesnaught? - I personally think Emboar is a better attacker than Chesnaught is. For Chesnaught, it's a lot more defensive especially in physical defense where it suffers the most due to it's 4x weakness to Flying which is a mostly physical attacking type, plus I love the design of Chesnaught more.

As it's the first fully evolved Fighting starter Pokemon who isn't a Fire type, do you think it was a nice change of pace and how do you think Chesnaught is as the first non-Fire/Fighting starter Pokemon? - Honestly I do think that being the first non-Fire/Fighting type is a great change of pace. Having 4 Fire/Fighting type starters in a row would be a bit of an overkill. I don't have a problem with Fire/Fighting types, but rather I think it shouldn't have been done 3 times in a row and it was great that it wasn't four.

As the Spiny Armor Pokemon and being mentioned in the Pokedex that it protects allies and being able to defend itself against a bomb blast, do you think Chesnaught does a good job on being a defensive Fighting type Pokemon?
- As a defensive Pokemon, it's at least good that it's base defense makes it easier to pit against a Flying type. However I do wish that it was more specially defensive and had more health to it. However, as it goes, it does have many protective stuff with it. For one, is Spiky Shield which if you ask me is a better Protect since physical moves will damage opposing Pokemon. As for Bulletproof, it does help against some of its weaknesses, such as Sludge Bomb and Ice Ball, especially Ice Ball considering how dangerous that move can end up being. I think Chesnaught does do a good job on being a defensive Pokemon, while I do sorta wish it was better, I still think it is good.

My vote will be for Chesnaught.

Here are the results
Spoiler:

The new reward system is not fully done yet and figured out, however by next week when the next clash ends, I promise it will be up and with more info about it.

Reactions: Sun

Zoroark Cutie

Years
-quoted for notification-

Okay so good news and bad news. Bad news is that there won't be a clash until next week. This week was rough on me and I couldn't focus on making a new clash, I will admit that I was a bit lazy this week and that is one of the reasons why, but mostly it was due to the week being rough on me as it already was. The next two Pokemon have been chosen, but I couldn't think of any questions for the new clash to have it up by this week so it will be up by next week. Good news is that I have thought out the new reward system more and I'm going to detail all the new stuff as well as possible future stuff that will be added. Any and all criticisms of this is welcomed so if you think there is anything that should be changed before the next clash goes up. So here is all that is gonna be added next week.

Fight For Power - I talked about this at the beginning of the previous clash and I'm ready to go into full detail. All members will be ranked as time goes on. Your rank is determined by your dedication to this club, points, clash wins, events you partake in, Pokemon you have, badges that you earn, items that you get, and a good sport that you are. As your rank goes up, you grow in power and as you grow in power, the more points you'll earn after winning clashes. There might be more stuff that you'll get from your rank later on in the future, but for now it is going to stick to more points earned until something well thought out is planned. It should also be noted that you can lose your rank in Fight For Power and have it lowered, and this can be done in a few ways. One, you don't participate in clashes, if this happens too much in a row your rank will drop by 1, and for every clash missed after that's another rank drop. Two, you lose a challenge. For Fight For Power, I am allowing challenges between members to make it a competitive way and constantly changing system. You can challenge members in one of three ways, and one of them I will go over separately. For a member to challenge another, the challenging member must be of lower rank than the person they are challenging. If the challenged person wins, the ranks stay the same, but if the challenger wins then the ranks are adjusted to where the challenger is higher ranked than the person challenged and the challenged person will be of much lower rank, how many ranks they will lose will depend on how lower ranked the challenger was. One way is by their current power, so let's say Person A challenges Person B and call for a Power Challenge, what will be looked is both parties Pokemon, items, and badges, afterwards I will randomly generate a number, however depending on the Pokemon, items, and badges a person has will depend on how likely a number in their favor will be generated. So if Person A has more Pokemon or more powerful Pokemon, more items, and badges than Person B, then more numbers will be given to Person A and Person B will have less numbers, so let's say I do a 1-100 randomly generated Pokemon, and I determined the worth of the Person's A overall power earns them numbers 1-73 and Person B gets 74-100, Person A will have a higher chance to win, but Person B will still have a chance to win. The second way is through a Showdown challenge, if this happens, both members must schedule a challenge to happen between the two members on Pokemon Showdown, while not required, I would recommend PC's Battle Server for those challenges to happen and both parties can determine on how it should their match or matches should be played out. After the challenge, I must see the replays of these matches. However, be warned, if I spot any kind of cheating, such as Pokemon having illegal moves, whoever is found out to have cheated will be punished in the club, will have their rank stripped and more if necessary, if a person is caught cheating multiple times they will be suspended or banned from participating in this clubs Showdown challenges or worse if necessary.

Alliances - Members can make alliances with each other, with the max currently being 2 members per Alliance and possibly more members per Alliance if more people join or become active. Alliances will be shown on the first page after they have been made (and after the next clash ends). Alliances will also affect Fight For Power. Regardless, both members in an Alliance will have separate ranks and power, however what can happen is that both members of an Alliance can challenge other members in a Fight For Power. If this happens, then one of two things can happen depending on what the Alliances are like. One way is that if it is an Alliance challenging only one member, if this happen the lone member will given a fighting chance to win the challenge on either kind of challenge, either getting a set number of numbers given to them if it is a Power Challenge or having the Allianced team use only 3 Pokemon each during Showdown challenges while the lone member will be able to use their entire team. If it is a Power challenge, it will be set from 1-150, the lone member will get an automatically get 1-50 and if their strength looks more valuable to me, they will get to have 1-75, however if the ones who are in an Alliance looks stronger to me overall then the lone member will be stuck at 1-50, and if the Alliance looks way more stronger by a huge margin, then they will get 51-175. In Showdown, the lone member will get to use a full team, but the members of an Alliance will only get to use 3, the trade off is that if the lone member has lost any Pokemon during any battle with the members of an Alliance, then they must exclude them from the next match against the next member of the Alliance. If it is an Alliance of members challenging another Alliance of members, the changes that will be made is that in Power Challenges one Alliance gets numbers 1-100 and the other will get 101-200 and if an Alliance looks way more powerful than another than they will get an additional 50 numbers while the way weaker one will get 50 numbers taken away, and in Showdown matches each member of the Alliances will only get to use 3 Pokemon each, and if one member from each Alliance is standing after the first two matches, then they will square off against each other with the remainder of their Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Pokemon - There will be a shop of Pokemon that players can spend points on to earn Pokemon. Each Pokemon is worth a certain Power value, however the more Powerful the Pokemon the more they will cost to get. Veteran members of as of right now will be able to keep their current Pokemon, newer members will get to choose a basic Pokemon to begin with. It is possible for your Pokemon to evolve, if you have enough points then you can evolve your Pokemon. The one exception being Pancham and Pangoro, you can get a Pancham or a Pangoro, but if you get a Pancham to save on points and want it to evolve into Pangoro, you must first have a Scraggy or Scrafty. One other exception is Meloetta who you can only get the Pirouette Forme of.

Items - Items can be earned and given to Pokemon through the Item shop. Each Item will have an effect to something as simple to raising a Pokemon's Power value or having a positive effect that will boost the Pokemon's club power by a lot, but may also have a negative affect that will hinder its Power by a little. Mega stones will also be in the shop for your Pokemon to also hold, which will make them Mega evolve and give you a significant bonus depending on the Pokemon.

Badges - Badges can be earned through the Badge shop. These badges will give you bonuses to the points you earn, rank, power, two of them or three of them.

Clashes - If you get a winning streak from the clashes you will earn more points. The higher your winning streak, the higher the points you get. For every one added to your winning streak, that's one extra point you get after the end of each clash.

Possible Features - Pokemon, Items, and Badges may be given out to members for winning a Clash. This is a possible thing that can happen, and if this is a desirable thing among members, this will go into affect on the next clash.

Possible Future Features - For right now, the possible future features include rewards that can be gained outside of the clubs. I will need to think about this more and if I can find good ideas on this then I will make an announcement later on.

Now that is all over, I want to hear what y'all think about this. And I do have a question that I would like to hear from y'all before this all goes into effect.

Should Pokemon of different types be added into the Club shop or be choosen by new members if they can evolve or mega evolve into a Fighting type? - As of now, the Pokemon that this question pertains to are Poliwag and Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Torchic, Shroomish, Ralts and Kirlia, Chimchar, Buneary and Lopunny, Tepig, and Chespin and Quilladin. If these Pokemon should be allowed, they will have a Power value of 0 until evolved into their fighting typing and extra items will be added into the shop for those who can only evolve or mega evolve into a Fighting type if holding an item, and in the shop they will cost lower than usual to get and evolve, however if bought from the Club store and if a new person chooses Poliwag, Torchic, Shroomish, Ralts, Chimchar, Buneary, Tepig, or Chespin then all point spending will be suspended from them and points will automatically go into evolve their Pokemon or getting their mega stone. If these Pokemon should not be allowed, then these Pokemon will be excluded all together, except for maybe Mewtwo and Lopunny since they can mega evolve (however they will have higher than normal prices in the Club's Pokemon Shop), and therefore Poliwrath, Combusken, Breloom, Gallade, Monferno, Pignite, and Chesnaught can only be obtained through shop for newer members who want these as their first Pokemon. The reason why I ask this question is that if a new member wants a Torchic so that their first Pokemon can be a Combusken and later a Blaziken, then this will give them chance to do so, although they will get a power value of 0 right at the beginning.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
Pokémon Clash #8
214.png
701.png

Heracross vs. Hawlucha
  1. What do you think of Mega Heracross?
  2. As the first, and only, Bug/Fighting type, what do you think of the typing and Heracross all together?
  3. In which aspect is Heracross better than Hawlucha? And in which part worse than Hawlucha?
  4. Just like with Heracross, as it is the only Pokemon who is Fighting/Flying, what do you think of the typing and Hawlucha all together?
  5. Would you like to see Hawlucha get a Mega evolution one day and if so what do you think should go with it?
    Current mode: Guess Mode
    Which Pokemon should win this CLASH?

I apologize for taking so long to get this clash up, as a lot has been happening and I made a last minute change to this clash. The reward system and Fight For Power will be up tomorrow on the main post when I update it. I decided that I will be excluding Poliwag and Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Torchic, Shroomish, Ralts and Kirlia, Chimchar, Buneary and Lopunny, Tepig, and Chespin and Quilladin from the club because I want to keep it Fighting type focused, however Mega Mewtwo X as well as Mega Lopunny will be in the store, but will cost higher than usual.

Also as a celebration of the new reward system going up, I have decided to add a bit of a bonus to this clash. The bonus is that for winning the clash, the Pokemon winner will be up for grabs by any member who has voted for it, but only one lucky member will be able to get that Pokemon if more than one person vote for that Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Killua

Decent design good stats and ability, I used quitr a bit on competitive.

As the first, and only, Bug/Fighting type, what do you think of the typing and Heracross all together?

The design is kinda cool ant the typings despite its x4 flying weakness hás some good advantages, and he learns megahorn.

In which aspect is Heracross better than Hawlucha? And in which part worse than Hawlucha?

Maybe hawlucha typings is a bit better but overall in both moveset and design I prefer heracross
Just like with Heracross, as it is the only Pokemon who is Fighting/Flying, what do you think of the typing and Hawlucha all together?
Hawlucha is decent but I only used him a little bit but its typing is cool.

Would you like to see Hawlucha get a Mega evolution one day and if so what do you think should go with it?
Not necessário maybe gen 8 but we have better fighting pokes to get it *cof cof* machamp *cof cof*

Zoroark Cutie

Years
What do you think of Mega Heracross?
Decent design good stats and ability, I used quitr a bit on competitive.

As the first, and only, Bug/Fighting type, what do you think of the typing and Heracross all together?

The design is kinda cool ant the typings despite its x4 flying weakness hás some good advantages, and he learns megahorn.

In which aspect is Heracross better than Hawlucha? And in which part worse than Hawlucha?

Maybe hawlucha typings is a bit better but overall in both moveset and design I prefer heracross
Just like with Heracross, as it is the only Pokemon who is Fighting/Flying, what do you think of the typing and Hawlucha all together?
Hawlucha is decent but I only used him a little bit but its typing is cool.

Would you like to see Hawlucha get a Mega evolution one day and if so what do you think should go with it?
Not necessário maybe gen 8 but we have better fighting pokes to get it *cof cof* machamp *cof cof*

Don't forget to answer the one question you missed and cast your vote.

Killua

Toughts on hawlucha: Decent typing not very strong in my opinion

heracross is the winner

Zoroark Cutie

Years
Spoiler:
I honestly like regular Heracross more, but I do like the design of Mega Heracross.

While Bug/Fighting gets decimated by Flying types, I think it is a useful typing especially against Psychic types and types that Fighting types to struggle against.

Well I think Heracross's typing is better in my opinion and it has less weaknesses than Hawlucha does. Hawlucha on the other hand does have an immunity nor does it have a 4x weakness, not to mention that Flying Press is an absolute monster of a move since it can be either Fighting or Flying.
I really like the Fighting/Flying type combo, and it is a pretty helpful typing in my opinion.
I honestly would like to see it happen at some point, but that just may be me.

My Vote: I'm going with Hawlucha just so that something gets given out, but I do like these 2 equally.

Results
Spoiler:

I'm going to do a quick update. For one, I've renamed the club and removed the VIP from the title since this club is no longer a VIP club. Second, due to persona life, I may take a bit longer on making the clashes. I don't know if it will take me longer, it will all depend within the following few days. Fight For Power status as well as how many points each person has will be shown by the end of the week. I was going to have it up sooner, but life has to taken an unexpected turn for me so I couldn't have it up right now.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I am not fond of the design, the stats could have been better!
The type makes it a unique Pokemon, it was particularly insane during the Gen III and Gen IV era.
I believe Heracross is able to learn different types of moves, while Hawlucha's colors are more attractive in my opinion.
Hawlucha is known for its unique typing and its signature move, the stat isn't as impressive as Heracross, however.
I wouldn't mind, they better improve its Attack and Speed stat for at least +50 stat on each said stat.

[Vote] Heracross

I'm going to do a quick update. For one, I've renamed the club and removed the VIP from the title since this club is no longer a VIP club. Second, due to persona life, I may take a bit longer on making the clashes. I don't know if it will take me longer, it will all depend within the following few days. Fight For Power status as well as how many points each person has will be shown by the end of the week. I was going to have it up sooner, but life has to taken an unexpected turn for me so I couldn't have it up right now.

Yeah I fully understand that, personal life is also the very reason for my lack of presence on PC and Sky High. Come back soon, we need you!

Fighting Master Maylene

Master Fighter
Years
Username: Fighting Master Maylene
Reason for Joining: I love fighting type Pokemon. Fighting types are also one of the best types which makes them even more awesome.
Partner Pokemon: Poliwrath? If not Makuhita.

I think Mega Heracross is awesome. It has a high attack stat and is beast if used right.

As the first, and only, Bug/Fighting type, what do you think of the typing and Heracross all together? I like Heracross. It is a strong bug Pokemon unlike a lot of bugs.

In which aspect is Heracross better than Hawlucha? And in which part worse than Hawlucha? I think Hawlucha is awesome because it is a wrestling Pokemon and I love wrestling. I do like both and think there both awesome.

I like that Hawlucha is a wrestling Pokemon. I guess my last answer answered this question.

Would you like to see Hawlucha get a Mega evolution one day and if so what do you think should go with it? I would love to see a Mega Hawlucha. I would love all Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution one day. Mega Hawlucha with huge muscles would look interesting.

I would vote Hawlucha over Heracross but only just.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
Username: Fighting Master Maylene
Reason for Joining: I love fighting type Pokemon. Fighting types are also one of the best types which makes them even more awesome.
Partner Pokemon: Poliwrath? If not Makuhita.

I think Mega Heracross is awesome. It has a high attack stat and is beast if used right.

As the first, and only, Bug/Fighting type, what do you think of the typing and Heracross all together? I like Heracross. It is a strong bug Pokemon unlike a lot of bugs.

In which aspect is Heracross better than Hawlucha? And in which part worse than Hawlucha? I think Hawlucha is awesome because it is a wrestling Pokemon and I love wrestling. I do like both and think there both awesome.

I like that Hawlucha is a wrestling Pokemon. I guess my last answer answered this question.

Would you like to see Hawlucha get a Mega evolution one day and if so what do you think should go with it? I would love to see a Mega Hawlucha. I would love all Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution one day. Mega Hawlucha with huge muscles would look interesting.

I would vote Hawlucha over Heracross but only just.
Hello. I'm sorry for taking a while to respond. Been a bit busy lately so I do apologize for not adding you in sooner than I should have. I placed Makuhita as your partner Pokemon since it is a basic.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
Pokémon Clash #9
454.png
448.png

Toxicroak vs. Lucario
  1. Do you think Toxicroak should get a mega evolution?
  2. For a Poison/Fighting type, Toxicroak can only learn one Fighting type move naturally, and it must be obtained through it's pre-evolution, and it learns a great deal of Dark type attacks. Why do you think that is?
  3. In which aspect is Toxicroak better than Lucario? And in which part worse than Lucario?
  4. Why do you think Lucario learns Dragon Pulse naturally?
  5. Other than the spikes on it, why do you think Lucario turns into a Fighting/Steel type?
    Current mode: Guess Mode
    Which Pokemon should win this CLASH?

Spoiler:

I'm sorry that this took me forever to finally make another clash. No extra rewards are going to be given out for this clash, don't want to make them so common. As for tier lists, all of you have been placed in tiers respective to all of your activities and clash wins and points. It will be shown in text after this one ends *pinkie promises*. Shop still needs to be worked on, but will work on it when I get spare time from other stuff.

Fighting Master Maylene

Master Fighter
Years
Do you think Toxicroak should get a mega evolution?
Yeah why not. I do like Toxicroak and seeing it get a mega evolution would be awesome.

For a Poison/Fighting type, Toxicroak can only learn one Fighting type move naturally, and it must be obtained through it's pre-evolution, and it learns a great deal of Dark type attacks. Why do you think that is?
I don't know maybe Toxicroak is evil.

In which aspect is Toxicroak better than Lucario? And in which part worse than Lucario?
Toxicroak is better because it is a poison frog and is worse because it is not Lucario.

Why do you think Lucario learns Dragon Pulse naturally?
Something to do with Aura?

Other than the spikes on it, why do you think Lucario turns into a Fighting/Steel type?
Hmm never thought about it. I don't really know

I pick Toxicroak because it needs love.

Sorry I am bad at answering questions like these

Zoroark Cutie

Years

Sorry for being late on this one. I somewhat intentionally left the clash open a bit more to hope that people cast their votes, but I can see that has been fruitless seeing how only one person casted their vote. If this club remains open, which I am not sure of at this point due to no activity and lack of interest may force me to close the club down, this will be the last time I leave a clash open for a long period of time. So let's finish this clash up.

Do you think Toxicroak should get a mega evolution? - As much as I love Toxicroak, he's one of the few Pokemon who shouldn't get a mega as I think he is completely fine as he is.

For a Poison/Fighting type, Toxicroak can only learn one Fighting type move naturally, and it must be obtained through it's pre-evolution, and it learns a great deal of Dark type attacks. Why do you think that is? - I think it has to do with that Toxicroak as well as Croagunk are poisonous toads, so I think it would make sense to have more poisonous types moves for them to use to fit their theme.

In which aspect is Toxicroak better than Lucario? And in which part worse than Lucario? - While both can be effectively used against Fairy type Pokemon, I'd say Toxicroak is the better Pokemon for dealing with Fairy Pokemon since it learns a lot of Poison moves while Lucario only learns one attacking Steel move and it doesn't do as much damage than some of Toxicroak's Poison moves. On the other hand, I think Lucario has a better overall design, stat wise it is better, and it even has a mega form.

Why do you think Lucario learns Dragon Pulse naturally? - I think it may have to do that Dragon Pulse could be similar to Aura in a way, but I am not too for sure.

Other than the spikes on it, why do you think Lucario turns into a Fighting/Steel type? - The only reason I can see Lucario as a Fighting/Steel type may be to symbolize that Lucario is an overall good guy kind of Pokemon as though he may be the purest of non-evil Fighting type Pokemon or as a leader kind of Pokemon.

I am going to be voting for Lucario.

Results
Spoiler:

As promised, the Fight For Power tier list is going to be posted and there are 5 tiers to this, 5th tier being the highest, 1st tier being the lowest. Keep in mind that activity into play and some are in danger of dropping to a lower tier. Here are the current standings
Spoiler:

Fighting Master Maylene

Master Fighter
Years
I hope this club does get more active because Fighting types in my opinion are the strongest Pokemon type. I am currently doing a Pokemon Platinum Fighting type mono run. I am on my way to Oreburgh City and I only have a Chimchar named Flame.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
I hope that this club doesn't close either, and I honestly don't want to, but this club is really inactive. I'm mostly to blame to why it is inactive and for numerous reasons. I'm going to let this club stay open for a bit longer, and if I do not see a good amount of activity happening, then I'm afraid it's going to have to be closed.

Back