• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fighting-type Dojo!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    1. How would you describe the personality of Pancham (as a whole specie, not certain individual kinds)?
      Playful, mischievous but innocent.
    2. A Pancham evolves by at Level 32 if there's a Dark-type Pokemon in party, does this mean it turns bad upon evolving? Why/Why not?
      He's a good boy gone bad! He'll be singing Umbrella and Disturbia soon, mark my words!
    3. In which aspect Pancham is better than Riolu? And in which part worse than Riolu?
      Pancham chubbier and I prefer it's design over Riolu. Lucario, Riolu's evolution, is able to Mega Evolve! Does that count? {XD}
    4. A Riolu has powers to sense emotions of its surrounding, does this make Riolu a kind and compassionate Pokemon? Or a cunning Pokemon that uses the others emotions to its advantage?
      Neither; I think he uses them to his advantage to sense whether the are aggressive kinds or not.
    5. Why does Riolu evolves into a part Steel-type, instead of a Fighting and Psychic-type Pokemon? Maybe it ate a piece of iron bar, or it ate too much Iron? {XD}

I vote for Pancham so we'll either lose together or win together, that's team spirit for you. {XD}

Spoiler:

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I'm so salty over this. I'm going to be crying in my sleep over this because RNG hates my guts. I say we do a rematch in the future.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Quoted for notification.

Pokémon Clash #2
    l3YQOBb.png
    98E7z4G.png
    Timburr vs Machop
    1. Are those lumber considered as Timburr's body parts?
    2. What do you think about the design of Timburr?
    3. In which aspect Timburr is better than Machop? And in which part worse than Machop?
    4. What are those brown ridges on Machop's head? Are they some sort of secret weapon?
    5. Make a theory why the Machop line is able to use Flamethrower and Fire Blast.
      Please check the grand thread for the current mode.
      Which Pokemon should win the CLASH?
      Don't be shy! Tell us why! Lol

Oh and Mickey, tell me what Pokemon games do you have, so that I'll be to organize Pokemon Hunt soon. :)

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • 1. Are those lumber considered as Timburr's body parts? - I think of it like Jynx's dress, Kadabra's and Alakazam's spoons, Sawk's and Throh's clothes, and a Zoroark's hair bead, they just magically get one out of no where, not to mention Timburr always tosses that lumber around in his Gen 5 sprite.

2. What do you think about the design of Timburr? - I think it is adorrable (bad pun is still bad pun). Plain and simple as that X3.

3. In which aspect Timburr is better than Machop? And in which part worse than Machop? - Well Timburr imo is slightly cuter than Machop, but I do like the design of Machoke and Machamp more than Gurdurr and Conkeldurr.

4. What are those brown ridges on Machop's head? Are they some sort of secret weapon? - Maybe it's just a dull rocky helmet thing that supposed to give it some sort of protection.

5. Make a theory why the Machop line is able to use Flamethrower and Fire Blast. - Well since the Machop line do have reptilian design, I'm gonna say that were part Dragons and lost their Dragon typing. X3

Don't be shy! Tell us why! Lol
    - This one is a bit tough for me to choose. While I personally like both of these Pokemon equally, I'm going to go for Machop since I personally find it a bit better at battling, plus it has No Guard.

Oh and Mickey, tell me what Pokemon games do you have, so that I'll be to organize Pokemon Hunt soon. :)
    Why are you calling Mickey all of a sudden O_O? Anyway, I got Pokemon White 2, X, and Omega Ruby, although my copy of White 2 is currently missing.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    quoted for notification.

And here comes my very late answers, which I'm truly sorry:

I say the lumber is considered as its body part, which is similar to Sawk's karate gi and Throh's judogi. :) I have to admit, those veins were rather scary and painful to look at. Kinda wanna hold that lumber for him, not kidding.

The thing that makes the Timburr line better is its access to Mach Punch and the Ability Iron Fist. While the Machop line is great on having the No Guard Ability thus having a perfect accuracy Stone Edge, Dynamic Punch and Cross Chop.

Those brown ridges might be some kinda hidden weapon? Like a saucer? >:) In all seriousness though, I believe they are protective gears.

To be honest, I couldn't think a theory for this question , despite the fact I'm the one who created this question! However, I have to say I like Mickey's points a lot! In ORAS, the Machop line can learn the move Dual Chop as a level up move, which eerily supports his points. While 'chop' refers to karate skill, one shouldn't forget that Dual Chop is a Dragon-type move!

Vote: Timburr
    Spoiler: Results
    lVVR8RM.png

Pancham Cutie earned 150 Chips!
    (Chips are invisible stat for the time being, record your own progress too!)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Following Ketsu's club, I believe it's better to ask you guys.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]If you want a notification for future posts, such as announcement of club events, rule amendments, Clash, Hunts and various updates, please like this post. If you did not like this post you will NOT be notified from this point. Note that this is limited to our club official matters, casual club convos are not included. [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spoiler: Rule Amendments

Additional notice

Members of this club are allowed access to the following clubs without signing up:
    ☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club
    @Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

You are also allowed to join their CLASH, Hunt and other activities/events in the future. However you are not allowed to purchase anything from the aforementioned clubs' shop, unless you're a member.

Currency System change

Engaging in a convo! Yeah simple, right? :) - 10 Chips/10 Posts The cancellation is effective immediately.
    Every month an active regular member receives 100 Chips, VIP Members gets 200 Chips and 400 Chips for the in-clubs staff. (Please do note that they do not stack up in any ways.)

Feel free to ask for definitions in case you need help.

Spoiler: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH THE CLASH
    -We are going with Majority Rules.
    -Three winners in a total.
    -The three winners are decided by RNG.
    -You will be notified which number represents you (in case you picked the winning Pokemon).
    -Additional prize for the winners.
    -Special Chips giveaway: In case you are not chosen as a winner, you get 50 Chips (Only applicable to those who did not pick the winning Pokemon);
    -Special Chips case: Each winners get 200 Chips.
    -This is a Cross Clash*; You can reply in either Fighting-type Club or Psychic-type Club (only one vote per person).
    -RNG for tiebreaker.

*Cross Clash refers to 2 or more clubs getting involved in a crossover CLASH, hence the name.

Pokémon Clash #3
    t5fptKr.gif
    hUof2Da.gif
    Gallade vs Medicham
    1. Gallade can only learn one Fighting-type move, does it make it less of a Fighting-type? Should it be paired with an other type, instead of Fighting-type? Why?
    2. If it's possible to have a male Gardevoir why is it impossible for a female Gallade to exist?
    3. Why is the Gallade line not part of Human-shape while the Medicham line is?
    4. In which aspect Medicham is better than Gallade? And in which part worse than Gallade?
    5. If Medicham is part of a three stages family, will it be stronger than or at least on par with Gallade? Why?
    6. If Jynx was a stereotype for a race, how come Medicham and its Mega Evolution isn't a stereotype to the eastern culture?
      Please check the Grand Thread for the current mode.
      Cast your votes!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I'll just post what I posted in the Psychic club ^.^

Spoiler:

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • 1. Gallade can only learn one Fighting-type move, does it make it less of a Fighting-type? Should it be paired with an other type, instead of Fighting-type? Why? - I honestly don't think so for 2 reasons. The first reason is because Gallade is not the only who does this, Combusken learns 3 Fighting type moves and only 2 of which do damage and Blaziken naturally only learns 1 Fighting type move passed Combusken, the same thing goes for Monferno and Infernape except that Monferno can learn only 2 and Infernape learns only 1 of them through level up passed Monferno. Croagunk and Pignite both only learn 1 and Toxicroak and Emboar can't learn any from level up passed their pre-evos, and Chesnaught only learns 2. Why should Gallade be considered less of a fighter than them? Second is that even though Gallade only learns one fighting type move, he also learns a few other moves that seem like something that a fighter would learn, like Psycho Cut, Fury Cutter, Slash, and False Swipe. So either way, I see him as much as a fighter than any other fighting type.

2. If it's possible to have a male Gardevoir why is it impossible for a female Gallade to exist? - I got 2 theories that may make it sound logical when combined. The first is the same as reason why there isn't a male Froslass, and what Gallade and Froslass have in common is that they both evolve by a Dawn Stone, so I have a theory that Dawn Stones, so my theory for this and for all future Pokemon who may end up getting an evolution through Dawn Stone is that Dawn Stones only work on specific genders depending on the Pokemon. The second one has to do their names. Gardevoir being a combination of either garde and devoir or garder and voir, garde and devoir being French for guard and duty while garder and voir are French for keep and see, while Gallade sounds close to Galahad which is the name of one of King Arthur's knights, so it sounds logical why Gallade is male exclusive, although I do have to question why Gardevoir's Japanese name is Sirnight.

3. Why is the Gallade line not part of Human-shape while the Medicham line is? - I'm going to guess you mean Human-like egg group because they are both in the same body shape group. In that case, I don't even know how to explain it since egg groups are weird. I mean Human-like group also has Sableye, Croagunk and Toxicroak, Hawlucha, Lucario, Pancham and Pangoro. I don't know about you, but they don't look Human like, I mean for gosh sakes, Hawlucha is a hawk, Croagunk is a toad, Lucario is a jackal, and Pancham and Pangoro are pandas. I don't see anything human like about them other than they both stand on 2 legs.

4. In which aspect Medicham is better than Gallade? And in which part worse than Gallade? - Well Medicham I think Medicham has way better egg moves it can learn, but I think it is worse when it comes to abilities as I think Gallade has better abilities even as a mega.

5. If Medicham is part of a three stages family, will it be stronger than or at least on par with Gallade? Why? - Possibly because if it did get a 3rd stage, it probably would get a lot of needed stat boosts to make it just as good as Gallade.

6. If Jynx was a stereotype for a race, how come Medicham and its Mega Evolution isn't a stereotype to the eastern culture? - I have to agree with Ketsu in that yoga is popular in western culture, maybe not as much as in eastern culture, but it is really popular in western culture.

Cast your votes!
    - I'm going to vote for Gallade

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Notice

Spoiler: Older notices
    These clubs will be shutting down,
    @Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club
    The Fighting-type VIP Dojo!
    ☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

... if you are not active!

Now, now hold those angers in! I have 2 things to announce for real.

I'm mainly busy with the event as I've mentioned (to some of you). It's an official event for PokéCommunity, that event will also mark the premiere of Pokémon Hunts! Joining the said Global PC event rewards you with at least 7000 Chips! Stay tuned for Pokemon Community's Get Together event!

Since I'm busy Gothet is going to watch over our Psychic-type Club and Lycan for the Flying-type Club. While there's no official vice-guy for the VIP Dojo, so I'll try my best to help keep the Fighting-type Club. I'll be back around a week, take care guys. :)

Do not forget the monthly PGen CoTM votes. (Click here to enter the voting thread)

You'll be rewarded with 1000 Chips for participating the CoTM. An additional 3000 Chips if your vote wins.

Without any doubts, the winner for this CLASH is Gallade!
    But since we have more than three voters, our three winners are decided by RNG.

Queue as #1 for RNG

Queue as #2 for RNG

Queue as #3 for RNG

Queue as #4 for RNG

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pokémon Clash #4
    RUngpzQ.png
    4KTgZrc.png

Scrafty vs Pangoro

1. What do you think about Scrafty's design?
    2. The Scrafty line is unique when compare to most of its Dark or Fighting-type peers, it is defensively tough while it has an above avarage physical attack stat. What's your thoughts on Scrafty breaking the mould?
    3. In which aspect Scrafty is better than Pangoro? And in which part worse than Pangoro?
    4. Why does Pancham evolves into a Pangoro with a Dark-type Pokemon in the party? Why not just simply evolves when it reached the level of 32? What makes Pangoro a Dark-type Pokemon except the obvious black color from its body?
    5. Pangoro's Pokedex entry says, 'It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.' Make theory how does it sense the opponents' movements through the leaf.
    6. What's your thoughts behind the Dark/Fighting dual typing?
    Please check the grand thread for the current mode.

Spoiler: Notifications

Last edited:

Killua

nickname: Absol!!!

Starter: Tyrogue

Fightint tipes they are very useful and i always lovedtheir moves, even if I don't like their speed they are a force to be reckoned and one of the most versatile pokes

the fighting/dark unfortunately now have a x4 weakness against fairy but is good to counter both ghost and psychic with his side typing.

What do you think about Scrafty's design?

The Scrafty line is unique when compare to most of its Dark or Fighting-type peers, it is defensively tough while it has an above avarage physical attack stat. What's your thoughts on Scrafty breaking the mould?

In which aspect Scrafty is better than Pangoro? And in which part worse than Pangoro?
    Why does Pancham evolves into a Pangoro with a Dark-type Pokemon in the party?

Why not just simply evolves when it reached the level of 32? What makes Pangoro a Dark-type Pokemon except the obvious black color from its body?

Pangoro's Pokedex entry says, 'It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.' Make theory how does it sense the opponents' movements through the leaf.

It has a bad desing I wish it was more orignal, it felt like a mohican scraggy

Scrafty has betteer defenses but Pangoro have a decent Special Attack an a better atack so i'll go with Pangoro

Maybe because it feels better having your pokemon evolving in a different way I loved the challenge that was evolving Feebas

Maybe its leaf comes from some sacred tree or another thing that helps it sensing enemies.

above

Pangoro wins with better stats distribution and design

Last edited by a moderator:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What do you think about Scrafty's design?
    Upon seeing it, it reminded me of an urban genre musician and I actually like it. (:

The Scrafty line is unique when compare to most of its Dark or Fighting-type peers, it is defensively tough while it has an above avarage physical attack stat. What's your thoughts on Scrafty breaking the mould?
    It is a great thing. Diversity, uniqueness and changes are always good!

In which aspect Scrafty is better than Pangoro? And in which part worse than Pangoro?

I love Scrafty's coloration, it is unique for a Fighting and or Dark-type Pokemon. While design wise, I like Pangoro's more. So Scrafty's color is better imo, while Pangoro has a better design.

Why does Pancham evolves into a Pangoro with a Dark-type Pokemon in the party? Why not just simply evolves when it reached the level of 32? What makes Pangoro a Dark-type Pokemon except the obvious black color from its body?
    Good Pokemon gone astray is what I wanna say, but no. Despite the grumpy temper of Pangoro, it is still a kind Pokemon in nature, according to one of its Pokedex entry.

Honestly, I think it's the coloration and its temper that makes it a Dark-type.

Pangoro's Pokedex entry says, 'It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.' Make theory how does it sense the opponents' movements through the leaf.
    I say it detects the movement through its leaf, like the ripple thing from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

What's your thoughts behind the Dark/Fighting dual typing?
    It's a unique type, just hopefully it doesn't become an overused typing like the Psychic/Fighting.

I vote for Scrafty.
    Entering!!!!

nickname: Absol!!!

Starter: Tyrogue

Fightint tipes they are very useful and i always lovedtheir moves, even if I don't like their speed they are a force to be reckoned and one of the most versatile pokes

the fighting/dark unfortunately now have a x4 weakness against fairy but is good to counter both ghost and psychic with his side typing.

It has a bad desing I wish it was more orignal, it felt like a mohican scraggy

Scrafty has betteer defenses but Pangoro have a decent Special Attack an a better atack so i'll go with Pangoro

Maybe because it feels better having your pokemon evolving in a different way I loved the challenge that was evolving Feebas

Maybe its leaf comes from some sacred tree or another thing that helps it sensing enemies.

above

Pangoro wins with better stats distribution and design

Welcome aboard, make yourself at home! Our club's Pokemon Hunts activity is gonna premiere soon, please look forward to it!

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • 1. What do you think about Scrafty's design? - I do think that Scrafty's design is pretty cool. In terms of all the Gen 5 Pokemon, it's not my favorite in design, nor is it my favorite design when it comes to other Fighting types, but I do think that it is pretty cool.

2. The Scrafty line is unique when compare to most of its Dark or Fighting-type peers, it is defensively tough while it has an above avarage physical attack stat. What's your thoughts on Scrafty breaking the mould? - Well I don't know what mould is so I can't say anything. But in terms of a Pokemon that breaks the mold with it being more defensive, I think that it helps Scrafty benefit from it since he is primarily weak to physical attacks from other Fighting types and Flying attacks, and with the introduction to Fairy and Scrafty being 4x weak to Fairy, it is good that he is specially defensive for them.

3. In which aspect Scrafty is better than Pangoro? And in which part worse than Pangoro? - Well as mentioned before it has better defenses than Pangoro, both physically and specially which does benefit it when it comes to surviving attacks. Where I think Pangoro does better is in 2 areas. First is its design, and I will admit, this is my own bias speaking. Second, is that with the combination of moves and stats, Pangoro is more of a heavy hitter than Scrafty.

4. Why does Pancham evolves into a Pangoro with a Dark-type Pokemon in the party? Why not just simply evolves when it reached the level of 32? What makes Pangoro a Dark-type Pokemon except the obvious black color from its body? - It's pretty much like a transition and bad influence. Since Dark type is referred to as Evil type in Japan, it's pretty much going from a cute Playful Pancham who can't be taken seriously because it's too cute and is not that intimidating and it's getting a bad influence from the Dark type and becoming more intimidating and violent. I can't think of a reason what makes Pangoro a Dark type other than that it has a violent temperament.

5. Pangoro's Pokedex entry says, 'It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.' Make theory how does it sense the opponents' movements through the leaf. I would have to say that it has to be that with the leaf is that the slightest movement from enemy moves that causes some sort of wind disturbance, and Pangoro sense it. I honestly don't know X3.

6. What's your thoughts behind the Dark/Fighting dual typing? Well since Fighting and Dark are two favorite types, it is easy for me to say that a Fighting/Dark type is easily one of my favorite type combinations.

- Pangoro, easily

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Huh-yaa!! Welcome to our club!! I'm sorry the late welcome. -bows-

Please make yourself at home!

Mickey, since we have a new member now, I'm officially promoting you as our second in command for this club! ^_^ Please keep on being awesome!

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Chips alterations:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Mickey has received:
    150 Chips for winning the Clash!
    400 Chips as a staff of this club.
    Absol!!! has received:

Pokemon Hunts is premiering for less than 2 days (of my timezone), please look forward to it!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I'm gonna introduce a new topic.

Create your own Fighting-type move.

German Suplex
    Type: Physical
    BP: 100
    PP: 10
    Contest Category: Tough
    Has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target. Affected by Sheer Force.
    Accuracy: 95%

Learned by: most Fighting-type Pokemon, Druddigon, Tornadus-T, Haxorus, Tyranitar, Scizor, Girafarig and Snorlax.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • Mickey, since we have a new member now, I'm officially promoting you as our second in command for this club! ^_^ Please keep on being awesome!

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Chips alterations:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Mickey has received:
    400 Chips as a staff of this club.

Yay! Thank you Sun! I will do my best to help the club out in anyway possible :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Quoted for notifications

Quoted for notifications

I'm sorry, we don't do topics here since I took over. We have a new concept (at least for the 3 clubs I currently own): free flow of conversation + fun and engaging activities. Clubs should be fun, instead of restricting!~ But hey, I am not teaching you how to operate a club, rather than telling you my beliefs and how I run. (: Having said that, fellow fighters feel free to respond! Try to participate our fun activities too, Vodka! Literally, this club wouldn't be the same without you, as you're a founding member of this club.

Members of the Fighting Dojo, I'm pleased to announce that we are gathering sign ups for our Pokémon Hunts' grand premiere. Whether you are able to participate the actual event or not, we would like you to support your friends and fellow club allies who participated this event!

We also have promotions for members of this club and its sister clubs, for more details please check out:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359752

Yay! Thank you Sun! I will do my best to help the club out in anyway possible :)

Thanks a lot, I might need you to work as a Battle Officer for the three clubs as well, you cool with that? And no, I'm not firing Ketsu, rather that you two are gonna share the club position which isn't a real club position. Lol

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • Thanks a lot, I might need you to work as a Battle Officer for the three clubs as well, you cool with that? And no, I'm not firing Ketsu, rather that you two are gonna share the club position which isn't a real club position. Lol
    If you need to, then I will be willing to help. :)

Back