• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I lost Kendra the Vibrava to the Pokemon I caught on Route 114, Ryuku the Spheal. Then I promptly lost Ryuku the Spheal to a wild Solrock, along with Miyamura the Ninetales and Briar the Roselia! I'm starting over...

Game: Pokemon Ruby
    Phantomness:
    Additional Rules: Must nickname all Pokemon, no duplicates, Shiny Clause on, HM slave allowed

My starter choices are Bellossom, Shellder, and Lickitung. I picked Bellossom and named her Amaranth.
    I easily defeated Brendan's Shellder.
    On Route 101 I caught a Wooper named Aaron.
    On Route 103 I failed to catch anything.
    On Route 102 I caught a Mightyena named Joyce.
    On Route 104 I caught a Charmander named Jamal. In Petalburg Woods I caught nothing.
    I beat Roxanne's Mareep and Wobbuffet and got the Stone Badge!
    In Rusturf Tunnel I used my Great Ball to catch a Flygon named Karim.
    In Granite Cave I caught a Hoothoot named Faye.
    On Route 109 I fished up a Slakoth named Lazy.
    On Route 110 I caught a Slowpoke named Lee.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Decided to start over, but now i'm gonna do a Pokemon Zeta Randomizer Nuzlocke!
    That's gonna be freakyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy XD
    Drifblim, Pelipper and Nidoqueen....hard choice.
    Took Drifblim. Called it "Blimpz Yo."
    First trainer i take on has a Lugia. Fucking perfect...
    Well never mind that was easy.
    Got the Hawlucha mystery gift, BUT, i'll release it for exchange to 2 pokemon to catch on the first route. So i got a Snover, and a Charmeleon. They are called Snowhite and FuegoX respectively.
    I battled a couple of trainers and saved there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I got to Wattson and between his Breloom and Sharpedo, got a total party kill... *cries*

Game: Pokemon Sapphire
    Player: Phantomness
    Additional Rules: No duplicates, Shiny clause on, can have HM Slave

So my starter choices were Raikou, Teddiursa or Exeggcute. I'll take Raikou thank you very much. I named him Francis.
    On Route 101 I caught a Skarmory named Aurum.
    On Route 102 I caught a Ponyta named Annette.
    On Route 103 I caught a Gorebyss named Pink.
    Off to Petalburg woods. I somehow managed to net me a Meganium named Kyle.
    On Route 104 I didn't catch anything.
    On Route 116 I caught a Beldum named Gin. Time to grind indeed...
    I beat Roxanne's Seedot and Mareep and got the first badge!
    In Rusturf Tunnel I caught a Skiploom named Sunny.
    I did not catch anything in Granite Cave.
    Beat Brawly's Teddiursa (awful thing) and Magnemite and got the Knuckle Badge!
    Went to Slateport and did the whole Team Aqua thing.
    On Route 110 I caught a Duskull named Ai.
    Beat Wattson's Clefairy, Shuppet and Tropius and got the Dynamo Badge.
    Failed to catch a Charizard on Route 117.
    Caught a Kirlia named Hiroshi on Route 112.
    Caught a Machoke named Dude in the Fiery Path.
    Did not catch a Typhlosion on Route 111. Rats!
    Caught an unnamed Omastar on Route 114.
    Lost Pink to a Forretress using self-destruct in Meteor Falls. I don't have another water-type! Put Ai on the team.
    Somehow beat Flannery's Wailord, Bayleef and Sandslash and got the Heat Badge.
    Went to fight Norman and got the Balance Badge because Aurum is awesome...
    Caught a Lombre named Gina on Route 118.
    Caught a Poochyena named Pooch on Route 123...
    On Route 119 I caught a Kingdra named Claire. Woohoo!
    Ai died while fighting a Team Aqua Grunt in the weather institute!
    Did not catch anything on Route 120.
    Beat Winona and got her badge...
    On Route 121 caught a Tentacruel named Hentai.
    On Mt. Pyre, caught a Miltank named Jean.
    Pretty much powered through the end game without catching any more Pokemon since I figured there was nothing worthwhile to catch (i.e. first Pokemon encounters tended to be stuff like Raticate, Wurmple, Lotad...)
    Got the other badges and I beat the Elite Four without anyone dying this time. ]]

Proof: http://picpaste.com/Pokemon_SapphireR-nFYdoVHV.png

R.I.P.
    Pink (Gorebyss) Lv. 3-29
    Ai (Duskull) Lv. 9-35

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Since my last run ended in a game over, I'd like to give it another shot.

Username: Nikashi
    Game: HeartGold
    Additional Rules: Removed trade evolutions, Starter Pokemon (completely random), Wild Pokemon (random), Static Pokemon (completely random), A blackout/whiteout is considered 'game over', and If the player runs into a Shiny Pokemon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. However, if it is not the first Pokemon encountered on the route/area, it may not be used in the party.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    Username:
    Game: Ultimate Run: Blue,silver,sapphire,platinum,heartgold,black,black 2
    Additional Rules: Nothing but it being a ultimate run.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    User:Monsoone12
    Game: ultimate run: red, gold, ruby, platinum, soulsilver, white, white2
    Additional rules: None

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    User: Landas1
    Game: red
    Additional rules: None
    btw can i use a different randomizer and add more randomied things

Corinton

Zodiac Assassin
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Username: Corinton
    Game: Leafgreen (though I plan on trying it on everything from R/B/Y to SS/HG and Black2/White2, since I can't do anything for 3DS yet...)
    Additional Rules: I did the normal randomization in the first post, but I'm adding a couple of things and doing what a couple others are. Shinies can be caught but can only be used if it was the first encounter. Legends can be caught but not used. Dupes Clause and HM slave will be in effect (If needed) Also, I will be playing this on my phone in my free time. I will update some info when I get started.

Edit: Change name to Pokecommunity name (though it doesn't fit in game so it became Scorpio.)
    Edit #2: So I didn't think ahead on the rules with this being a Randomized Nuzlocke... So I'm making legends useable again. Sorry for the change haha.

Last edited:

Corinton

Zodiac Assassin
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Okay, So I started even though I'm not on the challenger list yet.

My In Game Name: Scorpio
    Rivals Name: Xarafar (Trainer class being Rich Boy)
    Starter Choices: Gloom, Sudowoodo, and Groudon.
    I Chose Groudon, my rival chose Sudowoodo.

My adventure:
    Pallet Town: Obtained Groudon, fought rival with Sudowoodo.
    Route 1: Failed to catch first encounter which was a Spoink.
    Viridian City: Nothing major.
    Route 2: Caught Cleffa.
    Viridian Forest: Caught Exeggcute.

My Pokemon:
    Skye (Groudon)
    Clark (Cleffa)
    Omelette (Exeggcute)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    username: Rebel99
    Game: Pokémon Black
    Additional Rules: none
    Started my adventure by picking my starter out of the choices of doduo,lopunny, and burmy(great choices I know) so naturely I chose doduo and named him Split. Route 1 found level 2 Zekrom. was thunderfanged down to 2 health first hit.
    Ran back home to heal.
    Route 2 found a togekiss used every pokeball and caught it. Named him eggman
    this is shaping up to be a fun playthrough already.

well I gave up on my black run as the emulator is just too slow for me. so im doing a different one
    Username rebel99
    Game emerald
    additional rules none.
    after several failed attempts to get started(starters were BS such as choosing a ho-oh and the only move it knew was whirlwind) I finally came to my starter pokemon a glalie which named goalie. my rival cyclist joe(may) picked the mighty hoppip. route 1 my first encounter was an altaria which I caught and name allteary but it died during training as it was only lvl 2. route 2 I caught a swallow which i named swallow. and route 3 I caught a gloom which I named shrooms. those were my most important catches and moments up until the trick masters house where i found a masterball(randomized items ftw) and now on route 17 i encountered and used the masterball on a mighty groudon which i named grouchon.
    My team so far: goalie lvl 21, shrooms lvl 20, swallow lvl 23 and grouchon lvl 11.
    dead list:wiggly tuff 2 ivysaurs octillery altaria and an aggron.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    I'm gonna do this on pokemon red since I haven't played it in a while. I also randomized the TM's and their compatibility to make it more interesting.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
  • Hey guys, sorry for the shit ton of inconvenience....
    Been a rough kind of time for me with a lot of exms coming up and a school "journy" (trip) for a week, in a week, so I asked Necrum to try and put a temporary owner. Meantime i'm still here, gonna type all of you in real quick, and that's it basically!
    EDIT: I get bored real easy after I stop playing for a while...and I still haven't finished my own challenge! Talk about annoyance...
    Pfft. Whatever, i'll just start a new one and stuff! On pokemon HeartGold (If this glitches on me I swear to god...)
    UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE
    Oak wanted to call me Talon so I went for it, that's a bad ass name! xD
    So the starters were Sunflora, Seel and Linoone...Idk who to pick
    Went for the Linoone, a female, and called her MissClaws.
    She got Pickup, which is gonna be very useful, and I can also put lots of HMs on her.
    So I stopped at route 30 because i'm busy.,,,but maybe i'll keep going later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Username: ArmyBox1
    Game: Emerald (Love this game)
    Additional Rules: -At the start, pokemon that I encounter before I have access to pokeballs will not be counted, as long as I don't use them for grinding.
    -Wild pokemon have similar power to their originals. Don't want any lv. 88 Pikachu's on route one.
    -Few minor changes, like the random OT's and Nicknames on in-game trades.
    -To ensure that I build strong relationships that make me cry when I lose them, I cannot replace a pokemon in my party unless it is killed or more than ten-fifteen levels under the second lowest leveled pokemon in my group. I will not give up on any pokemon. Ever (unless they die).
    -Legendaries such as Requaza do not count. That includes legendaries from the wild. Considering my previous rule of no replacements, I think that's pretty fair. (if a legnedary happens to be my first pokemon on a route, that also doesn't count because of the insanely low catch rates with pokeballs)
    -Oh, and one more thing. For every time I beat the Champion and Elite Four as a whole, not individually, I get 1 revive. That way, I'll make rounds to all my pokemon. Speaking of the Champion, when I get to the training before that, I will negate the swap-in rule, for strategy's sake.

Love this game, GL and HF,
    ArmyBox1

Update #1
    -Named myself Jason, as always
    -Got a Mightyena, named him Wolf, and May got a Spearow
    -Wolf already had leftovers because of randomization and all...
    -Bite seems to kill everything, but thank God it still has tackle, or I wouldn't catch anything
    -1st Route! Caterpie... F*%K
    - Named him Poptart because I'm always eating them. For example, right now.
    -Caught a Spearow and named her Ace, as always with my first flying type (I guess Ace isn't a great name for a girl, but it's all I could think of)
    -Caught a Whismur, named her Decibel

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Update #2
    -Lets see... Oh
    -I got a Nosepass on 104, named it nosey
    -Got a Gloom in the Forest (too laazy for names) (and spelling) at the expense of my Nosey (it died), and I named the Gloom Drool (that'll be an interesting Vileplume...)
    -Trained a bit. Poptart is a Butterfree. And he's my favorite.
    -Decibel is apparently a boss. Once she got Uproar she just 1 or 2-hitted everything.
    -Killed every legendary bird twice during training (lv. 3), along with Raiku and Entai twice and Deoxys (Four TIMES). That made training pretty easy.
    -Due to my personal rules, legendaries don't count for first encounters... Well, Have we got a show for you. I saw (and killed) Latias FOUR times IN A ROW before meeting with! A Tyranitar... F%#K
    -I caught it (like a boss). A level 6 Tyranitar named Adrian (Rocky?) Her stats are almost under Wolf's. She's Lv. 6. He's Lv. 12.
    -Caught a girl Houdour- named her Rachel (after my evil sister) She's in the box so I didn't bother checking stats since I can't use her anyway.
    -Roxanne's Nosepass replaced by an Unknown M (lol), but she had a Cyndaquil and a Trapinch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Okay, well, it seems my .sav file was corrupted, so I'll have to start all over... yay

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
  • It's really annoying, my whole post got deleted...Damn.
    Well, save got corrupted so I tried my luck at Pokemon White and randomized everything, I currently have only my starter, an Ice-type Zorua named Rawr, and he is level 12.
    My Slopoke, Poke, died against Bianca in her 2nd fight due to poison because I wasn't ready to fight her...goddamnit Bianca!
    I got a manectric from the adption lady at the dreamyard, named it Woof. (Names are so original around here.)
    I got my first badge! 1/8..that's gonna be so hard
    Killed the dreamyard encounter.
    Caught a Houndour on route 3 and named it Arf.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Wanted to start randomizer nuzlocke, seems like it could be fun. Could you me sign me up for this please:

Username: DarkArx
    Game: Platinum
    Additional rules: Have to nickname everybody

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    So I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put this challenge here, but since randomized Nuzlockes can't be put in the regular Nuzlocke thread...

Game: Pokemon Emerald 650 (I went through each map on A-map with a random # generator and filled in all the Pokemon, and then randomized Trainer's pokemon and the starters with the universal Pokemon randomizer)
    Additional Rules: Nickname all Pokemon

So my starter turned out to a Bulbasaur named Kusa. I took out May's Shellder and got the Pokedex.
    On Route 101 I managed to catch a Squirtle named Mizu using only one Poke Ball! Lucky!
    On Route 103 I caught a Zorua named Yami.
    On Route 102 I caught a Riolu named Hagane with Speed Boost, lucky!
    On Route 104 I caught a Pansage named Fenton. Into the box with you!
    In Petalburg woods I caught a Cyndaquil named Hino. Good thing I stocked up on Poke Balls…
    I beat Roxanne's Trapinch, Tentacool and Seel! Stone Badge get!
    On Route 116 I caught a Diglett named Gideon.
    In Rusturf Tunnel I managed to catch a Dratini named Ryuu.
    I fished up a Solosis named Esper in Dewford Town.
    I caught an Emolga named Rai in Granite Cave, but Esper died!
    Gideon died facing a wild Deino with Dragon Rage >.<
    I beat Brawly's Meditite, Carvanha and Pikachu and got the Knuckle Badge!
    On Route 110 I failed to catch a Lunatone.
    On Route 117 I caught a Snorunt named Lorelei.
    ...And Wattson utterly annihilated me, TPK, so that's the end of this run *cries* I don't have enough Pokemon to continue.

R.I.P.
    Gideon (Diglett) Lv. 6-9
    Esper (Solosis) Lv. 9-13

Trying again
    Game: Pokemon Emerald 650, same as above
    Additional Rules: Must nickname all Pokemon, Black out/white out is game over
    I got Jacqueline the Octillery while May got Swinub.
    On Route 101 I caught a Rotom named Armand.
    On Route 103 I caught a Numel named Kazan.
    On Route 102 I caught a Bronzor named Vachel.
    ...Roxanne Total Party Kill. This sucks...

Last edited:
    Back