• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    pikachu-1.png
    torchic.png
    chikorita2.png
    Hack Name
    chikorita.png
    torchic-1.png
    pikachu-2.png

RescueRangersBanner.png

pikachu-1.png
    Hack Of
    pikachu-2.png

POKéMON Ruby U.S. Version

torchic.png
    Awards
    torchic-1.png

how5textqg4.png
    how5bannerfk5.jpg
    20080703-me9k6jqus7p7q34nqcq36fb3pk.png
    nno85u.png

chikorita2.png
    Introduction
    chikorita.png

This will be the second version of Ruby Destiny. However, unlike the first version, which was Reign of Legends, where I only did almost all the stuff solo, this time, I wanna have a hack team to help me. So, my team and I introduces to you, POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers!

pikachu-1.png
    Story
    pikachu-2.png

You're just a simple and average kid living in the real world. The day has come, yes! It's your 12th birthday. To celebrate it, you invited 4 of your friends who, like you, loves POKéMON as well. But then, when you were about to begin, a strange aura came in the room and made you loose your consciousness.
    Once you woke up, you found yourself deep in the forest which you aren't familiar with, and then you heard strange cries of animals. You checked it out and to your surprise, you found a Torchic and a Chikorita for real, or, they found you.
    A dream come true, or a nightmare? They told you that you're a POKéMON as well, a Pikachu! Shocked and confused, they offered you to join their Rescue Team. Having nowhere else to go, you agreed. And so your journey, as a new being, begins.

torchic.png
    Story Chapters
    torchic-1.png

Spoiler:

chikorita2.png
    Features
    chikorita.png

Play as a PIKACHU
    Rescue Other PKMN Who Needs Help
    Chikorita And Torchic Will Be Your Partner
    The Three Main Characters(Pikachu, Torchic, Chikorita) Won't Evolve
    Heal With Nature; Healing Berries And Healing Plants
    New Tiles
    New Scripts
    New Overworlds
    No Catching Items

pikachu-1.png
    Screenshots and Videos
    pikachu-2.png

torchic.png
    Team
    torchic-1.png

destinedjagold
    Scripter, Mapper, OverWorld Editor, OverWorld Ripper
    Nicolas
    Spriter, Tiler
    C3LEBI-愛
    Graphic Editor
    Benevolent Wings
    Spriter, Sprite Shrinker, Main Alpha Tester, Graphic Editor
    Keyrin
    Spriter
    ~ShadowUmbreon~
    Beta Tester, President of the FanClub
    ShineGreymΘn
    Main Beta Tester
    EnirevTux
    Beta Tester

chikorita2.png
    Credits
    chikorita.png

Hacking Tool Creators - Awesome Hacking Tools
    thethethethe - Script Help, Script Tutorial
    Xiros - Script Help
    Fire Flame - Pidgey Overworld Sprite
    WAH - Cactus & Tree Tiles
    Ozumas - Mountain Tiles
    TotoMud - POKéMON OverWorlds
    ~Daisuke~ - Devihell Overworld
    Samson - Amorswan Sprite
    Mystery_Dungeon - Dratini Overworld Sprites
    EternalLight - Gardevoir Overworld Sprite
    Desperate Milotic - Mystery Dungeon Box & TM Disc Overworld Sprites
    Mr. C - Celebi & Steelix Overworld Sprites
    amyrosesweetie - Bellosom OverWorld Sprites
    Danskeren - Cyndaquil Overworld Sprites
    Sythes - Totodile Overworld Sprites
    emocresselia - Felinar Sprite
    Wichu - Giratina's True Form Reference Sprite
    revenge101 - Sprinephy Reference Sprite
    Forgotten Memory - Shaymin's Sky Form Reference Sprite & Website Hosting
    WraithPhantom73 - Shaymin's Sky Form Sprite
    Crossel - Shaymin Sky Forme Backsprite

pikachu-1.png
    Bugs And Glitches
    pikachu-2.png

Fixed Minor Deadly
    1. Seen the video? If you have, then don't choose 'No'...
    2. Torchic's OverWorld in the third mission is a tree...
    3. Some text error/typo...
    4. After reaching Garden Field from Veronica Town, save your game, for there's a script which doesn't work properly...
    5. Heading towards Mt. Krystal again will cause the Angeallen script again...
    6. Heading to Vapid Swamp will trap you there...
    7. Do not lose to Regirock...
    8. Do not lose to either Rayquaza and Angeallen in Mt. Krystal...
    9. Don't lose to Aquadine...
    10. Losing to any battles inside the Tower of Fate will cause some major glitches for unknown reasons...

torchic.png
    Banners
    torchic-1.png

Spoiler:

chikorita2.png
    Ending Message
    chikorita.png

Well, the reason for me to do this hack with my team is to create an enjoyable hack for you all. Knowing that there are lots of other excellent hacks around, I only wish to hack for fun, and not to compete with anyone here on the forum. Though we can't guarantee a perfect hack with no errors, I just hope you find this one a worthwhile ROM-hack to play.

Before playing the hack, be sure to read the rules on how to apply patches, and make sure that your Ruby ROM has the MUGS intro, as what you can see inside the spoiler in the screenshots.

If you found some bugs or errors in the game, please post them in the thread entitled POKéMON Ruby Destiny Help Thread located in the Scrapbox.

If you wish to post some feedback about this hack, please remember to read the rules, the POKéCommunity Global rules and as well as the Hack Showcase rules.

Also, always remember to have fun while playing the hack game. ;)

pikachu-1.png
    torchic.png
    chikorita2.png
    Download
    chikorita.png
    torchic-1.png
    pikachu-2.png

POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers Final Version 1.84

destinedjagoldnd4.png

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    this hack is defintiely reminiscent of that of mystery dungeon. Im not really a fan of that kind of game, but im still very much looking forward to this one. the overworld is good, and...what is with that zelda-esque (or is it not, or wat?) room in the third last screenie lol ? anyway gd luck to the team on this hack!

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Congratulations on getting it up :).
    It looks good so far, The best thing I liked about it were the three Pokemon?
    I don't know how you did it, (wouldn't the palettes be too small for three pokemon)?

I also recommend changing the tree, maybe using one of the threes from Fr or Emerald.
    I'll see if I can find it for you, it looks farely similiar, and would do a good job.
    I'll have it up in a few minutes.

Edit:
    Here ya go!, I think it's from emerald, not too sure.

Last edited:

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • .....I never thought you would include meh in the team when I helped you. Oh well. Nice outcome...(even though I see you hack EVERYDAY...). Still good luck. You'll need it. :P

Anyways, everything seems to be ok...for now.
    I will be expecting some of your "demands" in making you some sprites. Well....,

Au Revoir...

driger369

Fortitude Creed
    Years
  • This is going to be amazing! I'm waiting for MD2 so this is going to be the perfect way to wait! I can't wait to see it, good luck!

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yo DJG! Your hacck finally got into the show case! Good Luck! Oh and I got first post.

Lucky you to be the first one to post! :P
    Anyways, yeah, I'm glad it's up... :)
    That means we'll be working harder to give everyone a nice hack. ^^

this hack is defintiely reminiscent of that of mystery dungeon. Im not really a fan of that kind of game, but im still very much looking forward to this one. the overworld is good, and...what is with that zelda-esque (or is it not, or wat?) room in the third last screenie lol ? anyway gd luck to the team on this hack!

Thanks and I don't get you with your comment about the third-to-the-last screeny... :\
    I ain't no Zelda fan, though.., but thanks.
    Also, this ain't no remake of Mystery DUngeon, but it's like those games. ;)

Congratulations on getting it up :).
    It looks good so far, The best thing I liked about it were the three Pokemon?
    I don't know how you did it, (wouldn't the palettes be too small for three pokemon)?

I also recommend changing the tree, maybe using one of the threes from Fr or Emerald.
    I'll see if I can find it for you, it looks farely similiar, and would do a good job.
    I'll have it up in a few minutes.

Edit:
    Here ya go!, I think it's from emerald, not too sure.

Er, well, thanks, but I spent 5 days just to work on one tree tile.., so I think I'll be keeping the old tree.
    Thanks anyways.

.....I never thought you would include meh in the team when I helped you. Oh well. Nice outcome...(even though I see you hack EVERYDAY...). Still good luck. You'll need it. :P

Anyways, everything seems to be ok...for now.
    I will be expecting some of your "demands" in making you some sprites. Well....,

Au Revoir...

Ahahah! :D
    Thanks.., bro. :D

This is going to be amazing! I'm waiting for MD2 so this is going to be the perfect way to wait! I can't wait to see it, good luck!

Thank you. =3

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey, thanks!
    I love them! =3

And.., er... :\
    The beta's already ready... :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I can't believe this is finally here!
    YAY!!!!!!!!
    I'll play the beta after school today.
    I got half days today and tomorrow.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Three Main Characters(Pikachu, Torchic, Chikorita) Won't Evolve

Can't they evolve after completing the main story? You know like in the Mystery Dungeon games?

Be nice to have stronger pokemon unless there is a reason why they won't evolve.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wooh its up im so happy litterally came here every day to see if its up so if you need any ideas ill be avalible and also for mappin. I also redid a lot of maps in reighn of legends to make it look better
    (in my opion of course)

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Can't they evolve after completing the main story? You know like in the Mystery Dungeon games?

Be nice to have stronger pokemon unless there is a reason why they won't evolve.

the main reason why they won't evolve is because it could ruin the balance of the game... For instance, the overworlds... and the back sprite... :\

Legend12

A Legend
    Years
  • Man this is so cool. Nice work. I am sure you will fix all your bugs very soon and I can't wait to play the Beta. Your games are always the best! xD

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • oh my god rescue rangers is up, this hack is like nothing ive seen, you have offically out =done yourself

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Looks very good, but 1 thing:
    WHY???????? WHY PIKACHU????
    I know it´s THE Pokémon, but really, I don´t like it^^ (It´s just me, I think lol)
    Why don´t you let the player choose? Like in Mystery Dungeon, without the questions...

And hey, did you make these Overworlds?

Anyways, good luck,
    Bombah!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • First, good luck on this new project.
    And, I know it's still a bit early to give a rushed opinion, so I'll wait till this takes a bit more of shape. An interesting idea, but... it's really weird to see the oversized Pikachu OW talking with real people (O.O), and I'm curious about how the three Pokémon will battle...(:S) That's all I'll say.

But I'll check it out often. It'll improve, I'm sure of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back