• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Attack Animation?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I really liked the animations of Shockwave, Ice Beam and Moonlight. Out of these three, Moonlight had the best animation.

Trainer 781

superpower is totally badass. meteor mash too. leaf blade is cool

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Hydro Pump.
Hydro_Pump_III.png

Years
Surf and Thunderbolt! Something about them was really satisfying to watch. Maybe it's because they annihilated almost anything in the third generation for me, aha. xD;;

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I was really impressed with Thunder's animation when I first saw it used in a contest I was participating in. I also like Leaf Blade, looks awesome, slice n' dice!

Years
A lot of people are saying Thunder, and I have to agree. You legitimately felt like a champion using that move, and it looked extremely powerful, too.

I'm actually also going to say Brick Break, too. Like zomgitscathy said a few posts above me, I loved see it actually breaking through the screen. It always made me feel like, "Ha, you're not strong enough to defend against me!"

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the animations of Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower because they look so dynamic. For nostalgia, it's Mud Shot, from spamming it all the time.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
As long as it has circles, yeah. Bubble, Bubblebeam, Mud Shot and the like. One of my favorites without circles include Ice Beam, Surf, Muddy Water, Flamethrower, Petal Dance, Sweet Scent and Moonlight (I think it still counts as a circle)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2022
I LOVE toxic... It's amazing, the sound effect is also nice, solarbeam is also a good one.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Thunder were always really cool to me because of how it made the opponent's Pokemon go into negative color for a moment. That's why Tri Attack is so cool as well. It combines Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Thunder with that cool negative effect.

Some other awesome ones are Rollout, Brick Break, Fly, Superpower, and Giga Drain.

Back