• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Attack Animation?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2021
My favourite was Leaf Blade for sure, Sceptile slicing everything to death. I often found myself copying the animation with my arms in the air... don't do this in public.

dresden_88

Warden
Years
i think my favourite attack animation is a toss-up between volt tackle and fire blast. the overall quality of the animation has substantially improved from the days of red/blue. fire blast actually looks really freaking awesome in gen 3 to be honest.

Years
Aside from the aforementioned Superpower, I really liked Hydro Pump's animation in Gen III. Those twin shots of water look boss together, and I actually like it more than its animations in the later generations.

Years
Water Pulse, Hydro Pump and Surf pretty much had my fave attack animations of 3rd Gen. Shows how cool Water moves looked in a region that's full of it. Oh, and Water Gun involving a water droplet thrown onto the opponent was kinda funny especially compared to the later animations of the move.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I also realize that Icy Wind looks really damn cool. *heh "cool"

Icy_Wind_III.png

From Bulbapedia

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Leaf Blade was definitely my favorite, I clearly remember transferring one of my Sceptiles and using it in Generation 4 and being very disappointed by the animation change. I really loved how a lot of animations were pretty simple in Gen 3, like Signal Beam and Ice Beam.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Gosh this is tough, they're all so nice and a huge upgrade from the second generation. I guess I always really admired the artwork in Sheer Cold, so that's definitely one of my top picks. Psychic and Thunder are up there as well, and to round out the top five I'll throw in Solar Beam and Tri Attack! n__n;

Yeah, Tri-Attack was actually a pretty cool one. I loved how those triangle-shaped figures would spin into your opponent, and eventually strike them with thunder, fire, and ice. It sucks that they wound up replacing it in later games, though. Only thing they probably should have done, I believe, is to perhaps just changes its texture, so that it'd be more suitable for the updated graphics and whatnot.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Gosh this is tough, they're all so nice and a huge upgrade from the second generation. I guess I always really admired the artwork in Sheer Cold, so that's definitely one of my top picks. Psychic and Thunder are up there as well, and to round out the top five I'll throw in Solar Beam and Tri Attack! n__n;

Yeah, Tri-Attack was actually a pretty cool one. I loved how those triangle-shaped figures would spin into your opponent, and eventually strike them with thunder, fire, and ice. It sucks that they wound up replacing it in later games, though. Only thing they probably should have done, I believe, is to perhaps just changes its texture, so that it'd be more suitable for the updated graphics and whatnot.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I really liked Outrage. It looks just like what the move's called - an outrage. Complete with crazy circling and fire sprites. n_n

Years
I don't know why, but Blast Burn honestly looked sick for me, also good ol' ones like Flamethrower, Ice Beam or Surf look pretty cool.

Years
To me, Eruption had the coolest animation of Gen 3; it was very fun to watch my Camerupt rain destruction down on my opponents >:D the background turning red and the screen shaking greatly added to the visual effect of the move as well

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Thunder is my personal favourite, although Tri Attack, Sheer Cold and Blast Burn were all particularly memorable as well.

Oh, and I like how Return's animation changed depending on how close your Pokemon was to you. The screen darkening and the multiple hits becoming stronger and stronger really gave you a sense that you'd raised that Pokemon right.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
My favorite attack animation was definitely Brick Break. It looked really cool when Hitmonlee used it. I hate how they made it looked in 4th Gen and on.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Call me strange, but... Will-O-Wisp. Sorry. It's just... really funny to watch. My second pick would be Ice Beam tho. It's sound effect was pretty HM02 as well. :p

Back