• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

February 14th

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Might call a perennial admirer (a Vietnamese male model who has wanted me for like 6 months) and see if they have any plans, otherwise I'll enjoy a nice bottle of wine and watch an Alien/Aliens double feature. Spending the day with Sigourney Weaver is a much better idea than getting all worked up about finding someone to do something remotely lovey dovey with. The only time I've been in a relationship during Valentine's was last year and we didn't care one bit. I'm a very romantic person, but on my own terms.

Years
  • I'm going to the Australia vs. England cricket match with my husband, father in-law and one of my husband's friends. It's not even remotely romantic but I've never really been into Valentine's Day anyway. I'll probably buy a small box of chocolates for him though.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Valentine's Day is the spawn of satan poking you up the backside. I mean, sure its fun if you're gonna go out on a date and all, but work is gonna be an absolute nightmare. Why do you couples have to go out and eat at a restaurant, why?!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't get why people get upset over being alone on Valentine's Day. I'm not gonna go into the whole TV spiel about "oh it's just a holiday invented by greeting card companies" because while technically true that's been said to death and I really can't handle cliché.

But even assuming that everybody who is single is automatically miserable about it... why are you more miserable about that on Valentine's Day than any other day? If you're depressed over something as stupid and pathetic as being single then you deserve to be equally depressed every day of your life until either someone takes pity on you and actually dates you, or you die old and alone. Whichever comes first.

Additionally, I've been single every Valentine's Day of my life. Walking the streets and sitting in cafés on that day is pretty much identical to how it is on any other day in the calendar year. I notice no extraneous couply behaviour, no extra glints in people's eyes... it feels utterly identical to how it feels on February 13 and 15. So chances are it's all in your head anyway.

Buck up, there are worse things in life than being single. You could have ass cancer, but you don't. Or maybe you do, get that checked.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I seriously cannot read the word 'Valentine' anymore without thinking of the tank. Might draw it in some thematic manner for the sake of a pun.

Years
    1. buy condoms
    2. give bae a bracelet
    3. make cake-pops
    4. make steak
    5. eat cake-pops and steak
    6. watch 50 shades of grey
    7. get frustrated that there aren't any love hotels where i live
    8. probably watch more movies
    more or less in that order

Years
  • I pretty much have nothing planned, unless I can find a girl to come with me to Friday's dance (which I probably won't). Not that the holiday even means anything to me, anyway, it really comes off as another normal day to most people (and it's a Saturday for that matter).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I went to Disneyland on Feb 14th with my first (and longtime) boyfriend. It was the greatest day of my life, but thinking about it now, I still cherish those memories. I will admit it was really fun. if you guys are still looking for a thing to do, you should consider going to disneyland haha

All in all, I actually have plans for Valentines Day. I have a date with the stockroom lead in the stockroom at work. We're not going to be eating dinner or anything. Instead, we're going to be receiving the truck and stocking merchandise while we talk about Pokemon. Fun date, huh?

in all seriousness i am single and don't plan to date anyone right now. i treat Feb 14 as a regular day, and I actually requested to work that day because...why not? :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't really understand why people get upset on Valentine's Day... maybe because I'm younger than a lot of people on here and I've never been in a relationship, but I've never thought that it was different than any other day, except that there seems to be more chocolate everywhere. I don't get depressed or anything and I will probably spend my Saturday the same way I spend every other one.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    honestly i don't have anything planned and i'm not going to feel too bad about being single. i will avoid instagram tho, i need to dodge those forever aloners and those needy posts. i'm probably just gonna go to the gym, go looking for a prom dress and get some chinese.

Years
  • honestly i don't have anything planned and i'm not going to feel too bad about being single. i will avoid instagram tho, i need to dodge those forever aloners and those needy posts. i'm probably just gonna go to the gym, go looking for a prom dress and get some chinese.

normally you'd get some chinese, but i'm taken

jk

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    My partner and I decided we'd just spend the day in playing video games/watching movies. We may go out to grab dessert at some point, but we'd rather not go out for dinner since it'll be so busy. A local movie theatre is doing these fancy "date nights" on Wednesdays, so we may go to one of those once a decent film is playing.

Otherwise agreeing with a bunch of the comments here. I've been single on Valentine's Day plenty of times, and it didn't have to be this awful, depressing day. One of my most memorable Valentine's Days was when I attended a protest with my friends.

Buck up, there are worse things in life than being single. You could have ass cancer, but you don't. Or maybe you do, get that checked.
    I agree with the sentiment that being single is seriously not that big of a deal, but to say "at least you don't have cancer" is taking it a step too far, imo. Even if it's tongue-and-cheek, any phrase that starts with that sentiment makes me wary. "Your parents abused you as a child? At least you had parents!" While I agree that people whining about this topic is annoying and should stop, I don't think saying "at least x horrible thing hasn't happened to you" is especially helpful.

However, there is someone from my Skype contacts who is interested in having a boyfriend, but I don't know, it feels too easy.
    Er, what do you mean, "it feels too easy"? Isn't it ten times less stressful if a relationship is "easy"?

~Psychic

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Er, what do you mean, "it feels too easy"? Isn't it ten times less stressful if a relationship is "easy"?

~Psychic

What I meant is that you're suppose to work hard to get yourself a relationship; it should never be this simple because of the phrase "life is not fair," or else the ship will sink faster than the Titantic.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    What I meant is that you're suppose to work hard to get yourself a relationship; it should never be this simple because of the phrase "life is not fair," or else the ship will sink faster than the Titantic.
    Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to say that you're making a pretty baseless assumption here. "Life is not fair" does not mean "Everything in life must be a fight and a struggle." "Life is not fair" means that just because you're a good person, does not mean good things will always happen to you. It means bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. You really misinterpreted that expression.

Yeah, sometimes you have to work hard to find somebody you can form a deep, meaningful connection with. Sometimes you have to work hard to maintain a loving, healthy relationship. But sometimes it comes naturally and easily. When that's the case, just accept it and be grateful for it. Don't ignore an opportunity just because you didn't fight tooth and nail for it.

~Psychic

Back