• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Someone has asked this question, but I don't want Zel to miss his post so I'll ask again. Can you use your current, (beta 3.5) save on the next, (beta 4) save?

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • Well actually, I did find a handful of them in my first file (which mysteriously disappeared without my consent). I caught a Nincada, Roselia, Wingull, Mawile, Lotad, Gulpin, & Zigzagoon, but now they've all run away with my previous save file.

I won't give up on finding more Hoenn pokemon. Thanks for inspiring me to do better Jompa!

Marshtomp8: You can bring your save file over to the next beta as long as you patch a clean ROM next time, that is, once the next beta even comes out.

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Someone has asked this question, but I don't want Zel to miss his post so I'll ask again. Can you use your current, (beta 3.5) save on the next, (beta 4) save?

Well since Zel has changed the tiles, and implemented changes to parts of the game before Ice Cave (eg. Red Gyarados) you should really restart to appreciate Zel's work

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Hello all,

First post and...I don't think I'm violating any rules, so here goes...I'm presently stuck in gym 7. It seems that some tile or something that would let me get to Pryce. Have I got an older version or something? I've looked at the area for oh, 10 minutes, and can't see a solution, so I'm rather sure something is missing. I could be wrong...but I think I covered all angles. So, what's the verdict...?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2008
    What I did was I held spacebar and slid around on the ice until I got to him, And ZEL,AWSOME JOB!!! I love this game can't wait 'til beta 4

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Not playing it til Beta 4, your girl sprites are awesome and wanna play as her, so I'm not gonna restart XD (Original file got destroyed -.-)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • About how many Game play hours is the beta? I'm compiling a collection of betas that have enough done that you can actually get into them.

I think I have 40 or 50+ hours, and keep in mind I don't like being lots of hours training... X)

the heroine looks awesome zel, great great job!!! Cant wait to see what event you have cooked up for them, is it going to be in this beta or the next??

Yes, everything you saw till now is gonna be included in the next release.

Zel i have a question xD
    I was wondering if Mewtwo gets an event in the game .
    i just ask this because mewtwo isn't in the cerulean cave so :p
    you dont need to tell everything just the answer yes he wil get an event in the game or no xD

Mewtwo will be in the Ruins of that Cave, but there's gonna be an event there, so don't think you'll actually catch him there.

Great job on the red Gyarados and the girl heroine sprite! Ohh I can hardly wait for the next beta ^_^

Ah... The idea about it was having girls' comments on my female trainer sprite... ^.^
    Well, since they'll most likely play as that sprite, I wanted their opinion... :P

Also, it helps greatly to read the first post of a thread, and to make sure a question has not been asked and answered before, using the search function in a thread to find occourences of that question is also a great help.

Seems like I will have to sit one of these days and start getting more questions for my FAQs, since people don't like to use the "Search function", Scizz. XD

Zel was wondering in g/s/c the punches ice,fire and thunder were tms u could buy from goldenrod just wandering how ur gona put them in shiny gold?

The thing is that there is no way (well, I haven't searched lots and lots, but...) to modify what move is taught by TMs or Move Tutors. This is most likely, something that will have a cure.
    But, in the meantime, there's no way to teach the elmental punches.

I have a question..in this hack, what level is Lugia?

Lv70, as in the original.

Well since Zel has changed the tiles, and implemented changes to parts of the game before Ice Cave (eg. Red Gyarados) you should really restart to appreciate Zel's work

He's right. Still, I think you are able to use old saves over new betas, as long as you save somewhere safe, like inside of a Pokemon Center, and as long as I don't add stuff previously that may require the use of flags.

I checked my Pokedex...there are heaps of Hoenn Pokemon in Mt Mortar.

In fact, there are a lot of places that share the same location, because I used the Chambers from FR, and they all share the same location. So, there's gonna be a lot of pokemon sharing this same location as well. Don't trust much on the info on the pokedex, or at least know that pokes there could be in any of the "sharing locations"

Well, that's all I have now. Unfortunately, this is gonna be a heavy week for me. So pretty much I'm gonna be offline the whole week, and I won't have much news to share. I also need to organize myself, or I may not survive this week. So, it would be prefered if you lower the quantity of posts in the thread for now (after all, there are other cool hacks to talk about XD)
    By the way, I also disabled my private messaging, so don't waste your time sending me PMs. I'm not gonna be around to answer them.

Well, need to go. I'll be back sometime around this weekend. Sorry for having to "disappear" for a while, but I need to do so. Sigh... :D
    Don't worry, for "I'll be back" *Logs off thinking he was Arnold...* XD

Aid

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    Hey Zel, wonderful hack, I love it! I cant wait for beta 4, gonner be awesome. :)

Just one thing though, I dunno if it has been mentioned before but at the top floor of the radio tower during the TR event, there are two people, a woman and a guy, when I talk to the guy its like talking to Nurse Joy at a PC, and he heals my PKMN. :\ Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Also, if you do the glitch where you go to Route 4, then go to Oaks lab to pick up another starter, random battles will never appear with a Pokemon you have first other than the new starter, it happened to me and had to restart. :\

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    What I did was I held spacebar and slid around on the ice until I got to him

The only problem is that I can't see the proper path to Pryce. I think I downloaded an old version...was there a version that stopped around Pryce's gym, perhaps with an incomplete access route to the gym leader?

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ManaphyLv100
    I checked my Pokedex...there are heaps of Hoenn Pokemon in Mt Mortar.

In fact, there are a lot of places that share the same location, because I used the Chambers from FR, and they all share the same location. So, there's gonna be a lot of pokemon sharing this same location as well. Don't trust much on the info on the pokedex, or at least know that pokes there could be in any of the "sharing locations"

Oh well, actually, I think I can tell now which Pokemon are in which location.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    The only problem is that I can't see the proper path to Pryce. I think I downloaded an old version...was there a version that stopped around Pryce's gym, perhaps with an incomplete access route to the gym leader?

Nope this beta goes to ice path and the previous went to the lighthouse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back