• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everyone except me!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
  • do you ever have moments in life you see people do stuff or see people have certain stuff and all you can think is: everyone does this or has got that...except me!

I have that every now and then and a recent thing is about shoes...
    Everywhere i go, i swear to the dear lord, everywhere, girls are wearing either adidas, uggs, allstars, nike etc shoes...except me.
    Makes me feel like wearing normal priced shoes, like i do, is like almost a crime or something, its just not allowed or something lol

Even if i could afford incredible overpriced shoes...i still wouldn't but thats probably just me... I rather spend that money on a couple of jeans or shirts... Not just one pair of shoes... Oh well

Share experiences​

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm just so glad I'm not a disgusting heathen who eats avocado

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Sometimes, I feel same as you, when everyone is wearing some real cool stuff I just wearing a basic collar t-shirt and long pants with a pair of normal shoes.

But thinking the other way around, do I really need to buy these brandy and overpriced clothes or items while you can get same quality with cheaper price so I can just save the money and spend something more important to me like books, etc.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have experiences like this, but it's not often. Usually, it's a matter of action not stuff or objects. I always feel more envious of kids who seem so carefree and playful. It often makes me wish I could be that way. Mostly because of my overly severe anxiety. I just want to be carefree and be able to do things without constant worry of something going wrong, you know?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I had that feeling when everyone in my group of friends had a DS and playing Pokemon and I was the only one without a DS. This was when D/P/Pl was out and that is the only generation I didn't play. I was stuck playing the older games on the Game Boy Advance.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I have experiences like this, but it's not often. Usually, it's a matter of action not stuff or objects. I always feel more envious of kids who seem so carefree and playful. It often makes me wish I could be that way. Mostly because of my overly severe anxiety. I just want to be carefree and be able to do things without constant worry of something going wrong, you know?
    practice makes perfect?{:3}​

I had that feeling when everyone in my group of friends had a DS and playing Pokemon and I was the only one without a DS. This was when D/P/Pl was out and that is the only generation I didn't play. I was stuck playing the older games on the Game Boy Advance.
    oh thats tough man, i feel you
    i hope you got a 3DS now{XD}

Kinda, try not to though. I don't think it's good to compare yourselves to others constantly. It can be hard but you'll feel a lot better just focussing on what you have, do and enjoy, haha.

it is not like i keep comparing myself to all other girls i see outside in the world
    it is just that it sometimes catches my attention stuff like that
    and i was on holiday this week, in another country and i noticed it is the same there as well and just thought it was kinda funny how some things are no different anywhere you go​

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • There are definitely situations where I've felt left out both on and offline.

I won't detail them all; there are plenty to list. Sure, people could blame me, and some blindly do; without regard to any context. I try not to stick around people like that. Blame shouldn't be placed without respect to someone's personality.

There are also many times where everyone but me has seen some piece of media or whatever. I just shrug and move on at those; If I couldn't devote time/money/resources to it, so be it. It'll usually come to me free at some point. Sometimes I purposefully exclude myself from indulging something due to the sheer popularity. I find that it's much more difficult to share honest feelings with a bunch of rabid fanboys and fangirls who are too busy fangasming about the media in question to hold an intelligent conversation about it.

Even after the afterglow fades, the fandom has cooled down from it's critical point and people become more navel gazing about it, you still catch pockets of really hyper fans. So often if something is a smash hit; you can bet it'll be a year or so before I deign to find it and investigate. That way I can enjoy the art in my own special way and derive my own special meanings without being told "This is what it means." by rabid fans who will tolerate no other way of thinking.

Years
  • I'm a contrarian so this is usually how everything goes. I feel like any group needs a devil's advocate and I just feel bothered when everyone agrees on something quickly, especially when it's something that gets agreed to before consulting other people. Happens a lot with my group. Someone says "let's watch this movie" and two or three other people will say "yeah, let's do it" and before I have a chance to say anything they take it for granted that it's a done deal and then I'm in the position of going along with it when I may not want to, or coming off as a difficult person who just wants to be negative.

I'm just so glad I'm not a disgusting heathen who eats avocado

I feel insulted on behalf of my fellow avocado-eating heathens.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    oh thats tough man, i feel you
    i hope you got a 3DS now{XD}

I was as I got one of the specials when X and Y came out. I got one of the 3DS XL's and I love it. And after using mine so much I don't know how anyone can see anything on those small screens. xD

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Uh, well, I don't have a cellphone. Never was a big priority for me. Was always easier to talk to my friends over Facebook.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Uh, well, I don't have a cellphone. Never was a big priority for me. Was always easier to talk to my friends over Facebook.

I've never been one that's attached to my cell phone it's more of a I need it in case something were to happen. It's rare to find a pay phone now a days.

Years
  • When people are able to get games upon release and I have to wait, I feel that way xD
    Because it seems like EVERYONE does.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    OK SO like maaany years ago that was getting modded and finding a shiny lol I was like omg everyone but me!! OH and a relationship but I was like crushing on people so I didn't care. There's still a lot of things that are in that category but I've tended to disregard them - like having one female best friend. Every girl ever seems to have that and anyone I've ever had has disappeared. But it doesn't matter, cuz I got Ryan and he is my best friend. c: Still sometimes it plays on my mind.

Like, so many parts of my life that I've gone through it's like... it all feels real. Like everything feels crazy when it all happens to you. You've gone through like so long hoping and wishing and then the things happen and it's like... nothing is impossible. Sometimes when one thing happens though that sets off like... the side of mind that goes 'hey how did this stuff ever happen to you???' you just think back on EVERYTHING that you've had or done that you think was like never going to happen. And the majority did. And in a crazy way that's why I know my dreams can come true (not literal dreams I haven't had great dreams since 2008 lol) because those sort of things can happen to people like me. Even if it doesn't I remember EVERYTHING I've gone through and it's like... damn. Shit does happen.

I know it's corny but I never really considered a shiny in generation six a proper one cuz of the appearance rate. And like a few days ago finding a shiny in like a real game brought back that nothing is impossible feeling. I dunno. When something like that happens it's like insane. I know it's ONLY a shiny but going through 12 years without one at all (til 2013, but as I said, gen 6 shiny). I guess people who have felt left out (which honestly I have most of my life, like I don't feel like the average person going through the average experiences) some things have more significant meanings than me.

I probably went completely offtopic from the original topic but whatever. I WAS FEELING IT.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Occasionally I have to tell people that I don't use a mobile phone. It's not something I feel left out of though, I just don't consider it useful for me and never bothered.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • It rarely happens with me, but I can't help but feel envious every now and again. I just remind myself to be happy for their accomplishments and for their advantages in life, while reminding myself that good things are coming my way as long as I apply myself.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I used to be the only person I knew irl who didn't have a cell/smartphone. It didn't bother me in a personal way, but it was extremely awkward in school and social settings when everyone around me would be on their phones while I was just kind of... there.

Otherwise, this probably describes me whenever a popular new game is released, whether or not I could care less about it; my friends will always get it right on the first day, while I'm forced to wait for either my birthday or Christmas to come around. I'm always left out of the related discussions and festivities until I can finally pick up my own copy... and by then, they'll have usually beaten the game(s) and moved on to something else. u.u; Talk of said game will usually also swamp every forum I visit and spoilers will start turning up on places like YouTube. I was doomed to this for a while when Pokemon X & Y first dropped.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yeah, just seems like every man and his dog has Netflix nowadays, whereas I do not. I don't really mind, as I said in a previous thread, I tend not to invest myself too heavily into TV shows, and I rarely have the time to 'binge-watch' things these days; but it does make conversation somewhat awkward when people are talking about shows like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad and i'm just there like "...yup".

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I feel as if lots of people my age are relaxing constantly, whereas I'm working my tail off during the school year. Everyone is asking me what Netflix shows I'm watching and what video games I'm playing, but I don't have time outside of my activities and schoolwork... is everyone else just better at time management, or am I working myself way too hard when I should be enjoying myself?
    sounds like you probably work harder or too much compared to others indeed
    remember to give yourself some relaxation every now and then
    also, don't forget a lot of teens are just hell lazy so maybe thats why you feel like you working hard as fak whilst they cba to do much really
    i am sure you know what i mean​

Yeah, just seems like every man and his dog has Netflix nowadays, whereas I do not. I don't really mind, as I said in a previous thread, I tend not to invest myself too heavily into TV shows, and I rarely have the time to 'binge-watch' things these days; but it does make conversation somewhat awkward when people are talking about shows like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad and i'm just there like "...yup".
    you do realise you not need netflix for you to be able to talk with them about such stuff
    netflix is just a fancy way to get access to series in HD​

When people are able to get games upon release and I have to wait, I feel that way xD
    Because it seems like EVERYONE does.
    i know EXACTLY how that feels
    i feel you
    always same with me and games​

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Everyone in my age bracket (25 and around) is getting pregnant, starting families, wearing suits, sacrificing their things, and claiming to be "all grewn up" while I'm busy still ripping and tearing demons, commies, and carrying boosted monkeys in online multiplayer.

Back