• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everyone except me!

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
    People younger than me with families, I mean I'm on the verge of 24 and I'm only just engaged.

And random shiny encounter's or decent wonder trades.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    Everyone in my age bracket (25 and around) is getting pregnant, starting families, wearing suits, sacrificing their things, and claiming to be "all grewn up" while I'm busy still ripping and tearing demons, commies, and carrying boosted monkeys in online multiplayer.

People younger than me with families, I mean I'm on the verge of 24 and I'm only just engaged.
    i know exactly how you two feel
    i am 23 and i am nowhere near all them ''grown up'' things
    for crying out loud, i still do not know what to do with my life to be honest :|
    long story -_-​

Is it me or I'm the only one in PC who dosen't have a TV?
    possibly yes{XD}​

Years
    Pretty much the story of my life. My unconventional nature alienates me quite a lot. I think I'm a rebel by nature so I naturally go against the flow of what most others do.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is an idiot.

There, I completely missed the point of the thread and lowered my chances of ever making any friends on this forum. All in one post.

So, um... I guess I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't give a single toss about Game of Thrones. I'm in the "don't have Netflix" camp, and everyone else in my house uses it so it's not like I'm unable to. I just don't particularly care.

Also don't care about Doctor Who or the Legend of Zelda, which are just more things the people around me around me are into. No interest in watching any TV programs but I will certainly give Zelda another go.

And that's my list of petty things.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Hmm. Perhaps not now, in the past maybe. I remember going through secondary school I used the same mobile phone the whole time since it suited my needs and was small enough to fit into the pocket of my uniform skirt. Whilst everyone else around me was going through phones like the changing of seasons haha.

In fact just this year was the first time I've actually bought a new phone since that one I had back in school. Sure, I've used others in the meantime, but I either got them for free or received 'em from family members.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Smartphones mostly. I don't really see the need to get one and still use my nokia brick. Yet I have the feeling pretty much no one else still has a regular old styled cell phone.

But other than that, it's not a thought I often have.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Everyone is able to hang out with their friends and go to the mall or shopping or anything else every weekend they want by me.

Not me, I have an overprotective dad. :( Unless a friend of his is nearby where my friends are planning on hanging out, I'm not allowed to go out.

Also, everyone is allowed to stay home alone.

But me...

If nobody is going to be home, I have to either go somewhere with my brothers or my parents, but I'm literally not allowed to stay home alone. It is one of the things I want the most. I'd love it to come home one Friday from school and just go to the garden and read a book, but my dad doesn't like the thought of leaving me somewhere entirely alone.

It's annoying really.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Everyone except me seems to like pokemon and honestly I really only like the little blue squirrel one and the trash monster.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    Everyone is able to hang out with their friends and go to the mall or shopping or anything else every weekend they want by me.

Not me, I have an overprotective dad. :( Unless a friend of his is nearby where my friends are planning on hanging out, I'm not allowed to go out.

Also, everyone is allowed to stay home alone.

But me...

If nobody is going to be home, I have to either go somewhere with my brothers or my parents, but I'm literally not allowed to stay home alone. It is one of the things I want the most. I'd love it to come home one Friday from school and just go to the garden and read a book, but my dad doesn't like the thought of leaving me somewhere entirely alone.

It's annoying really.

how old are you?
    i semi understand your father if you below the age of 16
    although the hanging out with your friends... i would say , as long as you don't go too far with them, i wouldn't see it as much of a problem if i were him

if you still pretty young i can understand why he doesn't want you home alone though
    maybe also because today is a pretty scary world to live in, he just doesn't want anything bad happen to you and be able to protect you 24/7

on a side note,
    i swear everybody has got these except me
    Everyone except me!

i like them , i cannot wait to get them too, they so cute ... first things first though, JOB AKA MONEY

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Well, I'm really grateful for the things around me so I'm just going to say the one thing almost everybody has that I don't have & don't want.

Everybody seems to have white vans, converse, or just white shoes. Just why, your shoes are going to get dirty, might as well just all back shoes. + Why white out of all colors?? Or patterns?? You're telling me you'd paid the same amount of money for a cool patterned shoe just for an all-white shoe? cause wow, just wow.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Every girl except for me seems to be an expert at applying make-up. I've just never cared about learning the fine art of using all that stuff in an advanced manner. And if somebody thinks that's weird, I'll point at the guys around me and ask why they don't know that either. Why should I, just because I'm a woman? Pfft.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    how old are you?
    i semi understand your father if you below the age of 16
    although the hanging out with your friends... i would say , as long as you don't go too far with them, i wouldn't see it as much of a problem if i were him

if you still pretty young i can understand why he doesn't want you home alone though
    maybe also because today is a pretty scary world to live in, he just doesn't want anything bad happen to you and be able to protect you 24/7

I recently turned 13. I understand my dad's motivations but my older brothers are kinda similar to me in that they enjoy being alone sometimes and they remember being able to stay at home alone when they were my age. We also live in a gated community so the possibilities of having burglars or something is like, reaaaaally small.

He is slowly allowing me to do more things. I wasn't allowed to have a smartphone, even if I somehow saved money for one, but he gave me one in my birthday. I can also have friends over (as long as there are only girls) when my parents or brothers aren't around.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    Well, I'm really grateful for the things around me so I'm just going to say the one thing almost everybody has that I don't have & don't want.

Everybody seems to have white vans, converse, or just white shoes. Just why, your shoes are going to get dirty, might as well just all back shoes. + Why white out of all colors?? Or patterns?? You're telling me you'd paid the same amount of money for a cool patterned shoe just for an all-white shoe? cause wow, just wow.
    haha i know right, i feel the same BUT it is because white is cute and goes with a lot of stuff... you have to admit that
    if i would get the shoes i showed above, i would be really careful with them and try my best not to get them dirty, i would want them to stay white for as long as possible
    but a lot of people do not care and wear them at anytime , even if its raining
    but then again those are probably the people who got money enough to buy a new pair or another pair of shoes whenever they want.... i am not in that kind of position lol:|

the vans or converse are nice shoes but they way too pricy, its ridiculous​

Every girl except for me seems to be an expert at applying make-up. I've just never cared about learning the fine art of using all that stuff in an advanced manner. And if somebody thinks that's weird, I'll point at the guys around me and ask why they don't know that either. Why should I, just because I'm a woman? Pfft.
    it is like i am looking into a mirror
    you sound just like me!{XD} i am just like you
    honestly i cba because i like to stay in bed and not get up an hour earlier just so i can look all fake and ''perfect'' for the outside world... i rather get more rest instead​

I recently turned 13. I understand my dad's motivations but my older brothers are kinda similar to me in that they enjoy being alone sometimes and they remember being able to stay at home alone when they were my age. We also live in a gated community so the possibilities of having burglars or something is like, reaaaaally small.

He is slowly allowing me to do more things. I wasn't allowed to have a smartphone, even if I somehow saved money for one, but he gave me one in my birthday. I can also have friends over (as long as there are only girls) when my parents or brothers aren't around.
    i had a feeling you were really young{XD}
    anyhow, i cannot blame him really to be protective of you
    you should realise you not 17 or something
    you still very young and you got a lot to learn about people and life in general ;)
    but i agree he should allow you to be with friends whenever you want to but just not after crazy hours or too far away haha
    don't worry, im sure it will get better once you a bit older
    p.s. you know when i was your age 10 years ago, it was not a thing for kids that age to have a phone at all ;)​

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    I'm the only nerd I know who doesn't give a shit about Game of Thrones, Overwatch, Harry Potter, or Steven Universe. Different strokes and all that. I have pretty peculiar tastes in general, but I don't tend to get along well with the fandoms of most of the things I like.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    pretty much same as adventure, everyone around me seems to know how to do makeup in advanced ways, same with hair styling. it's like they just picked it up overnight! i'd absolutely love to learn more about make-up application and i'd like to learn more about how to dress and current fashion but i just can't seem to catch up with it. one day!

sidenote: the game of thrones books are bloody brilliant, tv show is not as good

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
    Brand name shoes are expensive? *being 100% serious, doesn't come from a rich household, didn't even know what flats were 3 years ago*

I'm also kind of a contrarion when it comes to this sort of thing. At least, that's what I think. I don't know a lick of how to do makeup, nor do I own makeup, but a lot of other girls seem to know how to. I also seem to be the only one of my generation that hates selfies, doesn't know anything about slang terminology, and doesn't have a Netflix subscription. Like, what the hell is a "dab" supposed to mean and what does using a spot of paint have to do with injurying yourself? Also, big phones. I really don't see the charm in having a phone that's the size of half your face.

What else... honorable mentions to not liking Undertale very much (mostly due to how people just play Pacifict sometimes) nor knowing anything about Overwatch or Harry Potter. The last of that honorable bunch more used as a means to provoke people. :' )

Last edited:
    Back