• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Horde Encounters!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Wow, I'm very excited about this new feature! Finally, the grunts ganging up on us using their superior numbers. I always thought it was odd in the earlier games when you'd get approached by a dozen of them saying "We'll take you down!!" but then they would only fight you one on one. This is good!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    How about Horde online battle where 1 trainer is vs 5 trainers ? The Horde trainers will mostly get their level adjusted as well.

Years
  • I sort of want to see a role reversal where you and four others (or just you alone) do a five v. one battle with a really powerful Trainer. Though, I doubt it'd happen as a regular Trainer battle or part of the storyline, but maybe it could be a thing in at least one of the battle facilities in the Battle Frontier?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I am totally all for this. It fixes most of the issues I had with horde battles, really. I find it really frustrating that you can't catch Pokemon until all the enemies, but one, are defeated. Just make it so we can select a frickin' slot to throw the ball to!

It's also probably going to be something that you can anticipate ahead of time and avoid if want to. Horde battles just lag too much and when I'm trying to run through a route or something the last thing I want is a sudden lag spike. (There'd still be a lag spike, I would wager, but you know to expect it.)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    parksandrecreation-andy-dwyer-excited-chris-pratt-screencap.jpg

Evil Team Horde battles, the one thing that makes the most sense! Its probably gonna suck with just 5 Poochyena's to battle, but by god if they do something like 5 golbat....

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    While this is a clever and interesting idea, I'm not a big fan of it. Sure, it makes sense that criminals will attack you in a group, I'm just not a big fan of horde battles, especially if the Pokemon have an "always first" attack like Quick Attack.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • I originally hated horde battles for a specific reason: the level. To make it fair for the level you're in, they would be weaker Pokémon. So, if you wanted to catch one, it would be way weaker than all of your other Pokémon and he would be useless for a while. Luckily, since you don't need to catch other trainers Pokémon, this is a great way to do that. And they're weaker than normal Pokémon at that stage of the game... Mua ha ha!

Years
  • A WILD HORDE OF TEAM MAGMA APPEARED??? Are you KIDDING me this is like a dream come true!!!! :D Omg I'm so excited right now haha :)

If you can't tell already I'm a big fan of hordes (and Team Magma) mainly because that was how I obtained my Taillow in X :) For that reason I'm rooting for Taillow, Minun, Poochyena, Wurmple, Electrike and Seviper hordes to appear in ORAS :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A WILD HORDE OF TEAM MAGMA APPEARED??? Are you KIDDING me this is like a dream come true!!!! :D Omg I'm so excited right now haha :)

If you can't tell already I'm a big fan of hordes (and Team Magma) mainly because that was how I obtained my Taillow in X :) For that reason I'm rooting for Taillow, Minun, Poochyena, Wurmple, Electrike and Seviper hordes to appear in ORAS :)

I can see Minun and Plusle being together in hordes. It'll actually allow them to use their ability in battle against us.

I can see Seviper hordes, with maybe a Zangoose (should be a very low chance) popping up in AS, and the opposite for OR.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like it! It makes a lot more sense for the criminals in the Pokemon games to gang up on you instead of taking turns.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Note to self: Teach moves that can hit all pokemon to entire team for Nuzlocke.

I'm very interested in what they decide to do with this. In regards to Battle Facility that centralizes around Horde Battles ... I can't help but wonder which they would apply this to(Saying they're bringing back the BF from Emerald), grant my money is on the Battle Pike, the Battle Pyramid could work as well.

And like Jakeremix, I'm also interested in what the prize money would be >:}

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    Horde team battles?! That's fantastic! It always felt odd that an evil organization would stick to the rules and go 1v1 instead of just going all out against their enemies.

Another thing I'd very much like to see in this vein though is the swarming mechanic seen in a lot of the games combined with wild horde battles.

I'm quite confused as to why X&Y didn't have swarms but at the same time introduced hordes. It really made the locations feel more dynamic in past games and it would have made a lot of sense to me for the appearance of hordes to be heavily dependent on the swarming of pokemon in certain areas.

Years
  • Bleh. Not too fond of the idea of trainer hordes. I don't even like regular wild hordes. It could just get soooo annoying and tedious. We'll have to see how it goes. I hope its only with Team Aqua and Magma and not with regular trainers too...

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • Wow Horde Trainers, that looks pretty badass x)
    I was worried there'd be no Horde battles in Hoenn since they are by far the best way to train EVs!

Back