• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Horde Encounters!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I really don't see Horde Battles occurring at the Battle Frontier... what reason could they put in place that would make sense for them to happen there? The reason that we have horde battles with grunts from the evil teams is because they are trying to use their numbers to take us out, they're trying to play unfairly and I just can't really see this in a Battle Frontier unless it was its own facility in a future game.

I can see a group ambushing us in the Pike, and at the Pyramid. I can't really see any other facility with them though.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    I really don't see Horde Battles occurring at the Battle Frontier... what reason could they put in place that would make sense for them to happen there? The reason that we have horde battles with grunts from the evil teams is because they are trying to use their numbers to take us out, they're trying to play unfairly and I just can't really see this in a Battle Frontier unless it was its own facility in a future game.
    I see. And also, IF there IS going to be one at the Battle Frontier, they COULD try something Platinum did at the Battle Arcade, and place a random effect on either side of the battle. For example, in the Battle Arcade facility at Platinum's Battle Frontier, there was a random effect tiles thing. You could see what is there to choose from, but the selection highlighter would run-over the tiles, and you had to press a button on the bottom screen to stop it. Whatever tile it landed on would give a various effect. Like for example, one tile Burns all of one Trainer's Pokemon in their party, unless the Pokemon had immunity against it. (Fire Types in this example). The Battle Arcade was my favorite Battle Frontier location in Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver (I have HeartGold) and I played it allot! Anyways, who knows what GameFREAK will do with the Battle Frontier after all these new mechanics and stuff has been introduced in games after Emerald? I'd laugh if the NPC Trainers in the Battle Frontier used Pokemon with illegal Hidden Abilities! (Hidden Abilities they DO have in their coding, but are unobtainable without hacking.)

Dramon Knight

Anti-Social Membrane
    Years
  • With the horde trainer I'm hoping you fight some trainers that have a balanced mix of powerful Pokemon. 2nd-stage evolutions and such.

Hordes of Poochyena and Zigzagoon would be too easy, err a random example but Machamp, Spiritomb, Raichu, Vaporeon, and Sceptile would be pretty fun. :D

Back