• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bruh

Detox

What are some common slang words that you find yourself using and what do they mean? Any other variety of informal language counts as well.

Sirfetch’d

I used to say bro a lot but just eventually stopped saying it lol. Idk I guess I don't use that much slang? or at least I don't ever notice myself doing it. The only time i really can say that I use it is when referring to things at the battle server: megagross, mlop, srizing, etc.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    where's gligar

I use sup and dude pretty often, but who doesn't. Sometimes I say mang for man, idk why that become a thing for me

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I say bro sometimes, but not super often and only in certain context. Otherwise, my slang usage is pretty low these days.

Years
  • I use the Canadian-style "eh", along with "m8" and "u mad, bro?" somewhat frequently. I also like using "my son", for whatever reason. Otherwise, I rarely use slang.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I find "bruh" really goofy / annoying so I make fun of it a lot by saying it in a super obnoxious affected tone. I'm an awful person. I say "dude" and "man" a lot, I guess.

Years
  • I use "yo" quite a bit (...like in my sig), but that's about the only thing I can think of at the moment. Or maybe "dude" sometimes.

I have used "bro" before, and still do, but only with certain people. It's not one that finds its way into my general style of speaking. :P

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I used "ight", "m8" and "bruh" a lot. They make up about 25% of my vocabulary. The other 75% is split between like, almost everything from Urban Dictionary and curse words. So yeah.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    My speech is so bastardized by slang that I'm pretty sure people don't know what the fuck I'm talking about most the time.

Years
  • I'm not one who uses typical Australian slang despite my nationality, but I do love words like "gurl", "dude" and stuff like that for talking cool towards a member here.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I use heaps of Australian slang, most of which I haven't even realised isn't common elsewhere (mozzie, arvo, bickie, brekkie, Maccas, mate (but obviously that one's common in other countries)... I could go on for ages haha). I have a pretty casual way of speaking so random slang and shortening of words always pops up in my conversations without even noticing it.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Oh. My. God.
    There's finally a thread dedicated to this great cause.

Bruh

Bruh 4life <3

Back