• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
what are the ape offsets for the sign textbox and also what are the tilelayerpro offstes for the sign textbox for both for fire red

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm feeling a little curious right now, and want to find out how to do something.
Let's say I didn't want to use a pointer calculator to get a pointer in Gold, how would I figure out the gold pointer? There would have to be some method, wouldn't there?
If the offset ≥ 4000, then we can get its pointer by ((offset Mod 0x4000) + 0x4000). Say our offset is 0x034BB1:

0x034BB1 Mod 0x4000 = 0x0BB1
0x0BB1 + 0x4000 = 0x4BB1

In the game it's generally little‐endian: 0xB14B, but in documentation and the like I would recommend using normal big‐endian numbers.

Three‐byte pointers use the bank number as well. You get the byte number by rounding down to the nearest 0x4000 and dividing by 0x4000.

0x034BB1 → 0x034000
0x034000 ÷ 0x4000 = 0x0D

Thus, our three-byte pointer is 0x0DB14B. Generally in documentation we write it with a colon to differentiate it from an offset—0D:B14B or 0D:4BB1. In the ROM I have sometimes (but rarely) seen the bank byte come after the pointer and not before.

If the offset < 0x4000, then the offset is the pointer, little‐endian. If our offset is 0x3728, then the pointer is usually 0x2837. Offsets less than 0x4000 generally don't have three‐byte pointers, because that would be redundant.

Last edited:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
so guys.... i've been messing round and looking for help with this perticular question that has been bothering myself....

how can one go about creating free space from old data that is being scrapped out such as old scripts, maps from the original game, all while not destroying the rom itself...

i mean fire red but could be applyed to any rom i'm assuming....

Syph Medwes

The Show
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 25, 2018
I remember it opening in my laptop (which has vista), but maybe I'm messing up... what error does it return? If it asks for a file, just download it.
I'd like to give you the error, but I don't have 15 posts yet. ><

I'd like to give you the error, but I don't have 15 posts yet. ><
OH MY GOD. Sorry for double-posting but this needs to be said. For all who have troubles with Vista, I have found the single BEST solution. All you need to do is download the COMDLG32.OCX file from somewhere, (google is your friend) then put it in c:windows\system32
After that search google for "install-ocx.exe"
Download the one from graphicsconverter, it should be the 6th one down. Use that file, and everything should, no, will, run fine.

PS. Thanks for your help anyways, Teh Baro.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I think I've PMed every hacker here, so I'm going to just post my problem here.

I recently moved on to Ruby (Fire Red was being a jerk), and I don't have a clue on how to edit the title screen of Ruby.

Oh, sure, I've tried all of the few (and I mean few) guides on PC, but they all end up somewhat like this:

rubyhu3.png

Not even editing the palette turns out right.

Yet, the creator of Pokemon B&W managed to make a perfectly clean title screen:

rubiing09rh0.png

So I just thought I'd ask how to pull this off, because editing Fire Red's title screen was so much easier and nobody's responding to my PMs.

Thank you so much,
Diggeh

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hm... I see you're problem. Even though I'm not much of a person that creates title screen, I THINK I know. Well, it's a series of changing through Unlz, APE, and Cyclone. You have to make use of ALL 16 colors that are available. In your title screen (the one with errors), I can only count about 3-4 palettes, if I'm counting correctly. Unlz is a bit of a pain, but if you have good eyes, you can pull it off (and ALL spriters have good eyes! :D)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
ok, i have another question. How do i edit the tileset in Gold? Well, I know how to edit it it's just i cant seem to find anything in TLP but when i do find something it's either screwed up or is just people sprites!!

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Hi, just a little problem, hopefully "simple". I just need to know how to get rid of the cash register in a mart, at least I think it's the cash register. I changed the tileset, so now it's the right section of a lounge.

Anyway, it isn't displayed on A-Map, so how do I get rid of it? Screenshot attached.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dark Fear said:
If I edit the tileset, do I need to edit the palette?

Thanks

Depends on what you are edit and if you want different colours.

Lupe said:
what are the ape offsets for the sign textbox and also what are the tilelayerpro offstes for the sign textbox for both for fire red

1. It is located at E94330.

2. You are probably better off editing them using A-Map or unLZ-GBA.

I WANT DIALGA said:
when i'm pressing replace in APE it does not replace the pallette what could be the problem?

Maybe you have the incorrect palette.

ashandmisty said:
ok, i have another question. How do i edit the tileset in Gold? Well, I know how to edit it it's just i cant seem to find anything in TLP but when i do find something it's either screwed up or is just people sprites!!

You would have to repoint the data to be less compressed then what it is.

TSK said:
Advance Map has been running extremely slowly lately, anyone know what could cause this?

Could be an issue with your system you are using.

Innocence said:
Hi, just a little problem, hopefully "simple". I just need to know how to get rid of the cash register in a mart, at least I think it's the cash register. I changed the tileset, so now it's the right section of a lounge.

Anyway, it isn't displayed on A-Map, so how do I get rid of it? Screenshot attached.

Maybe cover it up with another wall-like tile (like the one infront of the man but sidewards).

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
since this website has a romhacking thread for pkmn which is the most popular in PC I'd like to ask not request if there are hack tools for PKMN mystery dungeon red rescue team? It is ofcourse a pkmn advance game for gba.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
ok so i want to make a pokemon like unown (different kinds)
01 is it possible to give the 28 varieties different palettes? (and can you give them all diff shiny palettes too?)
02 is it possible to give each one a slightly different moveset? (i want to give them all the same move plus one unique move and)
03 is it possible to give each one of them a slightly different stats? (i want to give one a 5+ on att, another 5+ on defense, etc...)

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
ok so i want to make a pokemon like unown (different kinds)
01 is it possible to give the 28 varieties different palettes? (and can you give them all diff shiny palettes too?)
02 is it possible to give each one a slightly different moveset? (i want to give them all the same move plus one unique move and)
03 is it possible to give each one of them a slightly different stats? (i want to give one a 5+ on att, another 5+ on defense, etc...)

01 - Im pretty sure. You would have to delete other pokemon, but you could give each of them a different pallete so they look different. Shiny palletes are on each pokemon regardless, so im sure if you change the pallete then it will change the shiny one aswell.

02 - If the pokemon are all seperate pokemon, you can then edit each one and give them all the moves you want. Try the A-tack tool.

03 - Same as above, so yes you can. Just download the Poke Edit Pro, and you can decide the stats for any pokemon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
since this website has a romhacking thread for pkmn which is the most popular in PC I'd like to ask not request if there are hack tools for PKMN mystery dungeon red rescue team? It is ofcourse a pkmn advance game for gba.

but from what I heard from thethethethe, it is possible to hack PMD using hex... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back