• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
  • Hello people,

Does anybody know as altering the data (height and weight) of the pokemon in the pokedex of FR?!?!
    It can be a program or in same HEX (I sought in hex and I didn't find :P)

thank you!!

Years
  • It's not such a simple question but I have tried the both method of Pho and Whack's guides and I failed...
    I can write new pokemon over old pokemon ( And I am replacing sprites to DP at my hack )
    but I can't overwrite the 25 free slots =(
    PLZ if someone can add me to Messenger and help me =(

If someone will be kind so here it is and my time zone is +2 GMT
    [email protected]

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    Hi, I keep getting this error in Advancemap after I try to access a new map I saved.

AdvaneMapError(2):Cannot read bytes beyond end of file!
    What's up with this?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2008
    Hello, I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold, and I was wondering:

Whenever I resize maps (in this case, I made them bigger) in GoldMap, they always mess up in-game, such as part of Route 27 appearing on part of my enlarged New Bark Town. Now I realize I can't simply resize the maps just for fun. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2009
    hello, yeah, theres over 150 pages of posts, it would take forever to look through all of them to find out if my question was asked or not, but, i'm told that there is a way to edit the pokedex data, is this true? and if so, how/what tool do i use?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Hyunbin said:
    when a person gives the player a pokemon, is it possible to change the ball that it's given in?
    (instead of a pokeball.. change it into a safari ball?)

I have tried editing trades in advance generation games, but in Gold I believe you cannot do so.

Derlo said:
    Hello people,

Does anybody know as altering the data (height and weight) of the pokemon in the pokedex of FR?!?!
    It can be a program or in same HEX (I sought in hex and I didn't find :P)

thank you!!

I think A-Text or Hex can edit the data, just look near the Pokedex entries.

ExMaikel said:
    It's not such a simple question but I have tried the both method of Pho and Whack's guides and I failed...
    I can write new pokemon over old pokemon ( And I am replacing sprites to DP at my hack )
    but I can't overwrite the 25 free slots =(
    PLZ if someone can add me to Messenger and help me =(

If someone will be kind so here it is and my time zone is +2 GMT
    [email protected]

Did you try editing there sprites in Pokepic or RSBall? Because I think they cannot be found in unLZ-GBA.

inupupnicole said:
    i cant play rom hacks do u people know why

Check the stickied threads in the Hacks Showcase.

PinkKarrots said:
    Hello, I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold, and I was wondering:

Whenever I resize maps (in this case, I made them bigger) in GoldMap, they always mess up in-game, such as part of Route 27 appearing on part of my enlarged New Bark Town. Now I realize I can't simply resize the maps just for fun. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Find the data of the map in hex, then find the pointers of the map data and repoint the data. GoldMap is glitchy with this.

xetan2 said:
    hello, yeah, theres over 150 pages of posts, it would take forever to look through all of them to find out if my question was asked or not, but, i'm told that there is a way to edit the pokedex data, is this true? and if so, how/what tool do i use?

A-Text or Hex would be your answer.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Since no one will notice my post ;P.
    I inserted the new textbox and this is what I got

asdfgp2.png

How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    CheesePeow said:
    Since no one will notice my post ;P.
    I inserted the new textbox and this is what I got

asdfgp2.png

How do I fix this?

It appears you might have to reinsert a new one, with the right size. Even though, that does make your hack different xD

lmg123 said:
    Can i ask u question?
    My question:
    What is an .ips file for?

.ips is the legal way to distribute ROMs, this is done by patching.

Hyunbin said:
    so it's possible in firered?
    and i mean when a character just gives you a pokemon
    not a trade

I do not think it is possible unless you find a way to do it using ASM.

Years
  • Blazichu;3452502[ Did you try editing there sprites in Pokepic or RSBall? Because I think they cannot be found in unLZ-GBA. [/quote said:
    I said have tried the both guides in Pho and Whack.
    I import my sprite in to Unlz gba and then change it in RSBALL
    But the sprite becomed messed up, and It's only when I overwrite the 25 empty slots.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2008
    Find the data of the map in hex, then find the pointers of the map data and repoint the data. GoldMap is glitchy with this.
    I'm not exactly sure how to do that in Pokemon Gold (this is my first time hacking ROMs)...is there a tutorial somewhere that could help me? (I haven't been able to find one)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2008
    Does anyone know how to make new pokedex entries for pokemon?

I put in some new pokemon for my hack and every time I capture one the game will turn black and freeze.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • hi. i need help with advance map. how do i make a new map name without overwrighting any other names?

i need to know because i have used up all my names that i can edit. this is for fire red.

thanks in advance
    link

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to make new pokedex entries for pokemon?

I put in some new pokemon for my hack and every time I capture one the game will turn black and freeze.
    It's just because they have no pokedex data. so when you want to battle these new pokemon you just have to disable the pokedex and then re-enable it afterwards. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2008
    It's just because they have no pokedex data. so when you want to battle these new pokemon you just have to disable the pokedex and then re-enable it afterwards. :)

I was pretty sure before hand but I want to actually let the players be able to catch these in the wild. Would I just have to disable the pokedex for what route you could find them? If so, how do you do that?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hey, thanx a trillion man.

EDIT:
    I created a patch, now how do I know which one it is?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back