• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
  • Okay, whenever I think of Greiger or Sir Bastian actually talking out their posts, I imagine them with a British accent. Especially Greiger's comments on SUs.

Now, that may just be the fact that I imagine a lot of things in British accents, but it seems fancy always equals funny.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    No, I'm not putting into play what the pokedex entries say. It would just be too much to keep track of for my first GMing position. Good question though.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Me too! High-five! Nice SU by the way, and congrats on being accepted. o3o

I high-fived the computer, but it almost fell over so I'm not doing that again. Thanks though!

Anyways, I kind of used Kirlia's Pokedex entry statement that it could see into the future in my SU. I hope that's okay.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    When I accepted your SU I also accepted the idea of a psychic type seeing into the future. Theoretically psychics can see into the future with moves such as future sight and even without knowing kirlia's pokedex entry I just assume that psychics have another sense and at times are able to see into the future.

If it's something that is blatantly obvious and something everyone should know, like the charmander line dying if their tail fires are extinguished, then I will accept it and add it to the roleplay. If it isn't I'll make sure to remind you. And here I thought you created a cool scenario with only your imagination!

Anyway good first posts everyone! I'm really liking your enthusiasm and how you all are pacing yourselves.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • @ TornZero: Funny that, I imagine only Sir Bastian having a British accent. Greiger? Jamaican. XD My mind is very weird.

@ Greiger: Thanks for the compliment. :)

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Query: In terms of food, specifically meat, do ordinary animals exist for farming and such? Or would they be eating other Pokemon?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • halolz-dot-com-pokemon-raichu-raisay.jpg

It appears that I have been found out! As a matter of fact, I do quite speak with an english accent, even though I am not -born- English. I simply have a fondness for speaking English, and the accent came by itself.

Now how about we head off and watch a nice game of cricket with a cuppa tea, what do you say old bean, wotwotwot?
    *Twirls handlebar moustache*

Sidenote: Not sure about the food! I'd venture a guess and say that there'd only be berries, roots, generally plants and so forth, as well as wheat, etcetera. But I'll let Greiger decide!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Ah, yes. The one issue that people constantly think about but never have the guts to ask in a pokemon RP. Most of the food is made from berries and plants such as wheat but there is also meat in this world. Think of it like PMD. You have pokemon that are civilized and form small communities and you have pokemon will living in the wild that rely on their instincts to survive. Meat and other products such as eggs come from these wild pokemon mainly from pokemon such as Taurus and other pokemon that one would find on a farm. They are still far from civilized but are cared for by civilized pokemon.

There are those that do consider it cannibalism to eat another pokemon and won't eat meat and there are those that will and won't have any problem eating meat mainly because to most of them meat is a huge part of their diet.

Now, just imagine what I just said in a southern drawl. Yeah, that's how I really sound.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm. I feel awful for doing this, since it's not the first time :,( but I'm thinking of dropping out before I even begin playing... It's better than to leave after my character has interacted with others and leave them hanging, at least.

I've been wanting to find a nice roleplay where I'd get to play as a pokémon, since I've been avoiding those a lot lately. And this is a really deep and well thought out roleplay :) therefore I joined, hoping it would light up a spark within me again. But I can't seem to come up with a good thing to write.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    @Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers What helps me sometimes is if I brainstorm with someone. Pretty much it helps if another person tosses some ideas around and gets your creativity going. You can PM me and see if that helps.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • He's right, that usually works for me as well. What you shouldn't do is try to force out something, because then it often turns even worse than if you just hadn't replied.

But, I'll leave you to decide on what to do, it would just have been lovely to have you on board, since I know of your fairly good quality RP. Take care, Red!

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • @ Sir Bastian: I freakin' knew it! XD *drinks some tea*

@ Greiger: *brohoof/fist* Southerners ftw! I'm a proud southern boy myself. Well, my accent sounds a little different though. People say I sound like Doc Holliday from Tombstone.

@ TornZero: Although I do speak with a unique southern accent, I can pull off a mean British or Australian accent. I can also do an Irish, Spanish, French, and Japanese accent. That's pretty much it.

Just for everyone, I have decided to put up what Alexander and Famidus sound like. Click the respective links please. Their theme songs are here and here. Enjoy.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Since RHCP is waiting to truly join until he gets his thoughts down I've decided to move Ribibin to the reserved list.

@-DeepImpact- I haven't forgotten you! Just send in the finished SU whenever you can.

Alright we're just waiting on DH and TJ. Once they get their posts in then we'll move onto the next phase of each respective meeting.

*Takes brohoof from Game Over* It's so strange. Here I sound just like everyone else but the minute I head over to New York I stick out like a sore thumb. Also, just because everyone is thinking it, I: do not have a horse, do not have a ranch, do no have a farm, do not go to school riding a horse, do not wear a ten gallon hat, do not wear any kind of cowboy boots, do not call my parents 'pa' and 'ma' and round up cattle, and do not wear cowboy clothing 24-7.

Okay, I think I got most of it. It's just that when I travel and someone finds out I'm from Texas I get the most stupid of questions and I know all of you were thinking about it too, except Game Over, but still! There, that's off my chest. Anyway, good job with the posting and once everyone has posted I'll get in the next post.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Sorry about the wait, I'm only getting enough time to work on the post bit by bit on word. I should have it done today or tomorrow.

Back