• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Myths of Sinnoh (OOC/SU)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Okay, then. It's been a full 24 hours since their spots were reserved. I'm not trying to be mean, but fair to anyone else who may want to get into this and have some fun. That said, the reservations for both Ralts and Turtwig have been lifted.

Actshon, you put together a nice sign-up. Everything seems to be in order and since Turtwig is now open for grabs, I have no problem letting you have him. Welcome to Sinnoh!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's the sad thing about these close-knit RPs. But if the few players that get in do stay, the RP gets that much more enjoyable than if there was 15 people to keep track of :3 imo.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
AW MAN! I was almost done with my SU and I find out it already got taken away. :( I was going to say I was going to finish my SU my tonight too.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
PPuErA3.png

96px-393Piplup.png
96px-394Prinplup.png
96px-395Empoleon.png

Piplup | male | Ice Beam
Robin Tanaka
age 17 | female

Appearance: She stands at about 162cm, not too small, but, small enough, as one would think. She has a pretty slim and small-structured body, most likely inherited from genes. Along with that, she has pale-colored skin that's complemented by peach-colored long hair that she usually puts in as pig-tails, but, sometimes she does leave it as straight in certain occasions. Most instances, she likes to dress prim and proper, with her trademark dress shirt with a pink bow-tie that ties it together. She likes to wear pladded skirts, complemented by black leggings, along with olive-picnic shoes, and white socks.

Family: Her family actually runs a detective agency, in a matter of speaking, nearby Sandgem town. Her mother and father has been working with the police force for a number of years now, until they decided to work more independently and still devote their time to help the public. Robin wasn't exactly a fabled genius like her parents, but, her parents always thought that Robin had developed their curious and tactful nature. To this day, Robin didn't understood what they meant, which she would learn in time.

Goals and Interests: Robin has always had a soft-spot for pokemon. She would always enjoy reading picture books, and novels about pokemon trainers and their pokemon -- traveling to different regions, meeting new friends, even battling with those friends. However, while Robin might have a more interest in pokemon, her love of adventure stood strong as ever.

Robin is basically a person who is straightforward, yet at the sometime, awkward and weird. She is responsible, in terms of caring for pokemon, and caring deeply about her family and friends. She would never put anyone in more importance than others; she treats everyone equally. People have said that her strength comes from her caring nature, and boldness when it comes to overcoming obstacles.

However, as you get to know Robin better, despite her light-hearted attitude, sometimes Robin is rather enigmatic. She is also sarcastic and witty, unintentionally even to the point of cruelty. Serene has a snide, sarcastic response to even the most serious subjects, and loves to tease the companions she befriended. However, Robin's sarcastic and harsh words are often well-founded, so she only uses them to express her disapproving opinions.

More so, Robin has always had an eye for good mysteries! Solving mysterious, figuring out the unknown, she wants to solve the biggest questions out there, in terms of pokemon, and in life in general. One can argue that her curiosity can lead her to trouble though, sticking her nose into dangerous matters, but she does it anyway! So, while Robin wants to be the best trainer that she can, she also wants to learn all the mysterious of the pokemon world.

Rival: Her troubles aren't exactly straightforward, but constant. Her rivals reflect her conflicting ideals and moral stature. Soon she encounters Clara Shinrei (Adventures character) and will attempt to solve her biggest mystery yet.. and a magnificent rival ship!

Strengths: She's good at meeting new people, and she has a strong desire to help others. Her gentle and kind nature makes her a valuable friend to others, and to her pokemon. She also catches on quick, and adapts to situations quite easily, in terms of general life, or to pokemon battling, adopting new strategies, and learning about how to counter them.

Weaknesses: Rather sarcastic at times, and can sometimes get carries away to the point of eccentric-ism. She also has a enigmatic nature, to the point of cruelty. Of course, that means that her joking around can lead to people to become quite uncomfortable. She can also lose focus quite easily, whenever she finds something else to be equally or more fascinating than the thing that she is supposed to be focused on, but, that's all part of her nature.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
u6gTqPM.jpg

Spr_5b_551.png
Spr_5b_552.png
Spr_5b_553.png

Sandile | Female | Dig
Isaac Rendell
age 16 | Male

Appearance: Isaac is hardly one to stand out. Standing around 5'5 (168cm), Isaac has an average build (though he is more on the slim side) with peachy skin tone, untainted by the sun. His unkempt brown hair has a reddish tint to it and an almost matching pair of brown eyes, expressive and bright with a yearning for adventure. Isaac's youthful face is often wide eyed and expressive, though he is most often seeing looking either curious or expressive. His sense of dress is essentially taking his private school uniform and making it far more casual and he is often seen fiddling with something, such as gum or his cell phone.

Family: Isaac was adopted by a loving couple by the names of Conor and Adam. Yes, Isaac has two dads. He has also has little sister (also adopted) named Sally. The happy family once lived in Hearthome City, where Isaac's dad flaunt their haughty opinions at the Contest Hall while Isaac and Sally attended school, yet due to budget cuts and political reasons Conor and Adam were "laid off" and the family moved over to Sandgem. Conor and Adam opened a local clothing store, taking their experience from Pokemon Contests to prepare future trainers to succeed in contests. Isaac sees little different from his family compared to others, perfectly open to the idea of his family being a little different. His relationship with his sister is supportive with Sally only a few years younger than her brother. Sally is sometimes the wiser of the two, though she has benefited from Isaac's foolhardy mistakes.

Goals and Interests:If one were to ask "what do you want to do with your life?" Isaac wouldn't have an answer for them. This is because the boy simply hasn't given anything much thought. This is because Isaac is a curious, indecisive, experimental child at heart who seeks to have more fun than responsibility. He enjoys the idea of adventure and learning from experience, rather than sticking around in a school or get a lecture from his family. Isaac much rather make a mistake and chock everything up to life. In truth, the defines the whole of his character. Isaac is easy going, going with the flow and never really rebelling against. If something happens, he credits it to karma or fate and moves on.

Being not easily bothered by things, Isaac is willing to try anything and everything until he really figures out his goal. If it's battling, sure. Contests, not likely but he won't knock it till he'll try it. Isaac is seeking a purpose and calling in life and that is the real goal of his adventure. On the side, he hopes to develop a sense of independence and confidence, and picking up a girlfriend would be welcome too.

Rival:Everybody loves Isaac, so no rival for him.

Strengths: As mentioned earlier, Isaac is easy going and worry free. This gives him the advantage of being readily adaptable and a strength to move on from mistakes or defeats. A setback to him isn't really a setback, but rather something than be a learning experience. He continually improves and is a fast learner. Isaac also feels that is kindhearted nature is a strength, making friends rather quickly (both Pokemon and people alike). He gives off a bright aura and is fairly protective of his friends and family. He's also a relatively skilled chef, decorator and groomer, learning the tools of the homemaking trade from his parents who felt that raising a renaissance jack of all trades son was vital to make him that more prepared for the real world.

Weaknesses: Isaac isn't very bright. Despite his skills and adaptability, Isaac does not have a great deal of raw intelligence. He makes simple mistakes and often shows that he has little idea of what he is talking about on an academic level (despite having the occasional breakthrough of wisdom). On top of that, Isaac lacks any real speciality, having a host of skills but no real mastery over anything. He also gets bored easily, dropping one trade for another more often than not. This could because of his natural affinity for physical skills, or a product of his easy going, but always active personality.

Roleplay Sample: "Look, kid. I didn't take your friend's lunch money," Vincent protested outside the academy.

"I saw you take money out of her pocket and stuff into your bag!" One of the many schoolboys gathered in the schoolyard said, leading what appeared to a large group of 10 year old nerds surrounding the taller Vincent.

"Sound a lot like your word versus mine, kid. And I'll have you know..." Vincent said with a scoff, lowering his voice deeper and deeper before getting right in the face of the leader. "I have some frightening friends in high places. I don't think you will want to call them on this little phone of mine. It may not end well for you." With a dead glare, the schoolboy gulped and ran inside, most of his posse following along with sweat dripping down to the ground. Vincent stood up straight and cracked his back. "Dumb kid," he chuckled as he counted the money he yoinked off the other kid's pocket. "I feel almost bad, but whatever." Vincent shrugged his shoulders and stuffed his own wallet with his newest acquisitions.

Not too far away from Vincent, one Melody Hughes had made her way towards the academy. Although the girl was still not completely sold on the need to actually train there, she was still thinking under the mindset that giving the school a quick lookover would not hurt. Spotting Vincent standing outside the building, Melody assumed the boy to be a student of the school or something of the sort. She made her way towards him, putting on a bright smile in the process.

"Excuse me," Melody called out. As she got closer to him, Melody realized just how much taller he was than her, not that that usually was a surprise for her. Still at times it she did find it a bit embarrassing. Forcing a quick blush down, the girl continued when she was closer. "Is this the Pokémon academy by any chance?"

"Yeah what?" Vincent said at first, seeing a shorter girl pester him with dumb questions. Why do people always like to bother him. You would think with his punk clothes, long hair and constant grimace that most people, especially girls his age, would be more terrified of him than ask him innocent questions. He could only mentally sigh at the whole display. "Oh, yeah. It's full of nerds though. They will probably drool all over you." It was this moment that Vincent realized that he probably would need to step in. He had some experience battling, having watched battles on television and was sharp enough to figure out to make his way to Violet City and even managed to nab a Pidgey on the way. But, was that enough to beat Falkner? Probably. But if he wanted to make any of his dreams come true, he would sadly have to sit in a class. The thought sent a shiver down his spine. Without paying the girl much a thought, he walked through the front doors.

"Drool on me...? But it's not like I'm gonna be close to their mouths or anything like th-" Melody began, only to quickly stop as she realized the boy was already heading inside. She smiled brightly, quickly making her way to follow behind him. The boy must have decided to show her the way to the registration area. It did not take long for Melody to reach the boy's side. Glancing up at him as they walked, Melody decided to spark a bit of conversation with Vincent, one that quickly turned into another of her ramblings. "You must be a student or something here, am I right? The nurse at the Pokémon Center suggested that I stop by here before I challenge Falkner. I wasn't all that sure about it, because me and my Pokémon have been through, like quite a few battles already! Just getting here from Cherrygrove was like an adventure all on its own, you know? But I guess that's what the whole point of training is supposed to be like... Oh! I'm Melody by the way!"

"That's lovely...um, Mary or whatever your name is. But I'm not a student. I'm just here for whatever free lesson they hand out," Vincent said, barely making eye contact with the girl. He walked faster, slamming his hand on the front desk hard enough that the phone perched on the woman's shoulder crashed to the desk. "Hi. I am here for some lessons or whatever. Where do I go?"

"Um...well, I will give you a keycard and you c-c-can go wherever you want. There is plenty of experience to go around. C-c-can I get your name please?"

"...Vincent Baker."

She typed a bunch of keys on the computer, had Vincent a few documents (probably some waivers and then handed him the keycard. "It's a day pass, so enjoy your stay here and hope you sign up for more classes!"

"Yeah, no," he said with a scoff and started to bolt around the visitor's floor for a map to get a feel for the campus.

"I'm here to sign up for a class and stuff too! Melody Hughes!" the girl said in a much more pleasant manner.

The receptionist seemed to take note of this, smiling a bit easier with the shorter girl's disposition. After getting her waivers, Melody quickly headed off to join Vincent as he looked around. She quickly retook her place by his side with a giggle.

"I think you scared her a bit there, Vincent," she told the boy. "The look on her face was priceless! She must have been making a phone call or something that they're not supposed to make during business hours!"

Greattttt. Now she knows my name, he mentally groaned to himself. I gotta find a way to ditch this chick and fast. Perhaps if I ignore her! Yeah, that may work! Vincent stared at a map, trying to soak in all the information of what classrooms were where. Knowing that breeding, contests and simple companionship were all terribly boring, Vincent locked in on battling and raising Pokemon. Though, Pokemon Philosophy sounded cool. If only because it was thought provoking. So he scanned the map for anything that gave him that information while paying no heed to Melody. I need to battle...battle...battle.

"What classes are you gonna go to, Vinny?" Melody asked. "Any in particular you got an eye out for?"

Hearing Vinny was like nails on a chalkboard. His teeth began to grind and his eyes darkened into shadows. Moments like this, Vincent would want to deck people in the face. And it would be so easy to do so. But no. He was better than that. Actually, he probably wasn't. But he wanted to do better than that. Without really realizing it, he traced a short path with his fingers to the hallways where the battle centric classrooms were at. Being the rebel that he was, he took out his skateboard and rode down the hallways, hoping to escape Melody's constant jabbering and get to the classroom quickly, so he wouldn't miss too much.

Melody watched as Vincent took off down the halls on his skateboard. While the girl figured that such an activity probably was not something that was allowed in schools, she shrugged it off. After all, it could have been that the boy did not want to be late for a lesson... or maybe he needed to use the restroom before class. Turning her attention towards the map, Melody stood on her tip toes to reach the higher points as she began to try and trace a path for herself to take.

{i]"Let's see here... Battling sounds like it would be fun..."[/i] Melody thought as she analyzed the map. "Philosophy sounds totally boring.. I'll probably skip on that one... Hmmm...? I wonder what sort of stuff they would teach in a companionship class? Napoleon might benefit from that one..."

Deciding that she could put off other classes for later, Melody instead determined that a battling class or two would probably be the best way to determine just how prepared her team would be to challenge Falkner and his gym. After making out which path she would need to take for the class, the girl quickly spun around and began to make her way towards her destination. There was a light sprint in her step as she moved. It was already starting to get a bit late into the morning and the girl did not want to be late for the class. Luckily, she managed to reach the class just moments before the bell would ring.

It seemed that she was not the only one to have an interest in the battling class. The room was full with many eager and budding trainers. There were hardly any seats left at all for the girl to take. The only empty one she found was right next to a rather familiar looking boy sitting in the back row of the room. Melody's eyes lit up as she quickly made her way towards the boy with a smile.

"Vinny! I didn't know you were gonna be taking the same class as me!" Melody exclaimed as she took the seat beside the boy. "The way you took off, I thought you had to use the restroom or something! Looks like we're classmates for the time being, yeah?"

"Yay..." he said sarcastically, before staring out the window. So ignoring her didn't work. Luckily we are in class, so maybe she'll shut up during that. Pretending to care about the class, Vincent pulled out his art notebook and pen and began to doodle, halfway paying attention to the professor when he went over the mechanics of what defined a Pokemon Battle, proper manners and code. All the boring stuff that he probably should care about as a newcomer to whole grander stage of things. He was already that guy, but he needed to at least try to shed that identity if he was to take on the gym leader challenge. Once battle theory and status conditions kicked in, he drew with a little more passion, occasionally glancing out the window.

Melody seemed to be just as equally bored with the lesson as Vincent was. Although the girl did not have a real method of keeping herself entertained as the boy next to her did, she managed to keep herself awake by swinging her legs back and forth underneath her desk. At one point, Melody took a quick glance over in Vincent's direction and noticed that he was in fact drawing something. Reaching into her backpack, the girl found a notebook of her own and a pen. She quickly and quietly tore a page from the notebook, scrawling something down on the page she tore out before folding it up and quickly tossing it onto Vincent's desk.

"Omg, this is so boring, am I right? The nurse said that they let us actually battle each other at one point, but this guy just keeps rambling on about stuff you can see on Professor Oak's old show reruns on PPBS! By the way, wha'cha drawing? :3"

Vincent didn't know why he bothered to open the note. In fact, he really shouldn't have. His eyes twitched and beamed back at her filled with lasers. In his mind's eye, she was reduced to ash, he learned everything he needed to know and he was halfway to the gym. Yet, here he was stuck, reduced to passing notes. He wrote a little bit on the paper and tossed it back to her.

Stuff.

Melody nodded as she read the note over, before she picked up her pen before she resumed her scribbled chatting.

"Oh, I get ya! You don't like to show off your work before it's done! I can totally respect that! You should lemme see it when you finish then! So, what kinda Pokémon do you have?"

This girl couldn't take a hint could she? Perhaps he had to be civil. Be nice and then let her go when he was all done with this school and city. Go their separate ways. A poetic end to such a relationship. He first revealed his sketch, which was a spitting image of their nerdy, overweight teacher with his receding hairline and sweater vest being mauled by a Salamence. He then scribbled a simple note. He wasn't going to bother with details, simply because he didn't care enough.

Two guys. A Froakie and Pidgey.

Melody giggled at the sight of the sketch Vincent had done. It was honestly one of the last things she had been expecting to see on paper. Thankfully, she had somehow managed to not get caught with her small giggle-fit. She took her paper back and began to scratch away again.

"That picture is the best thing ever! I could totally see that happening, yeah? And your team sounds like a handy duo! I have a Chikorita, Buizel, and Taillow myself! One girl and two boys. ^_^"

The note exchanging had wasted a fair amount of time, as the teacher suddenly raised his voice. Vincent, at first, thought he got caught. That never happened so he quickly exchanged the thought with another. It was announcement. "Now that you all know how battles work, we will have an example of a match for all you to view! You two in the back, you seem like two capable ones having passed notes around instead of listening to my lecture. Why don't you two battle...this two fine young children?"

Vince shrugged his shoulders and slid over to the front of the room. "Aw, no way," he mumbled as he reached the teacher's side. It was the two kids from earlier, who only gawk at Vincent. "Really. You two want to battle? Teacher, I request a change in opponents."

"You will get when I assign. You would know that if you didn't spend your time staring out the window." The teacher motioned for the whole class to follow him, with Vincent, Melody and their two opponents leading the pack.

"Surprised you caught me, prof..." he mumbled under his breath, as they walked to a small courtyard near the middle of this wing of the school.

"I'll get you back for stealing our lunch money, jerk!" One of the students said with glorious applause coming from his ragtag group of geeks, when they finally reached their positions for the battle.

"You stole their lunch money...?" Melody questioned. She glanced over at Vincent and then back at the kid with a frown. "Vinny wouldn't do something like that! He's too nice!"

The victim of the theft seemed to be unswayed by Melody's words however. "J-Just get your Pokémon out and let's battle already!"

Melody watched as the boy and his teammate readied their first two Pokémon for battle. The one who had had his lunch money stolen quickly tossed out a Zigzagoon to battle. Meanwhile, his teammate, a small, blonde girl with a ponytail and a dress which resembled a school uniform quickly sent out a Psyduck to do battle.

"Hmmm... Alright then, I think I'll let Hawk stretch his wings out for his first battle," Melody decided, sending out her Taillow as her first Pokémon. The little bird stretched his wings, letting out a loud chirp as he gazed happily at his opponents, the prospect of a battle easily exciting the Taillow.

Vincent shrugged and tossed out his Froakie without as much as a word, who emerged from the bright lights with a grimace strangely similar to that of his master. Their stern eyes were nearly identical, suggesting either the two were close or concidence dictated that they were kindred spirits. Regardless, they were ready.

Seeing as how all four of the trainers appeared to be ready, the professor of the classroom announced the start of the battle. Melody and her Taillow would find their opponent in the female student and her Psyduck. The girl had never seen such a clueless looking Pokémon before. It was almost as if the duck was completely unaware of what was going on around him. Still, Melody decided to remained focus for the battle, just in case the Psyduck happened to be putting on an act.

"Alright, Hawk! Let's kick this off with a Quick Attack!" Melody commanded her Taillow.

Hawk chirped in response and began to flap his wings, lifting up into the air. Then as soon as he had done that, the little bird dove straight for the Psyduck, with quick and blinding speed. The schoolgirl's eyes widened as she seemed hesitant of what to do.

"Um... P-Psyduck, quick! Use Water Gun!" she told the duck Pokémon.

The Psyduck let out a small, whimper of a quack. He opened his large bill and a small stream of water began to leak out in a rather pathetic display. It almost resembled someone trying to get the excess water out of a gardening hose after they had turned it off. It was during this time that Hawk had managed to plow straight into the Psyduck's head, causing the duck to quack and flail about in an attempt not to lose his balance.

"Just what kinda Pokémon is this thing?" Melody thought, having to fight back a giggle at the Psyduck's rather animated flailing.

"Well, I guess that means I get to fight you kid," Vincent said with a shrug. "How about we make this snappy? I got a badge to earn."

"You mean steal, right?!"

"Oh, Arceus. Drop it, kid. Hanzo, use Aerial Ace and knock out his...little thing already." Vincent wasn't particularly good at remembering what Pokemon were what, only really looking into Pokemon he thought looked cool and strong. So he thought little of Zigzagoon (and it extended to most normal types in general). He also learned most Pokemon weaknesses, but sadly Hanzo, his Froakie, lacked any good moves except Aerial Ace which came from...oh let's leave that story for another day, now shall we? The silent Froakie bowed Vincent, closed his eyes and in an instant seemed to vanish before striking the Zigzagoon from the air with elegant and deadly accuracy. It recoiled from the strike and slid back to the feet of his trainer.

"Zigzagoon! Use Headbutt!" With a surprising dash of speed, the Zigzagoon charged forward and slammed Hanzo with a literal head-on strike. Hanzo did not make even a squeak or moan from the strike, holding his ground and standing tall following the retaliation from his opponent.

"Surprised your Pokemon knows a decent move, honestly." Vincent could only nod and looked at his Pokemon, who replied with a nod of agreement in turn. "Not like it's going to matter though."

Melody glanced over at Vincent and frowned. "Why does he keep saying you're gonna steal things? Saying stuff like that isn't very nice, ya know?"

"Well, I may have stolen some of his money. On accident of course. I mean he didn't have his name on it," Vincent said. He sounded quite convincing as well as he waved his eyes in a motion pleading total innocence. "Oh, and Hanzo use another Aerial Ace." Hanzo nodded and once again, in complete silence and precision struck the Zigzagoon. It appeared to hit the Pokemon in the same spot as the previous attack. Though, Hanzo always sought a challenge in battle, constantly testing his own abilities and resolve. This time, the attack was aimed more downward, driving a webbed fist into the Pokemon's furred head. The Zigzagoon's head knocked back and was sent upward following the collision he made with the ground. It was a critical hit if there was one. The Pokemon went belly up, with a dizzy look in its eyes as it fainted.

Melody processed what Vincent said before suddenly smiling brightly. "Oh, I get it! You mean like you found it or something and picked it up before he did! That's actually totally fair!" Melody returned her attention back to the schoolgirl. Her Taillow was waiting. He had a look on his face as if he was confused about what was taking so long for his trainer to issue out another command. "Sorry 'bout that, Hawk! Alright, let's see how strong you really are! Slam it with your Steel Wing attack!"

Hawk chirpped in agreement and flew off towards the Psyduck quickly. The schoolgirl seemed to be at a loss of what to do she bit her bottom lip and seemed to shout out the first thing she could think of, ordering the duck to use... Water Sport. So, as he was told, the Psyduck began to douse the entire area of the classroom where the four trainers were battling. It was after that moment that Hawk's wing began to shine, almost as if it was made of metal itself, before he slammed it right into the Psyduck's head. A loud, painful quack was heard as the Psyduck stumbled backwards. It spun around in a rather dramatic fashion, before falling flat onto its stomach, fainting upon impact with the floor.

"That... That's it...?" Melody asked, glancing over in the direction of the professor. "Um, 'scuse me, sir? Aren't these guys... well... they're kinda weak."

"I still got another Pokemon!" The angry victim of Vincent's crimes.

"Me too!" His (rather unskilled from what Vincent could tell) friend said. The two tossed their next Pokeballs and through the flashes of light, a Bellsprout and Ledyba. The Bellsprout stood seemingly proudly by the boy while the Ledyba flew cheerily beside the girl.

Vincent remained unimpressed, scoffing at the two Pokemon. They seemed so...common. Vincent lost count at how many he ran away from beside of how annoying they were when they bumped into him during his training sessions. "Vine Whip!" The boy yelled at his grass type and a sharp vine slashed against Hanzo, knocking the frog Pokemon onto the ground with a light gasp of defeat leaving his lungs. Vincent returned the Pokemon to his ball, realizing it was a bad idea to not switch right away in hindsight. "I stand corrected," he was forced to admit, though his eyes sharped in anger. "I won't be making that mistake again." He immediately tossed out his next Pokemon. The bright light lasted only a moment as a small Pidgey perched itself on Vincent's shoulder. "Meet...well, his name is kind of lame. But I call him Brian. I only introduce him because he hates Bellsprouts more than I do."

Meanwhile, Melody smiled at the familiar sight of a Ledyba. Seeing the bug Pokémon reminded her of the first trainer battle she had ever had with her Chikorita. Being that it was a bug Pokémon, the girl was not too concerned with how her Taillow would fair.

"Alright, Hawk! Let's finish this off quick!" Melody announced. "Let's start this off by using Focus Energy!"

Hawk landed in front of the girl, and began to stare down at the Ledyba in front of him. Closing his eyes, the bird Pokémon started to make a humming-like noise. The bird's eyes then suddenly snapped open, giving the Ledyba a fierce glare and spreading his wings. It was as if the Taillow had suddenly tapped into a hidden source of energy.

"Ledyba, use Super Sonic!" the school girl cried out.

The Ledyba buzzed up into the air, a strange sound being emitted from its antenna as it hovered in the air. Hawk began to look around, wondering where the sound was coming from. Melody noticed the look of confusion on Hawk's face.

"Hawk...? Are you okay?" she questioned. The Taillow simply spread its wings and squaked in response. Melody bit her lip lightly. "O-Okay then... Use a Quick Attack on Ledyba, Hawk!"

The Taillow squawked in response. The bird Pokémon spread his wings and took to the air, before suddenly diving forward and slamming itself into the ground. Melody did not know just what to think.

"H-Hawk, what are you doing? I said to use Quick Attack on the Ledyba!" Melody shouted.

The bird let out another chirp, quickly flapping its wings and lifting up into the air. The Taillow began to look around, spotting Vincent's Pidgey. It let out a series of chirps before suddenly diving towards the fellow bird Pokémon.

"What th-" Vincent yelled outloud as Brian was suddenly tackled by Melody's Taillow. The two birds made a feather pile on the ground as Brian finally freed himself and flew back up to Vincent's shoulder. "Hey! Why don't you control your Pokemon?!"

"I'm trying to!" Melody shouted back. "It's like he's totally forgetting what I tell him to!"

Vincent sighed, mumbling curses under his breath. Great. Now I have to battle with a bit of a handicap. "Brian, use sand attack!" Chirping with a sense of arrogance about him, he filled the air not only with his own inflated ego but with dirt and sand of the small courtyard, causing the opposing two Pokemon to growl and cry as sand pierced their eyes while their trainers coughed their lungs out. A large vine cut through the cloud, but narrowly missed Brian's small wings as he flew passed it. With his keen eyes, he didn't need a command to know what to do next as he flew through the sand and tackled the Bellsprout with excellent accuracy, flying back to Vincent's shoulder.

"Bellsprout, use Growth! We need to make our attacks matter it looks like!" The Bellsprout stood his ground this time, trying to gather his energy.

"Use another tackle," he whispered to his bird Pokemon. Brian whistled this time and used his small, but powerful wings to hurl himself at the Bellsprout. This time the grass Pokemon was ready, and lifted one of its vines and struck the flying Pokemon with a thunderous strike, it caused Brian to be diverted off course, almost flying into a nearby tree. The Pidgey caught itself, and flew a lap around the field. It returned to its original course and delievered a strong tackle to the side of the Bellsprout, but the Pokemon stood its ground.

As Vincent and his Pidgey continued their battle against the Bellsprout, Melody was in a delima of her own. It was clear that whatever was suddenly wrong with her Taillow was not getting any better for the time being. So, the girl called him back, returning Hawk to his ball for the time being. She seemed hesitant, looking at the school girl with her Ledyba. Melody noticed that the girl seemed to be a bit more confident with the bug than she had with her Psyduck.

"Alright then... Napoleon, you're up!" Melody called out.

From out of his pokéball came the familiar sight of her Buizel. The little otter Pokémon looked around, spotting his opponent in the Ledyba before grunting softly. Regardless of how Melody felt about the bug thus far, Napoleon seemed to be a bit more confident. Melody could only hope that the feeling was well founded.

"Use a Super Sonic, just like before Ledyba!" the school girl called out.

Much like before, the Ledyba began to emit a strange noise. The Buizel looked around for the source of the sound. A somewhat dazed look started to enter his eyes. However, it was only for a moment before the Buizel shook his head quickly, glaring at the bug Pokémon. Melody smiled as the attack that had managed to make Hawk so confused had failed to work on Napoleon.

"Napoleon, Sonic Boom!" Melody shouted.

The Buizel slammed his paws together, sending forth a blast of energy in the direction of the Ledyba. The school girl's eyes widened, and she quickly ordered the bug to try and dodge the attack. The Ledyba did her best to try and fly off towards the right, but she just was not fast enough to. The attack collided with the Ledyba, causing the bug Pokémon to slam right into the wall behind it and its trainer.

"Good job, Napoleon!" Melody cheered. "Now let it have another!"

Napoleon grunted, readying another Sonic Boom attack. However, the Ledyba and its trainer were not about to be defeated so easily. The Ledyba was already back up and flying towards the Buizel with an angry look in its eyes. The school girl smiled brightly as the bug was suddenly on top of Napoleon.

"Ledyba, use Comet Punch now!" she ordered.

Napoleon was surprised as he began to be pummeled by a series of quick and rapid punches. The Buizel grunted after the fourth set as he stumbled back, just barely managing to stay on his feet. A low, feral growl could be heard coming from the Buizel. However the school girl was not phased by the Buizel. Rather, she quickly ordered her Ledyba to deliver another Comet Punch.

Melody's eyes widened. She knew she only had a little time to get Napoleon to pull of a successful attack. "Napoleon, quick jump back and blast it with another Sonic Boom!"

Napoleon seemed to have another plan in mind, however. The Buizel instead ran forward, heading straight for the Ledyba. Melody sighed and bit her lip. Once more, the Buizel was following his own battle plan instead of listening to her orders. He stopped just short of the Ledyba, then suddenly slapped his paws together once more. This released a Sonic Boom straight at the Ledyba, colliding with the bug Pokémon. The bug flew back, crashing into the far wall once more and then fainting on impact.

The Buizel glanced downward at his opponent, a rather proud look on his face as he struted back towards Melody.

Meanwhile, Brian the Pidgey had pelted several sand attacks at the Bellsprout, pratically blinding the grass type. Vine Whip after Vine Whip flailed at the bird Pokemon. The sharp vines had ripped up the ground and walls, leaving craters and fault lines all over the ground. With the battleground torn up but Brian in almost pristine condition, the tides of battle appeared to be in Vincent's favor. Two more tackles ought to do it. Brian can probably take a few more attacks, but blinding him was a good idea. Now he can dive in without worry about another one of those vines hitting him.

"Bellsprout! One more Vine Whip. Come on, hit him!" The schoolboy was getting visibly frustrated at his struggling Pokemon. The sand had cleared and with a once in a lifetime opportunity, Bellsprout launched another whip attack at Brian, striking the bird Pokemon on the wing. Like a shot down plane, the Pidgey crashed to the ground. It seemed to be a strong hit, with the Pidgey almost yelping in the pain. However, it had an image to maintain. Vincent could tell it was a Pokemon with aspirations. It's the only reason he would catch such a common Pokemon in the first place (he lived with the delusion that the rarer the Pokemon, the better it was).

Brian flew up higher than usual, his small head scraping the ceiling, spread its wings with a loud whistle. A battle roar of sorts. "I got you, buddy," Vincent said with a smirk. "Deliever one last tackle!" It dove at the Bellsprout. It was a fercious tackle, as evidenced by the loud collision and pop the ground made as the bird Pokemon crashed ontop of the Bellsprout. Despite being so small and seemingly fragile, the Pidgey knew how to deliever a nasty strike to unsuspecting floral wildlife. Once the dust was settled, Brian crawled over to his master, chirping in victory as he lightly hopped back to Vincent, perching himself on his arm. The Bellsprout was clearly defeated, it's eyes glazed over in defeat as it lied in agony. His owner regretfully recalled the Pokemon, murmuring of how he hated losing but conceded defeat to Vincent and Melody.

"Winners!" The teacher gestured towards Vincent and Melody. "Allow me to heal all your Pokemon."

"Thank you, I guess," Vincent said, not wanting to admit he was actually grateful for the teacher's help.

"Did you hear that, Vinny? We totally kicked their butts!" Melody cheered, grinning brightly at the boy by her side.

"I recommend going to a few more lectures though," the teacher said, glaring more at Vincent than Melody, but matching each of their eyes. "You both have a lot to learn."

"But we totally wiped the floor with those two!" Melody replied, giving the teacher a curious look. "I mean out of our four Pokémon they only managed to actually make one of them faint..."

"While you did win, you failed to realize that your Pokemon was confused," the teacher talked down to Melody with some sense of caring. "And you placed your water type at odds with a grass type. You have to keep in mind types if you want to get anywhere in battles," he directed at Vincent. Vincent only scoffed, as he did not want to admit that he thought the Bellsprout wouldn't amount to anything and have a gang of 10 year olds swarm him.

"Whatever," Vincent finally said, plowing through the teacher and stepping over the other students as stormed out of the courtyard, back into the hallways of the school slamming the door that led back inside.

"V-Vinny! Wait a second!" Melody called out. She blushed, turning to the professor and excusing herself for a moment to chase out the door after him. Napoleon followed behind the girl, though not at as much of a hurried pace as she ran. Luckily, he had not managed to get far down the hallway when she popped her head out the door to look for him. The girl quickly ran to his side, looking at him curiously. "Vinny? What's wrong, are you okay?"

"Why are you following me? Don't you have some other class to go to?" Vincent protested. "Or other friends of yours to bother?"

"Well, I was wondering why you just took off like that," Melody admitted. "Did he say something that bothered you? He was just making a suggestion, really. I mean, he wasn't telling you how to battle, just more or less saying what he would do probably, right?"

Vincent rolled his eyes. Who did this girl think she was? Again, he felt his teeth grind. "It's...nothing, okay?! Just leave me alone," Vincent said with a growl as he picked up his pace and looked around for somewhere to go. Anywhere to go. He heard that the main garden is where most of the battles were held. And that's where he was going to go.

Melody seemed hesitant at first, but she ended up following behind the boy anyways. It seemed that his attitude had taken a complete, 180 degrees spin from what it had been when she first met him. She was also still curious about why the professor's suggestion had made him so mad to begin with

Oh. And Rainbow Badge.

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
*Looks at Dragon and Raikiri's SUs* Its okay tyler, you can cry yourself to sleep now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BECAUSE CUTE

Spr_1g_092.png
Spr_1g_093.png
Spr_1y_094.png

Gastly | male | Psychic
Clara Shinrei
age 16 | female

Appearance: Standing at 160cm, Clara is a relatively petite girl. Her long, wavy hair is naturally as blonde that it almost looks white, and is her most remarkable visual trait. She usually keeps it loosely braided, either just at the sides to get some hair out of her face or the whole of it in one long thick braid. Her skin is a sort of bright olive; she looks rather pale but she doesn't get sunburnt easily, rather her skin just gets a yellow and eventually brown tone when she's out much in the sun. Her eyes are big and bright, of a light green color, bordering cyan. Despite being a girl in her prime teenage years, she hasn't really got much in terms of womanly curves.

For clothing on her journey, Clara mostly wears black. Her upper body style can be seen in the pic, and the top is really part of a jumpsuit rather than being separate. Something like this. On her feet, she wears brown, loose boots, like the brightest of these. Her waist is clasped with a belt and waist bag in the same brown leather color, holding several pockets on the back as well as magnetic spots for up to six pokéballs on the front sides. She tries to fit everything she needs on her journey into this bag and pockets. Growing up in a temple has luckily enough not made her very dependent of too many worldly possessions. But from the black cloth around her neck hangs a silver chain with a cyan pendant. It's the only thing she had with her when she was found as a baby.

Family: The people living at the Chiheisen temple are the closest thing Clara has to a family. She was left at the gate as a baby, since one of the main missions of the temple was to act as an orphanage and produce new monks from the children they took in. Each child was given a simple first name and then after some time in the temple a surname that the grandmaster deemed to be in tune with their soul. Usually related to a type of pokémon. Clara's surname became one related to the Ghost type, something she never quite understood. There wasn't anything particularly spiritual or mysterious about her?

Goals and Interests: For a long time now, Clara has been having bad luck and feeling uneasy and easily irritated - she is at odds with the world around her, sort of. Now she is leaving on a spiritual journey to grow as a person and find her inner essence, since the grandmaster in the temple says that it has escaped somewhere out into the world. She's not sure if she believes that talk; she was always a bit more modern than her religious "family". But nevertheless, traveling the region with a pokémon of her own will at least get her out of the tiny village east of Sandgem where she has been stuck for most of the world. She just hopes that her bad luck will turn soon, or she might try to destroy the world around her in frustration before she finds that "inner essence" that she apparently so badly needs to connect with.

In her usual life, Clara is a girl with a sharp mouth and many worries. She went to school in Sandgem but quit before high school to be taught at the temple by the monks instead. Maybe this is part of the reason for her annoyance with the world. Nevertheless, despite what she tells her teachers, she enjoys her singing classes and choir sessions and feels free and almost at peace when she sings out loud. Music in general is soothing for her. She also likes running with the wind like some sort of wild child, playing with the pet pokémon in the temple and sneaking out into the forest to try and spot wild pokémon. That, she has been doing ever since she was a child, together with the other orphaned kids who also grew up in the Chiheisen village. She wonders if pokémon are really as intelligent as humans, or dumb animals and haven't figured out a satisfying answer to that yet.

Clara likely won't be taking on the gym challenge, as her main goal - bestowed upon her by the grandmaster - is to meet and get to know every kind of pokémon in the region in order to find out who she really are herself. Which basically means, she's gotta catch 'em all.

Rival: Clara's main rivals would actually be herself and the god of luck. If there is such one. She hates being told what to do, but she doesn't really have high thoughts about herself either and often find herself groaning over past choices she's regretting. And luck... Well, she seems to have none, so whoever is responsible for her random misfortune, if they ever would find themselves standing face to face with Clara, they likely wouldn't have time to escape her wrath.

Strengths: She's pretty clever and intelligent and not easily fooled. Her somewhat cynical outlook on the world and herself makes her ready to plunge into risks and take chances pretty often, because what has she got to lose, really? She is a great singer; her voice has been praised by the monks of the Chiheisen temple as otherworldly, in a positive sense! Despite looking down on childish people, Clara has a curious side to her. She tries to hide it as she says that curiosity is childish, but sometimes it leaks through and causes her to move forward rather than backwards in the world.

Weaknesses: Hates being told what to do, after a lifetime (well, so far) of living in a temple and having to help out with daily work and chores. Even though she can become curious and interested in their behavior and stories when meeting new people, she generally acts like she doesn't care much. Can be overprotective when it comes to the things in the world she does think of as important, such as the pendant hanging from her neck, her pokémon or her "siblings" at the temple. Is generally skeptical of talk of fate, destiny and spirits, but can't help but believing it to some degree. She blames her upbringing. And her biggest weakness - she seems to suffer from a permanent case of bad luck. It's been going on for years now.

Roleplay Sample: Something like this? I think this post earns me a swell rainbow badge.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
bYK1FvX.jpg

Spr_5b_280.png
Spr_5b_281.png
Spr_5b_282.png

Ralts | Female | Psyshock
Neil O'Connor
Age 16 | Male

Appearance: Neil stands at around 5'5" in height and possesses a fairly slim body build. Because of his short height he is often perceived to be much younger than he actually is. His ear length blonde hair sits atop of his head in a messy and hastily combed fashion. He usually believes that he is far too busy to bother with such trivial matters and ends up looking like he just stepped out of his bed. Neil's eyes are a deep red and they complement the red tinges on the tips of his hair quite well. Neil's usual attire consists of a deep brown t-shirt which he can be seen wearing most of the time which in turn is draped by a light brown almost red jacket. His bottom half consists of a pair of blue jeans along with a pair of white sneakers. Finally we have the large backpack which Neil lumbers around with him. The backpack contains all sorts of supplies which he may need on his travels such as a sleeping bag, food, a small portable cooker, plenty of water and refreshments, money, the list goes on. You name it, Neil probably has it.

Family: Neil lives in a little house in Sandgem town with his mother and father. His mother works in the towns Pokémon center, helping out injured pokémon and trainers that come by while his father isn't exactly present a lot of the time as he himself is off on his own Pokémon journey. Neil had a fairly lonely childhood, often staying locked away in his room talking to himself and playing games as well as also talking to the toys around him. To say he had a vivid imagination would be quite the understatement. As he got older he started to develop more as a person and his shyness and lack of interaction with other people soon faded away. He would often accompany his mother to work just so he could see and try his best to help the pokémon there. His love for Pokemon grew and grew and he yearned for the day that he would receive his own.

Goals and Interests: Neil's goals and interests are quite simply to go on a grand adventure. Growing up in a somewhat sheltered and lonesome home through no fault of anyone else's expect his own of course, his love for the outdoors and unknown lands grew larger and larger as he aged. Now that he is finally of age to travel his mind is only focused on one thing … to see as many places and to meet as many people as he can. Sure he'll take on the gym leaders and see how he gets on, he'll train and care for his pokémon just like any other trainer but battling isn't the most important thing to Neil, having a grand old adventure with friends is. One could say that one of his goals is to make some good treasured friends who he'll hold dear for the rest of his life.

However Neil does however feel pressurized into battling competitively because of his father. His father is a great trainer who has travelled the lands and possesses a powerful team of pokémon. If Neil's dad hears that Neil isn't pushing himself to be a great battler like him, maybe he'll be disappointed? Maybe he'll feel ashamed of his son? Only time will tell which goals and dreams that Neil fulfills … his father's, or his own?

Rival: Neil hasn't met too many people yet so he has no rival.

Strengths: Neil is good at making friends and interacting with new people thanks to his cheery and jolly demeanor. His wacky and zany personality can make him stand out from the rest. He will always try and cheer up someone who is down and will always try to make light of a bad situation. He generally dislikes conflict between people including himself and if conflict does arise between him and other people, he will more than likely be the first one to apologies. He also has a vivid imagination due to his childhood antics and will often daydream and fantasize about ridiculous scenarios which he has thought up in his head. Most importantly however is Neil's ability to fend for himself. Thanks to his seemingly endless backpack of items coupled with the fact that he has some wits about him when it comes to outdoor camping and various other outdoor activities, this results in a boy who can fend for himself out in the wild.

Weaknesses: Neil can sometimes forget that some people want to just be left alone and he generally won't pick up on this unless explicitly told. He also has a slight tendency to talk to himself now and again, childhood habit mostly but it does give the illusion that he's a raving madman. He also has a problem staying focused on a serious problem. If a serious topic/debate/battle arises and it doesn't exactly involve him, he will usually lose interest quite quickly which in turn will lead to him daydreaming about something completely different.

He also has a weakness to a mystical item called a 'Rainbow Badge'.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Dragon, you are accepted! Welcome to Sinnoh!

Raikiri, you are looking good, but rules are rules and I need to see a sample so it is fair for everyone else.

Tyler and Haunter, you both passed your 24 hour mark with no word or comment or message about being late or having something come up to keep you from finishing in time. It's not that I don't want you in, but it would involve breaking the rules for you two and not letting anyone else have a crack at it after the expired time. If for some reason someone drops out, expires in reservation time, or has their SU rejected, please feel free to try again! :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My body is read- I mean, my SU is done. I know her weaknesses and strengths aren't very interesting perhaps, but... I think I want her like this. If you do.
o.o

EDIT:
Raikiri, you are looking good,
giggity OTP

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Raikiri and WooliestSteam are both accepted!

We now have a full cast! So with that said, I shall begin crafting the opening post for the IC~ :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh my god rai how dare you not put that huge jp rp sample in a spoiler. xD

Back