• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The right angle will give me +1000 followers

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There is a phenomena called selfies that has grown and grown over the past decades. Do you take selfies? Does it matter much to you how and where you take them or would it be all the same to you if you just woke up and had no make-up on?

Fun thing: http://www.joinselfie.com/super-old-selfies/
    The "selfie" isn't really a new thing, but it probably got more common when everybody got a camera in their phone and with the emergence of internet sites and apps to upload and show them off at, haha.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I take selfies, but usually not for no reason. I tend to take them when I want a new profile picture on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and I only take them when I'm feeling particularly pretty. That doesn't happen often, so I'm not taking very many selfies :x I've taken a few lately because I got new clothes and want opinions on how to do my hair~

I also send pictures of my face on snapchat sometimes but I don't really count those as selfies & I don't care how I look in those since it's just going out to friends and I feel more comfortable looking however.

That link <3 going through old photographs is literally one of my favorite things.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Mid-2000s Myspace burnt me out on selfies........I don't know what it is...but I've always found selfies to be too much effort. I just use non-selfie pictures on Facebook now. Group pictures, random pictures, or pictures of me in concert crowds.

Years
  • I try taking one maybe like once every few months or so at the very least, because I can.

And then I usually end up hating what I took, it's too much of this, or too much of that, or things look awkward, so nope, delete, no more selfies for me ever.

(Until the next time I try.)

Though probably doesn't help me that I don't have a good thing to take selfies with, right now I have the choice of a (rather potato) digital camera, or my tablet...which is awkward for trying to get a decent angle, sometimes.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I take selfies like once every month or two but then never end up actually posting them anywhere since I'm not comfortable with who I am now. Sometimes I think my face looks good so I'll take a picture of it, but know better than to immediately post it. I usually end up taking pictures around 5 or 6 am so my judgement is a little off and I'll wait until at least the next day before making a decision.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Mid-2000s Myspace burnt me out on selfies........I don't know what it is...but I've always found selfies to be too much effort. I just use non-selfie pictures on Facebook now. Group pictures, random pictures, or pictures of me in concert crowds.

I cringe at the thought of all my old MySpace pictures. So many camera in the mirror pics .__.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I take... aaaah, on average a couple selfies a month. Some months not at all, sometimes one two days in a row that I'll post somewhere. It's sporadic. I only post them when I feel like I look different enough from the last one, so its not the same picture every dang day.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i take them here and there and i post them on instagram when i'm feeling it. idk there's just so many other things i rather take pictures of/post than my face

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I sometimes take selfies when I'm asked to by my friends, or when I'm with a group of people. I used to take them a lot more, I guess I've just fallen out of the habit.

Years
  • tumblr_lq7vtlHKrM1r1c6jgo1_400.jpg

Back in my day we called them "self portraits" and you had to have a proper film camera and could only take a few dozen pictures. Then you took the film to the photo booth, paid real money, and you waited hours or even days to get them back. You had no idea how they'd look and most were terrible, blurry blobs with red eyes, but gosh dangit you were happy with what you got. Kids these days.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I used to only take them every year or so when I wanted a new profile picture for Facebook or something. Now that I dyed my hair i've become super vain and I like how I look a lot more so it's increased to one or two a week haha.

Still not as much as my sister, who's mastered the art of rapidfire selfies.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I used to only take them every year or so when I wanted a new profile picture for Facebook or something. Now that I dyed my hair i've become super vain and I like how I look a lot more so it's increased to one or two a week haha.

Still not as much as my sister, who's mastered the art of rapidfire selfies.
    Your hair is lovely <333

I take loads of selfies but rarely post them anywhere anymore. I kind of hate most pictures other people take of me, but am quite okay with selfies. Maybe I've got a really twisted weird view of my own looks O.o

Bay

Years
  • I cringe at the thought of all my old MySpace pictures. So many camera in the mirror pics .__.

I'm guilty of that too, haha.

Like the others, I sometimes would take a selfie, but rarely post them due to not liking the way it looked. I still save most of my selfies either in my phone or computer, though.

Years
  • If I take a selfie, I'll delete it like an hour later lol, I'm not confident in my appearance ;u;

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I take quite a lot of selfies lol. Mostly on Snapchat where I'm less picky about how I look (but still try and get good lighting and angles), and sometimes in group chats when doing cool things with friends. In group situations I'm often the one taking the obligatory selfie because I have long arms :P I don't post a lot of my selfies on Insta or FB though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh yeah, I guess I take selfies for snapchat pretty often. Then it's just a few seconds though and people don't really screenshot me haha so that's fine.

Back