• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you know what your name means?

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
  • Does your name have any means?
    Or you made it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • My name name? Or username? Cause I know my username means badass PS2 series.

Crash Bandicoot >>>>>>>>> Jak :p

But I don't know what my username means....but my real name is a different story.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I know what my real name and username mean, and they're both deliciously ironic considering my life lol.

My real name is Christian - which means "Little Christ". I abandoned the christian religion at the age of like, 16.

I should convert to Judaism just because \ ._. /

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • All I know about my actual name is that it bares a lot of history in relation to my family. But, I only overheard that sort of thing, so I can't be 100% sure.

As for my username, it's my favourite Touhou Project character, Marisa Kirisame. You could also say that I personally think Marisa's an adorable name in general, which is why I took it on here.

Years
  • My real name mans "universal" in German, and it comes from a great aunt I never got to meet XD Apparently she had a great sense of humor, so my mom and dad liked her a lot.

My username comes from this hottie:

E8Sm19d.png

He's one of my all-time fave characters right now <3 I was also surprised the username wasn't taken when registering, hence why I took it~

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My real name means wise or prudent. Which is pretty accurate. I don't know about the wise part because I make pretty terrible decisions, but yeah. And then my username is about the best merchant in all of gaming history.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • In Greek, Alexander is a compound word forming the phrase "protector of the people". My surname, Rose, is an English name that (as you may tell) originated from the name of that pretty two-edged flower. My second given name, Nicholi, derived from the Greek Nicholas, means "people's victory", however also may stem from "to quarrel with the people" (difference in Greek being Νικε and Νεικος).

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Formula is taken from the racing league Formula 1, F1 racing has many aspects that I so truly desire such as: Efficiency, Precision, Performance and most importantly Finesse. It also gives a hint of my own Go-Karting profession.

Grande: Only a spiffy way i prefer to say Grand. Symbolizes that i only desire to give pinnacle/grandest effort in my true ambitions.

So the username Formula_Grande was born.

Real name? no idea :) i think its supposed to mean pursuer?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Adventure is pretty much a cool thing you should go on once in a while in order to feel alive 8)

My real name, I think means "powerful heiress".

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Apollo is the god of the sun :)

My real name means "rich" or something along those lines.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    My name means victory of the people.

My username doesn't mean anything.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    My real name(Dimitrios) is from the Patron Saint of the city, which is a common name as would be expected. The etemology roots of the name come from the Greek Goddess of Harvest, Demetra. I find it oddly ridiculously awesome that my name means Earth Lover, being born in May, under the sign of Taurus. I'm all about the Earth apparently.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My real name is an Italian last name (surname).

My username is my Youtube name which is basically 22 for my birthday, green is my favorite color, and Alf is just a shortened form of my name.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • My name? Erm...

Real name comes from a unit of light intensity.
    Username... Starlight? I really don't know why I picked it up though, mostly nostalgic purposes, but it's pretty much self explanatory.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Oryx is a kind of antelope, but more importantly one of the main characters in Oryx and Crake.

My real name is Nicole, which, as Alex mentioned before, means "power of the people" since it's derived from Nicholas.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • My real name literally means "Given by God". However, I find that pretty ♥♥♥♥ing ironic, due to the fact that I am an atheist now.

As for my nickname on here, it was given to me by one of my first Internet friends. It was either the shortened version of Poker, or Pokemon, which were both nicknames of mine at that time. It kinda stuck with me ever since.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My username is the name of one of my cats, Sergeant Dustmop. He was a very.. assertive and vocal little fluffball when he was little, hence how he got his name.

My real name is a gemstone. Which, like most people have said about their own names, is a bit ironic since I have absolutely no interest in jewelry or, by extension, gemstones. :v

Back