• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you know what your name means?

Years
    Real name or username? My real name means "pure," while "Raine," although an actual name that can be used for girls or boys in real life, I grabbed it from a minor character in Final Fantasy VIII.

Years
    My real name is just a shorter name for the Slovenian name Jakob, which in English is Jacob. If you mean actual meaning, idk, never bothered to check.

Roaming Murkrow is currently my username cause i post on a lot of sections on PC and Murkrow is one of my favorite Pokemon. Though Murkrow is ironic because i REALLY rarely post anywhere Pokemon related here.
    My old username was ProjectL, short for Project Leviamon, which is a Digimon BlackGuilmon OC based off me, there is a pretty big explanation for the name, and i can't be bothered to explain here.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    My real name means "Willow Grove".

My username is due to two things. 1. I think Bunnelby is adorable, and 2. My nickname is Rabbit and it's due to my restless right leg. I bass-kick forever. XD

Gabri

m8
    Years
    My username is pretty much random. I thought it sounded cool and just changed the first letter for a striking effect and done.

My real name means something along the lines of "God's messenger". Which is quite ironic since I'm not religious at all.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Víctor means winner and Ventura means luck or happiness. So it means "Lucky winner" or "Happy winner". Not wrong at all.

My username is just a mishmash between both words :P

Years
    My real name means Christian, meh. My username was an attempt for me to sound awesome by putting Ice in romaji.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    iirc sophie means wisdom and my username comes from the lion in narnia

anyway I think I got my name off some book my mum was reading but the meaning's nice. :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    ;____;

>mfw everyone has cool name meanings and mine is just ordinary in comparison

Anyway, real name, "Vikalp", means 'alternative/option'. It is the hindi word for alternative, to be more specific. Even in India, the name is pretty rare so maybe that's a plus? Even though it isn't extraordinary, it still is unique. And I've come to love it over the years /brick'd

derozio is, well, the name of a philosopher I came across once in my history textbook. Was a foreigner who actually identified himself as an Indian and was one of the philosophers who lived during the "British rule over India" period. I picked it as the username because I personally thought it looked and sounded really cool. And I've stuck to it over the years. In fact, almost all of my usernames on every damn website are the same as this one.

people do call me dero tho and i like that. nothing to do with the topic really but i just thought i'd say that

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My real name means unlucky and unhappy true fax

My username is just my zodiac sign

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible.

My username is completely unrelated; it was given to me by a user here, who I was good friends with. 'Limey' is a nickname given to Brits/people from England, and 'chan' is some form of endearment or something. I'm really not too sure, but I liked the name, and it was infinitely better than 'Cooltrainer_Mike', so I kept it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My name was a generic 90s fad name so it holds no super special awesome meaning, unfortunately.

My username is kinda short for MochiPearl, which is my Nintendo Network ID and my PSN so I kind of think of it as my "gamer" name. Plus, it's cute!

Years
    Nicholas - From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people".

I've always been fond of my name and Greek names in general, they always seem to mean cool things, haha. My name (Nickolas) is spelled with a K though, not an H.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    In elementary school, I remember our class going to the library to look up the meaning of our names in a name dictionary. The librarian said that my name meant dedicated. I asked what does the word dedicated mean. She said it means sticking to things until they get done. And that phrase has carried me forwarded in life ever since.

Sirfetch’d

Not sure what my name actually means. I've always assumed Chase would mean something like "someone who is always on the run". Probably very inaccurate but I don't really care the meaning behind it.

On another note, I used Urban Dictionary to define me and got a good laugh from it.

Urban Dictionary said:
    The coolest ****er ever. Often seen with *****es and a cane.
    Everyone including you wishes they were Chase

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Cassino is a comune of Italy, beginning as the Volscian settlement of Casinum. Apparently the original name is Sabine for forum vetus, or old forum.

Last edited:
    Back