• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...but I don't remember!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    So I found out the other day after looking to see who shares the same birthday as me that I've joined here once before. I looked at it and sat there and thought WTH and it was WAAAAAYYYYY back in 2003 that I did this. The problem is....I never even remember joining here till just recently. And no someone else couldn't have posed as me....my posts are to horrid for that. xD

So the question is: Have you done something but then later on have forgotten or have NO clue what so ever of ever doing what you did?

Have you been absent minded like me? :D

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Doesn't happen too often to me. Though, there have been times I've forgotten some small details about what I've said. Luckily, I'm not much of a liar, so I've never gotten into a spot of trouble because of it.

Years
  • Yeah, I've had this happen a few times. >< Not usually with joining sites and whatnot, although that has occurred to me at least once before, but mostly along the lines of...I do something, and then I realize I have no recollection of actually doing it. Although in those cases I obviously have to have done it because I can see things have been done, but I just can't remember the actual task of doing it.

Actually gets me slightly worried at times because then I wonder if my memory's going, again. :P

And I've also had the "don't remember what I said at all" thing happen. I've had friends tease me about things I've said to them before, and I'm just like .....uh, yeah, doesn't ring a bell at all I'm afraid, I really have no idea what you're talking about I honestly don't remember saying that.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I often get told things about my childhood and school life that I don't remember doing or happening. For example, my teacher in year 7 said that one time I randomly walked to the front of the classroom and banged my head on the blackboard a number of times. No idea if that is true or if she is making up. I'll never know.

Years
  • I'm very absent-minded so expect my memory to get cloudy. I don't even remember most weird childhood moments these days.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • 2006-2010 is pretty much just a blur and I can only really remember one or two things from that expanse of time. I also have pretty terrible short term memory, but then I'll end up remembering it in a relatively distant point in time. Like if I was trying to remember something right now and need to know it then I'd end up remembering it in like 4 or 5 hours or something. But like if I was told today to remember to do something tomorrow or the day after it'd probably be a couple of weeks before it even occurred to me that I was supposed to do something. And I can never seem to continuously write down reminders of things I'm supposed to do so that really doesn't help either. I don't even remember to write down my clock-in clock-out times for work half the time.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    My short term memory is an absolute wreck so there's a really high chance that I'll immediately forget something I just did.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My memory is pretty selective and also like... I can only remember things when prompted. Like lawd I could not tell you anything about chemistry but if you sat me down with a high school chemistry test I would ace it. I also don't remember much if like. I wake up and someone tells me things and then I go back to sleep within half an hour. It blends in. And then there's the problem of blurring dreams and real childhood memories....

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm fairly young yet I am already forgetting what has happened in my childhood. My brother can talk about all of the places we traveled to, but I can't seem to recall anything clearly from 2000 to 2006. Maybe I was too absent-minded and always had my gameboys in my hand to be able to make other memories. :B

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I don't think I can remember any specific details of the last few weeks, or even days; my life is pretty much the same on a daily basis, so everything gets extremely fuzzy and blended together unless something important or really notable happened. I forget a lot of things quickly unless I need to remember them for some reason.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i have no memories of anything before i was 10...
    well, i wouldn't say no memories. i still got memories of academic/trade skill stuff, video games played, anime, tv shows & cartoons watched & a small handful of events. i was always something of a terror after i was born technically dead & was sent to the morgue only to be found alive and biting about 10 mins after my birth. i started getting into fights with people when i was about 3. up til i was 15 i had always got in to fights or just went & destroyed stuff when i was wasn't doing other stuff. when i was 3, after destroying about 5 tvs my mom eventually gave up on trying to make me watch barney and discovered that i preferred watching genocyber instead.
    those are of the few things from my childhood i do remember. aside from that i don't remember anything.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Sometimes I really want to do something, but I forget what I wanted to do so I spend time trying to remember. It's so frustrating!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • When I was little, my dad's friends, their families, and mine all went to these cabins in Canada. One kid's mom got her hand cut with a kitchen knife(which was suspicious because she wasn't doing any of the cooking), and one of my dad's friends claims that I mentioned that the kid seemed unusually upset that his mom was the center of attention. It turns out that she is a bit of a hypochondriac and somewhat nutty and likely did cut herself on the kitchen knife for attention.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My capacity for memory is inhibitively lacking, but I do usually know that I forgot something... not that this tends to be helpful.

Back