• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Not sure, I just feel as if the Generation VII games would be a repeat of what Generation II did in regards to visiting a past region. And I haven't seen any newer games be able to visit a past region since G/S/C and it's remakes.

But think about it... a new region based off the UK, and the old region in which is Kalos (in which is based off France). It would make the games very enjoyable.

But like Satoshi Tajiri has said in the past, there is no pattern when developing games. If we don't get to see a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2, like everyone speculates, then Generation VI will not only become the shortest generation... but it will also become the first ever generation to not have a sister game within the same generation that returns to it's main region. Now that the main Pokémon games are getting worldwide (or close to) release dates, we can now expect the generations to be more shorter.

The only reason why Generation V had a one year gap without announcing any new game, is because Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version were being released to the west. Which was about 6 months after it's release in Japan. Now that they focus on doing localizing at the same time as development, it means that the generations can be sped up, and Junichi Masuda has also previously said that he aims to release new Pokémon games on a yearly basis, but that doesn't mean it can be all within every year. It just means that he aims to release a new game after a year has passed for the previous games that were released.

Junichi Masuda has already said in an interview with GameSpot in October that him and his development team likes to develop games in a way that people aren't speculating about or expecting. So in this case, since most people are speculating an X2 and Y2, or Z... it means he'll avoid making games like that. But of course, Junichi Masuda did not rule out the possibility of a Pokémon X2 and Y2 after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, he only said that he avoided making direct sequels after X and Y, so that they could remake Ruby and Sapphire instead.

So it's either he'll go into direct sequels to X/Y, or we'll go directly into a Generation VII game like I speculated. A Generation VII game set 2 years before the events in X/Y and in a new region based off the UK with the ability to travel to Kalos.
    I have this feeling they are gonna go with prequels this time. The idea of doing it in a new region like you said sounds rather interesting.. but too rushed as well. I wouldn't mind having new Pokemon tho. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Not sure, I just feel as if the Generation VII games would be a repeat of what Generation II did in regards to visiting a past region. And I haven't seen any newer games be able to visit a past region since G/S/C and it's remakes.

But think about it... a new region based off the UK, and the old region in which is Kalos (in which is based off France). It would make the games very enjoyable.

But like Satoshi Tajiri has said in the past, there is no pattern when developing games. If we don't get to see a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2, like everyone speculates, then Generation VI will not only become the shortest generation... but it will also become the first ever generation to not have a sister game within the same generation that returns to it's main region. Now that the main Pokémon games are getting worldwide (or close to) release dates, we can now expect the generations to be more shorter.

The only reason why Generation V had a one year gap without announcing any new game, is because Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version were being released to the west. Which was about 6 months after it's release in Japan. Now that they focus on doing localizing at the same time as development, it means that the generations can be sped up, and Junichi Masuda has also previously said that he aims to release new Pokémon games on a yearly basis, but that doesn't mean it can be all within every year. It just means that he aims to release a new game after a year has passed for the previous games that were released.

Junichi Masuda has already said in an interview with GameSpot in October that him and his development team likes to develop games in a way that people aren't speculating about or expecting. So in this case, since most people are speculating an X2 and Y2, or Z... it means he'll avoid making games like that. But of course, Junichi Masuda did not rule out the possibility of a Pokémon X2 and Y2 after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, he only said that he avoided making direct sequels after X and Y, so that they could remake Ruby and Sapphire instead.

So it's either he'll go into direct sequels to X/Y, or we'll go directly into a Generation VII game like I speculated. A Generation VII game set 2 years before the events in X/Y and in a new region based off the UK with the ability to travel to Kalos.
    I doubt that was the reason why Japanese Gen V had a gap, I mean look at Gen III, in JP it was RS: 2002, FRLG:2004, Emerald 2004. They did not wait until we got FRLG before releasing Emerald in JP...

Actually in terms of time between first and last Game releases Japanese Gen III was quite short...I actually think that this Gen will also be as short in terms of the difference between the first and last games.

Also, he may just spice up the third version/sequels like he did with B2W2, or giving Giratina a forme (we all expected the Giratina from DP), or having the third member be part of a trio like with Rayquaza which is different from Crystal's mascot, which is a legendary unlike Blastoise/Pikachu, those kind of mild curb balls. I think a prequel is a good curb ball.

I think that Britain (if they don't give us all of the UK) will be a good region for a future game, especially if tied in with Kalos considering Britain and France's real life history of wars against one another (including one lasting a century)...Also they could tie in that relationship that Unova and Kalos share.
    Speaking of Unova what if Unova is featured in the prequels if they go that route? It could take place some time before BW.

Last edited:

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • I just hope to see Steven play a role in the third version, as he is my favorite character. Plus, with his dialogue at the end of the Delta Episode, it's hard not to speculate about him making a return, or at least a cameo.

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Warning, long wall of text ahead.

Spoiler:

Sorry, I just REALLY love theories and predictions~

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Warning, long wall of text ahead.

Sorry, I just REALLY love theories and predictions~
    Well hey, at least you used punctuation and split it into multiple paragraphs, unlike some other walls of text I've seen.

Couple of things in your post I wanna comment on:

2. There's reference to the war 3,000 years ago in Black and White through an item called the "Relic Copper" or something. It's virtually useless other than it's high value to collectors, but the fact is, they have the data, which means they've been planning this for a while.
    The war in Unova took place about 2500 years ago and not 3000 years ago, and was also a civil war, not to mention that afaik it's never specified who exactly the Kalos war was fought between in X/Y.

However, I do think that we'll have a singular title, if not just to help bind everything together.
    Apparently some data or something was found in ORAS's coding implying that there's to be 2 more games in Gen 6 and not one. Never seen the evidence myself for that one but yeah.

But really I just wish they'd reveal the next game(s) already, I really wanna know what's coming next. But we probably won't hear anything until like June or something.....

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    The war in Unova took place about 2500 years ago and not 3000 years ago, and was also a civil war, not to mention that afaik it's never specified who exactly the Kalos war was fought between in X/Y.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/collectors.shtml

"Relic Copper: A bronze coin that was used by an ancient civilization some 3000 years ago. Enthusiasts will buy them for high prices."

Not trying to start anything, just showing my proof. Or if you're just adding on, that's also a neat mention. Either way, it's rather interesting to note, that in addition to the Relic Copper, there's also the Relic Vase, Gold, Silver, Statue, BAND, and CROWN, all found in the undersea ruins, and all from 3,000 years ago, and all made by some ancient civilization.

3,000 years ago keeps coming up in too many games to call it a mere coincidence. Maybe this will be explained in "Z" as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/collectors.shtml

"Relic Copper: A bronze coin that was used by an ancient civilization some 3000 years ago. Enthusiasts will buy them for high prices."

Not trying to start anything, just showing my proof. Or if you're just adding on, that's also a neat mention. Either way, it's rather interesting to note, that in addition to the Relic Copper, there's also the Relic Vase, Gold, Silver, Statue, BAND, and CROWN, all found in the undersea ruins, and all from 3,000 years ago, and all made by some ancient civilization.

3,000 years ago keeps coming up in too many games to call it a mere coincidence. Maybe this will be explained in "Z" as well.
    Nah, I ain't trying to start anything. Just trying to be a part of the discussion. But I do agree that the 3000 years thing probably isn't a coincidence. There could very well be some connection between Unova and Kalos. Like, there's those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram in the Parfum Palace garden. I do hope that the next games explain some or all of the unexplained things.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Nah, I ain't trying to start anything. Just trying to be a part of the discussion. But I do agree that the 3000 years thing probably isn't a coincidence. There could very well be some connection between Unova and Kalos. Like, there's those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram in the Parfum Palace garden. I do hope that the next games explain some or all of the unexplained things.

This. I think it'd be awesome if they tied the lore of Unova in with the lore of Kalos for the third version. I think it'd also be really cool if we finally got to find out what the mystery Pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom used to be is. Both 5th and 6th gen left so unresolved mysteries, so I'm excited to see what the third gen will bring :)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Apparently some data or something was found in ORAS's coding implying that there's to be 2 more games in Gen 6 and not one. Never seen the evidence myself for that one but yeah.

But really I just wish they'd reveal the next game(s) already, I really wanna know what's coming next. But we probably won't hear anything until like June or something.....
    Just to point something out, the code in OR/AS as well as X/Y are only placeholders for Pokémon being traded to the games to show a "pentagon" symbol in the status menu, in which shows the either Central Kalos, Coastal Kalos, Mountain Kalos, or other region. It's true that there's only 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 as the placeholder data for the Pokémon for the games, but the placeholders 28 and 29 doesn't exactly mean it'll be a game within this generation. We've all seen Generation II having full backwards compatibility with the first Generation, as long as the Pokémon weren't holding any items or new moves.

It could be likely we could see a seventh generation combined as a prequel to the Kalos region, set in a new region with the ability to travel to the Kalos region. We haven't seen any multi-region games since HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions. It would be nice to be able to travel between two regions again.

It's completely possible to provide full backwards compatibility with a previous generation, as long as they don't change the EVs, IVs, EXP and stats. They can place in restrictions in which prevent trading or battling with Pokémon that have new moves, new Pokémon, new items, new abilities and vice versa.

And also, Junichi Masuda has expressed huge interest in developing for New Nintendo 3DS, and proving amiibo support. And just imagine the possibilities of using the extra RAM on the New Nintendo 3DS as well as the C stick. We know all too well that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D uses much more RAM than any "New 3DS enhanced" or "ordinary" 3DS games have. We've noticed that most of the generations haven't been as open-world as Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were, as they didn't have to use much textures and didn't have the need to change them so often in the overworld. Just think, seventh generation could use so many textures and many models stored in it's RAM and have no need for warp points to change the textures. We know all too well that sixth generation had to use many warp points in order to change the textures and models to match that of what the next map had. And as we know, OR/AS had to use so many warp points between routes and cities, due to the technical limitations on the original 3DS, so it was unable to be just like Ruby/Sapphire was in terms of it's overworld.

Remember, the New Nintendo 3DS's RAM is double of that of the original 3DS, so if seventh generation came around... it would be more than likely to be exclusive for the New 3DS, if they're aiming for it to be as open-world as Ruby/Sapphire was.

Also, seventh generation can use the C stick to control the in-game camera if it was a New 3DS exclusive. Otherwise if it isn't, then it would be impossible to move the in-game camera around in any way.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Apparently some data or something was found in ORAS's coding implying that there's to be 2 more games in Gen 6 and not one. Never seen the evidence myself for that one but yeah.

If that's true then I would bet all my $pla$h dollars that it is Delta Emerald and Pokemon Z..
    It would fit the whole breaking traditions thing that Gamefreak is making..

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    If that's true then I would bet all my $pla$h dollars that it is Delta Emerald and Pokemon Z..
    It would fit the whole breaking traditions thing that Gamefreak is making..

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Delta Emerald. For one, we got Delta Episode in ORAS, which is essentially the Emerald add-on for the games. Two, we also have to look back at FRLG and HGSS, both remakes that follow the original incarnations of their games, and both without a third remake of their enhanced versions (Although HGSS can be argued that they're already enhanced with the Crystal aspects with Suicune and the Battle Tower/Frontier).

Onto other subjects, backwards compatibility would be cool for future generations... But I don't know if it will happen within the next game. I figure that we'll have at least another year before we talk about a new generation in general, since the Kalos starters have only shined so much (you could argue that Gen 5 didn't last long, but they had plenty of opportunities to let that generation shine, uninterrupted). IMO, we're due one more 6th gen game.

Backwards comparability, however, is an interesting thought. I'm not much for tech, so forgive me if I'm a little slow on the subject, but part of me wonders if the reason that X and Y weren't patched for the new Megas introduced in ORAS was because they wanted to wait to patch everything in at once, which makes me believe that the Megas in ORAS won't be compatible either. Perhaps Kalos will be the first generation that will allow us to transfer Pokemon from a newer generation backwards? That would be a sight to behold. Although something tells me that won't happen because of hardware limitations.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I feel like backwards compatibility has to continue to be a thing in the future, due to Pokebank being a thing now.
    For those of us using it, we are paying for a portable storage to transfer multiple pokemon quickly and simply between games.

If/When Gen VII is released Pokebank no longer works or there becomes a heap of issue with it due to new pokemon, I would personally be rather annoyed, and I'm sure others would be with me.

Years
  • I think that Pokébank can easily be undated to include next gen mons (besides it was created for more than Gen V->VI tranfer in mind.)

Anyways I don't expect the break from tradition to be big... could simply be prequels called X0 and Y0 (the Origin), maybe with Xerneas and Yveltal as the mascots but in their Primal/Mega forms (Gen VII could tie Unova with Kalos with the mascots being Perfect Kyurem and Primal/Mega Zygarde, the region could be based on Britain).

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think that Pokébank can easily be undated to include next gen mons (besides it was created for more than Gen V->VI tranfer in mind.)

Anyways I don't expect the break from tradition to be big... could simply be prequels called X0 and Y0 (the Origin), maybe with Xerneas and Yveltal as the mascots but in their Primal/Mega forms (Gen VII could tie Unova with Kalos with the mascots being Perfect Kyurem and Primal/Mega Zygarde, the region could be based on Britain).

I'm not sure if the XZ/YZ games that were apparently "leaked" from CoroCoro were true or not, but that looked interesting, and I'd play it.

77755d1427930715-pokemon-xz-and-yz-revealed-4wfldij.jpg

If you haven't seen it

Makes Zygarde a main feature. But reuses the Kyurem split and refuses idea.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'm not sure if the XZ/YZ games that were apparently "leaked" from CoroCoro were true or not, but that looked interesting, and I'd play it.

77755d1427930715-pokemon-xz-and-yz-revealed-4wfldij.jpg

If you haven't seen it

Makes Zygarde a main feature. But reuses the Kyurem split and refuses idea.

These are fake. Supposed 'April Fools' joke this year.

Gen VII is not coming out any time soon. Kalos needs to get wrapped up before we can move on. And a new generation that serves as a third version to X/Y isn't exactly what I call a 'new generation'.
    I believe the third versions (XZ/YZ/X+/Y-) will be released in spring 2016, like March or something. Around 6 months prior to the releases the games will be revealed to enter the marketing route, so a potential reveal date is around late summer 2015.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • E3 will probably be the reveal date of whatever the next game is. I still think it may be Kalos and Hoenn or Kalos and Unova in 1 game.

Kalos is based off France while Unova is based of New York. They had good relations and France gave us the Statue of Liberty.

There is far too much left unanswered in Gen 6. Why Looker was found on the shore with no memory? Who the mystery girl was and who was she waiting on? Who were the faceless men? Who are the statues of at the Kalos Elite 4? What was the unnamed region the man with the strange souvenir talking about? What was the strange pokemon it seemed to depict?

Something obviously happened between XY and ORAS to Looker.

If it is more than one and possibly 2 or 3 and a half regions, no wonder it is taking them so long to make and announce the next game.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • These are fake. Supposed 'April Fools' joke this year.

Gen VII is not coming out any time soon. Kalos needs to get wrapped up before we can move on. And a new generation that serves as a third version to X/Y isn't exactly what I call a 'new generation'.
    I believe the third versions (XZ/YZ/X+/Y-) will be released in spring 2016, like March or something. Around 6 months prior to the releases the games will be revealed to enter the marketing route, so a potential reveal date is around late summer 2015.

I did actually think that Kalos could all be wrapped up in Generation VII, and it's not impossible to do so. They could have the new region's new starter Pokémon's mega evolutions as the mascots, so it can show it's a brand new generation.

And remember, as Satoshi Tajiri said long ago... "There is no pattern when developing games". And Junichi Masuda would rather develop something that is not hardly speculated about, along with some elements that are speculated about. It's always about creating something unique. Ken Sugimori did mention about reverting back to simplicity for next generation, and I think now is the time to do it.

Junichi Masuda has already expressed huge interest in developing for New 3DS, as well as amiibo. So it's likely we'll be seeing something brand new and unique within a couple of months. And already, one of the developers at Game Freak have already said that they want to keep up with technology, 'cause they've already said that if they take their time... they fall further behind in technology and not be able to keep up with the modern world.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Junichi Masuda has already expressed huge interest in developing for New 3DS, as well as amiibo. So it's likely we'll be seeing something brand new and unique within a couple of months. And already, one of the developers at Game Freak have already said that they want to keep up with technology, 'cause they've already said that if they take their time... they fall further behind in technology and not be able to keep up with the modern world.

I haven't read up on this but it sounds interesting. I get developing for the New 3DS and its extended capabilities.
    But how would Amiibo work with Pokemon? Theres no way they could release all 721 pokemon (including hoopa + volcanion) and then if they were crazy enough to, does that mean they need to make all the forms for pokes like Unown, Castform, Arceus?
    It would release legendary pokemon (event pokemon) from there difficult to obtain status.
    Not to mention cost fans a fortune.

As an owner of the New 3DS its hard enough not to buy Amiibo's already for Super Smash Bros. which 1. I dont play very often to begin with, and 2. I've bought 1 of the 5 that I wanted, and it still sits in its box unopened.

I'm not sure about the rest of the world but here in Australia Amiibos start for $17 and go to around $19, assuming they're in stock, if you need to go online to pick one up because you missed it (eg/ I want Lucario which is no longer available) cheapest they seem to be available for is $30+.

So as tempting as it would be to own Pokemon Amiibos, it would cost an arm and a leg, and just on release there are 10 I would buy, thats $170 minimum. And I'm sure I'd want plenty more

Years
  • I did actually think that Kalos could all be wrapped up in Generation VII, and it's not impossible to do so. They could have the new region's new starter Pokémon's mega evolutions as the mascots, so it can show it's a brand new generation.

And remember, as Satoshi Tajiri said long ago... "There is no pattern when developing games". And Junichi Masuda would rather develop something that is not hardly speculated about, along with some elements that are speculated about. It's always about creating something unique. Ken Sugimori did mention about reverting back to simplicity for next generation, and I think now is the time to do it.

Junichi Masuda has already expressed huge interest in developing for New 3DS, as well as amiibo. So it's likely we'll be seeing something brand new and unique within a couple of months. And already, one of the developers at Game Freak have already said that they want to keep up with technology, 'cause they've already said that if they take their time... they fall further behind in technology and not be able to keep up with the modern world.
    Chances are we will get a 3 year Gen like Jp V, seeing how GF expressed that they were working/looking forward to on developing 3DS games (XY) sometime around Gen V (irc after BW came out) too.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I remember mentions of "another region" in X and Y, presumably a new one, so maybe that could have a role in the third game. It's unlikely we'll get another region in the game out of this, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back